E.L. Haynes Public Charter School Employee Reviews

N/A (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2019
EL Haynes is one of the worst places any person of color can work for. Unfortunately they have a history of treating minorities who are highly qualified horribly who professionally disagree. Friends of Friends moving through management, supervisors marrying each other and treating good staff wrongly if you disagree with their spouse.
Don't work there
Special education department (Former Employee) –  Kansas AvenueJuly 20, 2019
E.L. Haynes promotes itself to be what it is not. Curriculum and policy changes within a school year. They recruit good people, then treat them poorly. Save yourself stress and headache, don't apply.
Great Place for a New Teacher
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2019
I thought that this was a great place to work. The senior staff was very supportive and I had an overall great time working there.The school environment was very supportive of new teachers.
Pros
Supportive Staff
Cons
Long working hours
Great People
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2018
Great people to work with. Wish the people were valued more, and not only the views and opinions of the leaders and board members. Students like their experience for the most part, which is what really counts!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 22, 2017
Overall the teachers I worked with were great. Most of whom no longer work with the organization. However the turn over with administration and teachers, the school culture was a mess.. The children tend to be disrespectful to staff with few to no repercussions. Wasn't the best work experience wasn't the worst prepare to deal with lack of professionalism amongst the staff. The principal the worst to work with. Can’t be trusted.
A great place to work!
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 4, 2017
I love working at Haynes! It is a great place. The people are wonderful and they work very very hard. They care about their teachers as well as their students.
Ops team (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
Passionate employees, great kids and families. Great benefits and operations team. Overall excellent place to work, but work/life balance was always a challenge.
Great Place
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
An Awesome place to work, the management staff were great! Assisting the children, was the best part of my job! The hardest part of my job, was having to say good-bye, to the children.
Excellent Workplace
Educator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2015
E.L. Haynes PCS is a great place to work. This is my first year working there. I am a 7th grade science/math teacher. The administration is very attentive to the staff and students.

I have learned so much as I have been at EL Haynes. Organization, coordination, and collaboration have been wonderful aspects of my time here. I get the opportunities to work alongside some incredible educators. We have a very professional relationship, but we also get the opportunity to personalize our relationships.

My students keep my alive as they are inquisitive, humorous, and studious. I enjoy greeting them in the morning and spending time with them during the day. It's also wonderfully exciting watching them wrestle through problems and concepts.
Pros
Great location
Nice breaks
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  3600 Georgia Avenue NW Washington, DCMay 7, 2015
Pros
intercession breaks are 2 weeks long
it was fun and wonderful experience
Early Development Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2013
it would love to do it again work with children was fun and different .
Its a very productive place to work and we all work together
Educator (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 1, 2012
In elhaynes you are mainly working with kids every day and all day. You sit with them and class and help them when ever they need help for example you might have students who need help in reading or math so I would take them in small groups and help them understand and grasp the concept.Some times I would do the before care and aftercare program which is also nice because you are there for the kids when ever they need you. I have learned how to maintain a class and teach a full class. I have learned how a teacher should aproach a child if they do something wrong. I have learned how to deal with and work with special need children. I have learned how to be a customer service person meaning handling with parents. My co-worker was a nice person to work with we would be able to come up with amazing ideas for the kids and work together to make it a better and funner environment for the kids. The hardest part of the job was the getting up in the morning but it ended up helping me alot helped me be puctual to the job everyday. And the most enjoyable part of the job is beeing there for the kids and just having fun with them and having them trust you whenever they need to talk.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
they dont have good lunch
Great Beginning
Inclusion Substitute Teacher/EDP Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2012
This school is a great way to begin a education a career in Washington, DC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E.L. Haynes Public Charter School. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

E.L. Haynes Public Charter School Reviews by Location