E.A. Sween Company Employee Reviews

Awful
Sandwich Apprentice/ Food Production (Former Employee) –  Annandale, MNSeptember 4, 2019
Worst place I’ve ever worked. Shorted on every break. Took meetings out of break time instead of planning meetings accordingly. Continually had to do more than I should have due to being put with people who couldn’t do their job and those were the people which were favored.
Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXAugust 13, 2019
Would I work for them again..no. It was hard to get your job done with all the emails, and phone calls.
HR was great, benefits were awesome, some management not so great. And they would also promote Reps that never did there job as a delivery driver.
Use caution
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 11, 2019
Route deliver driver. Delivering dounuts, sandwiches, bimbo products, 7-11 branded products, and dairy. (Milk, eggs, sour cream, ect) While delivering to 7-11 your at the mercy of the clerks. This is not just a driving job you will only drive about 20 percent of the time. You may work 10-12hrs a day. The biggest issues here are the work atmosphere. Deliveries need to be done within 15 minutes. Ask alot of questions during your interview. Know what your responsible for .. you may not like what they tell you
Use caution...
Love it nice place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 10, 2019
Lovely job nice place good people good management best job to work if I had a vehicle in living the Prairie I will go back and work at 11. I love your parents read very good
Ehh
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 8, 2019
My district manager was honestly incredible. The problem for me was how many hours you would put in on a weekly basis. Commission is almost unattainable and there is zero work/life balance. Have to load your truck after slaving away all day. It’s just not worth it in my book. New stores are added at any moment in time. Not a bad job if you have zero outside life and want to make below average pay.
it is a pretty good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2019
start you at 18.5 and increase to 19 after 90 days, annual bonus. the work is easy,but can become difficult at times. example making the loaders reload your truck cause they load wrong,waiting on a foreman to answer the doors,and waiting long periods for late dispatches. not too bad since you are getting paid for it, most jobs can be done under 8 hrs minus a few routes unless that occurs. overall above average company to work for.
Pros
ira, starting pay is fairly good, and double time if they call you in
Cons
you get paid when you come in, but no consistent start time for working
Productive and fun but yet strict place
Warehouse Picker (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 22, 2019
It’s fun to socialize with coworkers but it’s a very strict workplace. We can play around with each other even the bosses but work comes first in there.
Pros
Paid for lunch breaks, health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
overall, the xompany will go out of its way to take care of you
Route Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 2, 2019
My specific position requires a LOT of travel, but the pay, while could always be more, is fair. the benefits are good enough they cant be denied either.

As long as you have a passion for doing the best you can do, for the sake of doing a good job, this job will be a great fit. in most cases, your supervisor lives several hours from you. so your expectations are, here is the job, here are the parameters, get it done. as long as you can do it, you hear from your supervisor about 1x week.

I recommend this job to those who work best left to their own good judgements
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
no micromanagement
Stressful to the max
Human Resource / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2019
I would get there on time every day and made sure that everything was in order so that when warehouse would come in they wouldn't have to be scrambling around looking for something to do. Operation Manager would come in around 10 am and would just be on Facebook or YouTube all day so I was the only one do all the work making sure we had enough staff for warehouse and drivers for nights.
Cons
30 minutes lunch or two 15 minute breaks
Awesome place to work if you can handle the cold
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 7, 2019
Overtime was excellent pay was decent people were amazing friendly and someone was always willing to help youout. Breaks were decent management was good shift leads are super nice always treated fair here
Pros
Great pay/Overtime
Cons
Cold temp
Very good place to work
RTE Provisioner (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 28, 2019
The working environment is very good. Everyone is very nice. The workers make an effort to work together very well. There is very good music inside of the company. It makes working there very fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great workplace
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 17, 2019
Typical day - set up lines. 3 change overs a day
Great place to work. Learned a lot that has made me a better employee to date.
Management was good
Workplace cutler was good
great place to work
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 17, 2019
great place to work always cared for the well being of the employee.
always was helped when needed help to catch up, grest pay and benefits provided. highly recommend this companhy
Horrible work life balance
Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 13, 2019
You practically live here. There is mandatory over time on your day off. How is that even possible? They are always short drivers because your not allowed anytime for yourself or family. You work nights holidays and weekends. They want you to give them everything you got but when you need them they turn their back on you. I worked every holiday my days off and weekends never said anything. It wasn't enough the faster you work only helps them to push you to go faster. You're constantly being told to finish faster. If you want to be used up and spit out this is the place for you.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No Union, no breaks, at will employment
Definitely a place to work.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Colorado DenverDecember 31, 2018
A place to work and nothing more.

SOME, maybe TWO employees are great to talk with and feel homey and comfortable around. The majority are there to race their way out the door leaving the others hourless unless we come in on our days off. When I first started there was TONS of drama, and I was constantly harassed by both employees and managers. (Except for one.) I stayed because it's the highest paying job I can afford right now, and I dislike retraining in areas from my anxiety. I work two jobs, because the hours are never guaranteed for pickers, even though it's listed in the description that they are guaranteed.
It's a very corrupted place. A manager has a best friend as a lead , with that being said, no matter what the lead does it's our fault.

The job is generally easy, I will give you that, but when the drama and stress kicks in, it takes a serious toll on your life. You can't trust a single person there because you've no idea who they're going to tell what.
Pros
Health benefits, pay, Emt
Cons
Short breaks, constant management and routine changes, management is poor, drama
Fun Place to work with a great culture
HR (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 27, 2018
I enjoy EA Sween this has been one of the best places I have worked, I really enjoy my team and look forward to work everyday! Like any career it has its challenges but I love to be challenged.
Pros
Great company, growing, everyone enjoys there jobs
Cons
Nothing at this time all is good right now, if I had to list something it would be that I wished I lived closer less of a drive
The position was not what it was described as.
R&D Food Tech (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 2, 2018
I knew this job was not what I wanted to do within 3 days. What I thought I would be doing was not the daily work. The work area was not accommodating for someone with a knee injury. The company culture was good and the people there are very nice.
Best job ever
Product mover (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 29, 2018
Worked there for 3 years loved it wish I could have stayed but had to relocate worked in packoff which is the best place. Paid well plus free food miss this place
Pros
Free food
Enjoyed the job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN 55344September 18, 2018
Was hired as a part time merchandiser. Visited Loves Travel Stops mid week from the delivery. Rotated Deli Express sandwich and stocked the coolers. Worked only 10 hrs per week, but made money on the mileage.

November of 2017, the company illuminated the position company wide.
Pros
Fast pased. Excellent manager
Cons
Fun to work at but lack of opportunity
Assembler/Floater (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked around but am currently upset with the supervisors and how they fail to help me when I come to them and extremely unhappy with the lack of opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E.A. Sween Company. Our community is ready to answer.