E.A. Sween Company Employee Reviews

Great work environment.
Product Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LouisianaJune 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with the store employees and my co-workers at EA Sween. I completed every task needed. I was responsible for keeping the coolers clean and well stocked. I helped the Delivery driver offload merchandise and with inventory.
Pros
Meetin with people.
Cons
to far from where I live
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 18, 2018
Now I really liked working at that company the only reason I left is because I move I relocated and there was no way for me to get to that job so I had to leave
Pros
nice people
Cons
too far from where I live
work place culture wanted a deli express sanwich avaiable inevery convenient store
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 26, 2018
A steady place to work only deli delivery route work left in valley to c- stores work place culture again your on your own . a lot of stops required 20 stops per day expected to solicit new programs into existing accounts. most enjoyable part is when you mingled with cuctomers
Pros
could eat off truck
Cons
required 20 stops
fun hard work
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 20, 2018
it was a good place to work, as long as you don't mind hard work. You only have 10 minutes break, and you get 30 minutes lunch break. The work atmosphere is great.
Current employee
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
Bad management don't care about your personal life or family in an emergency all about getting product to store. Driving trucks over weight, expired registration tags, no insurance, headlights out, marker lights out, and several other dot regulations ignored. No fmla allowed even though state requires it.
very busy place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 16, 2018
lot of work, very busy and long hours. lots of customers to take care of. not a lot of support from company, your on your own a lot and dealing with customers is hard at times.
Pros
independent
Cons
customers
Great place to work. No one day is the same.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Ive worked for other big delivery companies and from my personal ecperience this is the best driver delivery job. You stay active all day the benefits are awesome and they promote from within. There is always over time available if you want to make money E.A. Sween Woodridge is the place to make it.
Pros
Plenty of overtime paid holidays and vacation.
Cons
Work nights and weekends at the beginning.
A company governed by a spirit and vision.
Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2018
I spent 3.5 years at Deli Express, some of my best times where at this company. So many wonderful, caring and open minded people are employed here. The level of focus and dedication is some that I haven't seen in my 14 years in the food industry. I learned so much here and developed my people skills beyond my own expectations. This company was a haven for me and it has a special place in my heart. Earl Sween created something special that lasts beyond his own management. They will continue to make a fantastic product and create an atmosphere that allows a friendly and family like setting. I may return one day.
Pros
Free sandwiches while you work, discounted for purchase, great people and community type environment.
Cons
Colder environment(neccessary), little advancement opportunities.
Gone thru 10 drivers in 4 years
driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2018
This company has 3 routes in Phoenix, every route driver this site has had an issue with the site manager but this company seems content to keep this arrogant idiot in place.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work; however, theres always one bad apple (lead driver) that would ruin everything for everyone. He would treat us like we were animals. Talk to us like dogs. No manners what so ever
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No 30 minutes breaks
route sales
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 17, 2018
it was a good company to work for in the beginning but was family owned passed down to family members and the younger ones were greedy and quit caring about employees hired younger to replace older employees
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Don't waste your time
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
You have to work all year with no holidays off
No work life balance
Commission is possible but unlikley
Laid off alot of people with more cuts to come
terrible managment
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 4, 2018
The management all around was the worst ever with in the whole company no one person was on the same page with each other so by the time communication came back around from you to them then to you again it was like spinning your wheels and not going anywhere.
Pros
3 free sandwiches a day
Cons
no actual lunch breaks
So easyyyyy
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 21, 2017
I loved this place. Very mannered staff. Kind and friendly. The work is plain and simple. I'd go back ASAP. My supervisor helped with ease and cared too.
Pros
Free deli express food
Cons
It's a little cold
Horrible place to work
Cdc lead driver (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2017
Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated.
The management team does not care weather you are sick or depressed they still ask you to work. Days on end without days off. They will work you to you break. When you try to step up and ask for help they replace you or make you seem you didn't do your task and fire you.
Decent company
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
This was a decent company to work for. The hours were long and cut into the work life balance at times. Management seemed to be fair. No complaints working here.
Productive and fun. Learned a lot.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 28, 2017
Working at deli express was fast paced and you had to keep up but once you got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad. Wrapping sandwiches on a assembly line was hard to get use to and fast paced so keeping up could be hard but it got easy as you got the hang of it.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Deli Express (EA Sween) location in Austin. Management was great and would always help me out when needed (they didn't sit behind a desk all day; they were out there with us). The hours were typically from 9pm-5am and the routes were easy to navigate. The pay was pretty good and the bennies were good as well.
Pros
Pay was good, Increases each year, They would also have miscellaneous bonuses throughout the year, The night shift supervisor is very knowlegeable.
Cons
They do have some sorry employees who don't help out other drivers, It was hard for management to get rid of thess empoyees because HR was scared of retribution.
pay
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJuly 29, 2017
The job itself I didn't have a problem with. I personally thought for the work that we do they were a little to strict for my taste. For the cold temperature we had to work in I thought we could've gotten paid more.
You are a number
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2017
Start work at 5:30 a.m end at 5:30-7:00 p.m. Then whenever you get home you have to log in on your computer and do safety quizzes that take another hour. Very tiring because it is all about speed. I can understand why there are so many accidents on the road. Management could care less because they aren't even within 100 miles of you. The culture was all about conformity. Don't ever mention how things could be done differently because they will yell at you for that. The only enjoyable part of the job was zoning out to the radio playing in the cab while driving to and from customer accounts.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no time for breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E.A. Sween Company. Our community is ready to answer.