E. A. Renfroe & Company
Happiness rating is 85 out of 100

E. A. Renfroe & Company Employee Reviews

E. A. Renfroe & Company insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Top notch Cat adjuster company

I would do it again for sure. Catastrophe deployments are a good high paying job. Renfroe is a top notch company. Probably the best company I've ever worked for in my 30+ years in the workforce. The insurance industry is heavily regulated and competitive so it's not a low key relaxed gig. Insurance adjusters assigned to a catastrophe zones are on their own for things like room and board, fuel, food, necessities, equipment. It's a lot at first but if you can get used to long hours working away from home, the money will be there. It can be gratifying to help those in need after a hurricane has struck their neighborhood. E.A.Renfroe was there every step of the way with training, tons of online schooling, seasoned adjusters and mentors to help me navigate the insurance claim business.

Pros

Lots of work during hurricane season

Cons

Lots of work during hurricane season

Disorganized chaos

Was very excited to work there until I started. A LOT of miscommunication, chaos and have you wsiting for the next step. Unclear commununication, changing directions, and managers that do not respond and are disrespectful. They make you feel very dispensable and it just wasn't worth it. I kept print screens to prove it. EA Renfroe is NOT the only game in town!

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Constant miscommunication

Phenomenal Support !

I started with no experience within this industry and this organization provided me with in-depth training opportunities, direct access to managers who are supportive and extremely knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge. The success of each employee is very important to this organization.I have been with this organization for 1 1/2 and have received multiple opportunities from other organizations-sometime with increased benefits and pay; however my loyalties are with this organization because they have demonstrated that my success is as important to them as it is to me!

good company

Good company to work for I have worked several seasonal assignments they always pay on time, good training can work a good amount of time if the work is available

Pros

pay

Cons

Great place for new adjusters

This is very much a self taught industry. Renfroe has a good training system., but you got to put the hours in. Learn from your mistakes and you will do fine. Long, hard hours, but the pay is great. You choose when to work, but if your new, take whatever you can get until you establish a reputation.

Pros

Excellent pay and training

Cons

Long hours and lots of travel, but thats the industry, not the company

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Nature of work

Working catastrophe claims, you never know how long a deployment will last. There are so many moving parts as soon as you learn about one there’s another new piece. Hours are ridiculous, 10 hrs a day, 6 days a week is too much. Two off days together, at least every other weekend is needed. *beautiful headquarters—love the lake and pre-deployment training staff is superb

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Hours, virtual environment makes it hard to learn, never know all the moving pieces

Good people, supportive management

I started my adjusting career with Renfroe as an independent field adjuster. They were very helpful and supportive. Over the years I have worked several different positions with Renfroe. They always seem to have quality management in place to help support and guide you along the way. I highly recommend this company.

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Stressful at times but that is the nature of any adjusting job

Work, Work, Don’t Stop

As an adjuster, expect to work long hours. Especially during catastrophes. Renfroe provides training necessary to get your foot in the door to a lot of assignments. When you get to the assignment, there will be at least one person in leadership ready to help you. The other people in leadership may have little to no experience.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

No Work Life Balance

Work from home availability - satisfying and rewarding.

Satisfies the desire to help people. It is an extremely rewarding to know you can help someone with very specific needs and be a cornerstone in their day. Management is always there and willing to lend a helping hand. Refroe workplace is an all inclusive culture. The hardest part of the job is to make everyone happy and the most enjoyable part of the job is making anyone happy in the course of a day. You cannot go wrong when you are helping make peoples lives whole again.

Pros

You work hard and get compensated for the work you do.

Cons

You have to learn to accomplish all of the task of being boss and employee.

Typical I.A. company with poor management structure.

This is a company that secured a contract with the largest homeowners insurance carrier, years ago, and has managed to build their business on this one particular client. Despite serious deficiencies in their management structure and operational practices, Renfroe has managed to retain this precious contract, and continues to do well financially. They do pay their employees on time, and the owners have always run their business in an ethical fashion.There is nothing that really sets them apart from their competitors with similar contracts. Most employees choose to work there in order to take advantage of the steady, annual volume of work that they can secure from their largest client. The management of the company (home-office and field) are the weak link.In my opinion, Renfroe is devoid of any real goals or purpose, other than to make money. Because of this, company loyalty is low, as well as the morale of it's workforce.

Learned a lot being deployed as a Catastrophe Adjuster

The work was very challenging, but rewarding. EA Renfroe is the first company I worked for as an adjuster. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Pros

Supportive management.

Cons

Being away from family on assignment for over a month, I got lonely.

Not very organized

I was hired in May of 2020. I was currently employed with another company. I asked the recruiter for the official start date so I could give a proper 2 week’s notice. They said okay, then 2 days later I get a text saying I start the upcoming Monday. I was also told that I was getting paid $16.82. But when I get my first paycheck it was for $16.00. Not a huge difference but if you say one thing, people expect it to be just that.

Pros

Wfh, Decent pay

Cons

Micro managing, lack of organization

New adjusters welcome

If you're new to adjusting this is a great place to start. I started out this way 5 years ago. Majority of my work is done with E. A. Renfroe & Company.

Awesome company to work for and essentially helping the community is primarily key to success.

I personally enjoyed the chance to work and seek advice from a wonderful staff,and company. They u treat like family. Learning how to build a good relationship with customers is very important. Great place to work. And a Great company to be a part of socially and financially.

Very good company to work for.

I enjoyed working for E.A. Renfroe and maybe I will return in the future. I enjoyed assisting the customers with their claims and the environment was phenomenal.

Great place to work, friendly supportive staff, Gives you all the tools/assistance needed to be successful. I would be glad to work there again and refer others.

No proper training. They will call you for an assignment then cancel a a day or so after you have paid and made arrangements to travel. No Refunds.

They will deployment you to travel out of State, when you get off the plane you will have a message saying the assignment has been cancelled. The Management that I personally have encountered at the in office job site act as though they don’t are irritated when you need assistance from them, Most of them seem to not even know what they are doing and will give incorrect information.😒😒inaccurate

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Training is RUSHED, No one ones know what they are doing...The Company just uses you as a body for them to make money...

productive work place

Great paying, flexible work load, and willing to properly train all employees, no experience needed great opportunity to learn insurance adjusting in a team environment.

Hard, rewarding work...

This job is a challenge. I learn something almost daily. I was made to do this. When people ask what do I say, "climb roofs and write checks". It is so much more. I'm a people person. I can walk into a home that has suffered a fire, a toilet that overflowed and caused three floors to flood, inspect a roof for wind damage...in doing so? I'm dealing with people that are stressed. Uncertain about the outcome. Worried about their coverage. How long till they get their 'normal' back? I calm them, educate them, put them at ease. I ask questions in a relaxed way but in the back of my mind I'm thinking about possible fraud. I've stood in a woman's dining room looking at the sky and called my manager on the spot with questions she had that I was unsure of. I knew the manger would answer and help me. That's a big deal. Renfroe manager's are brilliant educators. What's nice is that if they don't know the answer? They will call me back with it. I work hard for them - 6 or 7 days a week 12 hour day. I love what I do. I enjoy who I work for. I like that I get to go and help people everyday.

Long hours and long days not for the faint at heart

EA Renfroe is a great company to work for if you do not mind long hours and long days. The management is goal oriented and push you to do your best at all times. The hardest part of the job is sitting for 10-12 hrs a day. The most rewarding part of the job is making the policy holder happy and satisfied.

Work is based on weather

The work was very interested, got a chance to help people who was going through a hard time by paying their home and auto claims as quickly as possible. Got to travel and met new people.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Work based on whether sometimes slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E. A. Renfroe & Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3