OK if you can't think laterally and have narrow field of vision
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) – Bedford – October 25, 2017
I only learnt what was applicable to EON, it couldn't be taken elsewhere.
Typical day was doing the same task over and over again, to a target while being micromanaged by the milisecond.
Only place I've worked in my 30 years experience where:
- You can get into trouble with colleagues for working too hard , as it raises everyone's target
- there are gold , silver and bronze stars on a chart for pressing the right button on the phone at the right time
- 'adherence' and 'compliance' are words that are vital
- the culture among certain parts of the workforce veers between primary school and lord of the flies
- you can be told 'we don't like you because you think you're better than us just because you have an education'...on your first day in the team
Only for first jobbers/people with no self discipline or work ethic.
shame, as there are some very decent people there, but they tend to keep their heads down to avoid being targeted, just as I eventually did.
But - if I hadn't been their target, I'd never have found the great job I have now!
Free tea/coffee, normal working hours
por employee culture, management looking the other way, tawdry ethics.