E.L. Hollingsworth

Working at E.L. Hollingsworth: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Great People and Environment - Low Pay

Love the environment and the people I work with. The job is easy and little to no stress. Boss is a great person, not an angry yeller like some bosses in the trucking/warehouse industry. The insurance benefits are horrible, no room to really move up, raises are little and rare. Great "set hours" with weekends off are really nice but if you want to make a little extra and work some OT there is no opportunity to do so.

Excellent employer

Positive employment experience. Am not providing more than already noted.....far too pushy for evaluation....company provided very positive employment experience. Nothing more!!

E.L. Hollingsworth insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Excellent company

Chieftain division of company sold. Other than that, it was a great place to work at. There was excellent work/life balance and the mangers respected you as a person and team member.

Poor Management and Culture

there is literally no room for advancement. the culture there is terrible. they treat their drivers awful. which in turn makes the drivers treat everyone awful back. management is unreasonable. they allow the internal employees to cultivate rumors, disrespects, and bully other employees. i witnessed this on several occasions. they love to create drama. if you stand up for yourself you end up looking bad. so its often a loose loose. further evidence of this would be their very high turnover rate with drivers and dispatchers especially.

unorganized

Good hard working drivers. unorganized admin. Good friendly customers to go to and service.. poor driving equipment. not well maintained.. Dispatch is average

Pros

Good hearted hard working driver coworkers

Cons

poor management..

Typical day

Typical work day is....... You don't get assigned to a perm tractor may have to find a trailer. Almost always slip seat so don't get used to one truck. Always do a pre-trip the driver before you may not have filled the oil, coolant or fuel. Sometime drivers just jump in and go with burnt out lights, mud flaps, etc. If you work for the LTL side they may start you out at $14 hrly and top out at $18. fast paced in my opion.

Poor management and dispatch

Dispatch didn't seem to care about drivers and loads were often pushed upon us whether you wanted it or not. Often ran over hours and was kept away from home so I couldn't take time off with my kids. When I did make it home it was late on Friday nights or most often on Saturday mornings and then was turned around and sent back out on Sunday's.

Pros

Hmmm ?

Cons

Kept away from home, average pay and benefits, forced loads

One of the most negative workplaces I've ever experienced.

If you enjoy a very catty "us vs them" sort of attitude between departments, this is a great place to work. Very much an "old boys club". If you want to get ahead, be prepared to spend your time with your lips glued to management;s backside. Truly, good quality work isn't what is important there. Male dispatchers are frequently paid WAY more than female dispatchers even if the female dispatcher is equal or superior to them in skill and reliability. They have a habit of getting rid of employees who experience medical issues.

Cons

Severe lack of ethics

Horrible. Take the job if you need one.

Managers are the only ones who will say the company is good. But you wont interview with the employees. LOL. Poor management. Lack of respect for family life. Old dogs, old way of doing things. The executives are clueless. But have nice salaries, so they don't care about the lower employee. Massive corporate violations. Swept under the rug is a common practice. Only take a job there to bridge the gap to another job. Everything is old. Buildings, PC's, phones, etc CFO is clueless and lacks respect. President is never there, but expects you to be. Lead by example is NOT a common practice.

Pros

Free popcorn

Cons

Managers. Building are old. Tech is old. Lack of respect

Hostile Work Environment

Company provides benefits, but you pay very large percentile. Employee review don't exist here, raises distributed unevenly if at all. This company functions on thug mentality that is totally inappropriate and ineffectual. It runs 7 days a week 24 hours a day 364 days a year and often short staffed. The work environment is hostile and abusive with little to no involvement from management.

Pros

Partial Insurance

Cons

Hostile Work Environment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at E.L. Hollingsworth?

good opportunity to learn

for not knowing a lot about the job in the beginning I sure did learn a lot about the business I left feeling confident in what I know and can confidently contribute to my future positions.

Pros

good hours

Cons

hard to get a lunch

Cheap

Picked up auto parts in Toledo and delivered them to the Fort Wayne. Management only cared about the job getting done and not the driver which without the driver there would be no company! Co-workers were great. The hardest part about the job was getting to the yard and having to go through 5 trucks to find a safe roadworthy truck.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for!

A Place to Work

I am still new to the company and am unsure how I feel about it. There is a lot of tension between some dispatchers; however, you can just let it roll off your back and move along.

Driver

Transporting material from one supplier to another safely and under the regulated laws.

Excellent Company

I really enjoy the people I work with and the ease of the lanes. I enjoy my home time with my family and the pay. I am truly happy to be a part of this team.

Pros

The People, and the pay.

enough work

gone too long not organized too many chiefs not enough workers

Pros

check was on time

Cons

not enough workers too many people wanting to play boss

It Was Alright

It was alright until they put you on many different dispatches boards that's doing many other crazy loads. The equipment had a break out of bed bugs in the tractors an also the mechanics was racist an did not like to help me out. Basically I just did my job an went home an that was the best part! Also only starts of with .30 cpm very low rate.

Pros

Dedicated Runs

Cons

Horrible Equipment With Bed Bugs!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E.L. Hollingsworth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about E.L. Hollingsworth in popular locations

• E.L. Hollingsworth
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?