E. & J. Gallo Winery
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

E. & J. Gallo Winery Employee Reviews

The tasks given are crystal clear and there is never any confusion. There is always someone to talk to if you need some form of clarification. I've never worked for a better company.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, professional, helpful, and encouraging
Cons
Sometimes going home too early as season begins to dwindle or before it the season takes off
Gallo is a hard work and great rewards kind of company. Management is fair yet demanding. Training is well done and very complete. They train well and offer constant on the job support.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Demanding
Comment – April 5, 2021
Thanks for your thorough feedback. We appreciate the time you spent with Gallo. Best of luck to you!
It was an ok job. It paid decently well, they hold all of their training in-house which is nice. I can't speak for anything outside of Security. The personnel in Modesto seem very pleasant but as far as you working in Fresno you will be one guard per shift with tons of work to do.
Pros
Occasional free alcohol
Comment – April 5, 2021
Thanks for your review and for your time at Gallo. Best of luck to you!
Clean And Professional. No interference when it comes to your productivity.Good professional seniors who are supportive even in personal problems.Enjoy and Work
Pros
Family Gifts
Cons
Maybe for some
Comment – March 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback!
When I was hired, I was promised many things that ended up not being true. I'm now with one of their distributors and feel like I was abandoned at sea without any help in sight. They've forgotten about me not only as an employee, but also as a person. I have never felt so lost at a job and continually have my feelings neglected and keep being told, "we've all had to go through this." I am now struggling with anxiety and possibly depression due to their negligence and lack of understanding as I had to leave behind all my friends and family for this job opportunity in the middle of a pandemic. I highly recommend you look elsewhere for that "great Fortune 500" job you dreamed of getting out of college.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, lying
Comment – March 23, 2021
Your review greatly concerns us. We encourage you to contact your employer, Breakthru Beverage’s, HR Department or Ethics Line. If you would prefer, you can also reach out to me directly. I know it’s been a challenge working through the pandemic. Best Regards, Alison JerdenSr. Director, Human Resources
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Pros - Autonomy within the role. You set your own schedule and don’t have anyone checking in on you 24/7.- Stability. Gallo really values their employees and won’t fire anyone unless you aren’t going into your accounts or are a terrible person.- Clear growth. You have a very clear career path with Gallo where you will usually spend 2 years as a rep then get promoted (assuming you’re a leader and have reached certain metrics) into a district manager or trainer.People. The people at Gallo are great and make work feel like a family. Truly the best part about working here.Cons- Low starting pay. - A lot of hands on “dirty work” (in back rooms carrying cases, moving liquor, stocking shelves etc). They are very up front about this during the interview though.
Comment – March 22, 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. We are so glad you are here!
It was a good place to work. However, upper management generally don't care about you. On my last day non of them called me to even say good bye or conduct exit interviews. I had a chance to speak to HR and gave them my feedback that managers should be trained much better to provide support to their employees. Also, this is kind of a disorganised place: there is no structure in a lot of departments.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Poor training for management
Comment – March 22, 2021
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Work-life balance is very important to Gallo and we will be sharing your review with the Healdsburg leadership team. All the best to you.
Gallo was a great company to work for, easygoing job with flexible hours. Direct management was excellent and upper management was responsive to employee concerns. I would work there again.
Comment – January 8, 2021
Thanks for your review! We hope you consider future opportunities with Gallo. Cheers!
I love working there. It's laid back. I enjoy my time working. Even though it's remote. I learn a lot from my manager. People are nice in general. You can use the company shop for buying cheap wine
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Not really
Comment – December 21, 2020
We are so glad you enjoyed your internship and hope you consider future opportunities with Gallo. Cheers!
Best place I’ve ever worked. Culture at Gallo is head and shoulders above the rest in the industry. The careers are fun and rewarding. Gallo has a great benefits program starting the day you are hired.
Comment – December 21, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It made our day. Cheers to you!
Productive fun working with this company and with people and I learn a lot level 5 always willing to help me every thing that I need to know about the jobs that i do
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
2 times at 15 minutes break 30 minutes lunch at 8 hours shift
Comment – November 16, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy. Keep up the great work!
During this whole covid 19 fiasco this company does not work well with people who have breathing problems. They harass people and they don’t care the amount of stress they put on us workers. Do not work here!
Cons
Every single aspect of the company
Comment – August 24, 2020
The conduct you have described does not align with our corporate values and is greatly concerning. If you would like to confidentially discuss your comments, please contact our third-party, confidential ethics hotline at 855-331-1488 or via ejgallo.ethicspoint.com. Thanks,Susan HensleyVice President, Human Resources
Company was the exact opposite of what they said. Bad manager, crummy pay, micromanagement and high stress. Very disappointed that this company was clearly not what it appeared to be.
Pros
Cons
No training, micromanagers, frustrating and stressful and low pay
its a very family friendly environment Great people to work forGreat work life balance great working conditions Great training to help advancement
Pros
training
Comment – August 9, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all you do for Gallo. Cheers to you!
Overall great company. Enjoyed my time there. I felt accomplished after every shift. They were willing to teach me the job. I enjoyed the people I worked with, was never a dull moment a Gallo.
Pros
Coworkers, pay, benefits
Cons
Seasonal work
Comment – August 9, 2020
Thanks for your feedback and we hope you consider Gallo in the future. Best of luck to you!
Worked there for 3 years and thought I would retire from the company. There is always someone in a company that does less then everyone and acts like he does it all. I was treated unfairly and even at times inappropriate jokes were made about my culture and religious beliefs. I was even injured on the job and made to feel like I was lying about my injuries. Amazing pay and benefits...lots of overtime.
Pay is good , the work is not bad . I just wish they would rotate day to night shift every month instead of every 2 weeks so the body can adjust to sleep.
Comment – June 29, 2020
Thanks for your helpful feedback. We will be passing your review along to our HR and Operations leadership teams. Thanks for all you do!
Un equipo de trabajo competitivo y sano Me gusto mucho trabajar ahí por qué tratan bien a los trabajadores y te dan muchas oportunidades para aprender a hacer cosas nuevas relacionadas con el vino
Comment – June 29, 2020
Muchas gracias por su retroalimentación. Esperemos considere oportunidades futuras con Gallo. Saludos!
My time at Gallo was frustrating and hard. Management offers 0 help, even when asked. Its clear that the management team has had very little training in how to properly manage a team, and they have zero desire to learn. The manner in which I was approached by my superiors, was more often then not, inappropriate, unprofessional and borderline harassing. Although I was successful in my role, I was consistently made to feel unappreciated, ridiculed, scrutinized and targeted. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the members of management seemed to have zero concern for our safety and well being beyond throwing a couple of gloves at us and some sanitizer. If you are looking to excel and grow in a positive work environment, steer clear of E&J Gallo.
Pros
The health benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Management, unrealistic standards, hours, communication
I was very happy to work there the managers are very helpful. As long as you do your job and do it right you can be promoted fairly quick. Fortunately there’s some people that don’t wanna work but want the money that’s with Any job.
Comment – April 14, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best!
they let us listen too music which boosted my motivation and energy too work and the warehouse was very modern which i also liked and the supervisors were very nice and friendly