EMC Insurance Employee Reviews

The company and fellow coworkers were some of the best.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 30, 2019
EMC is a wonderful company with great benefits. I would consider it to be the best insurance company around. The job responsibilities were varied so being bored was not an option!
Great Company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 12, 2019
This is one of the best companies I have worked for. So flexible and they care about all the team members. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for a new job.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Flexible
A Great Company
Senior Claims Rep./Supervisor/Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 11, 2019
As a Manager within the corporate structure, I was given flexibility and latitude to do my assigned duties and to adhere to not only the needs of the employees under my management, but more importantly the needs of our Clients.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Really have no cons
Commercial Rater (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 30, 2018
I truly enjoyed each of the jobs I worked at here. The growth, the training, the opportunities were there for those that wanted them. The building was very attractive and right off the river downtown making lunch and breaks super nice. Cafeteria in the basement with decent prices.
Pros
Terrific people
Cons
Can't think of any
Wonderful Company with unlimited growth potential
Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 4, 2018
EMC has a fantastic work environment but if you don't have a motivated work attitude or ethis then this is not the coany for you. I haven't ever worked for a more fair employer. The management is truly wonderful and supportive. It is a demanding career field but you are well compensated for your efforts.
Pros
Unlimited career growth potential
Bored out of my mind
Newspaper Reader (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 13, 2018
I have no idea why I was hired. The amount of work I was given everyday took me about 20 mins to get done. The other 7 1/2 hours I just sat in a cubical reading a book/newspaper.
I was never given any projects to work on like some of my female coworkers were, and I was told a couple of times its because men screw everything up.
Pros
Great Benefits, Free Parking, Free Gym
Cons
No advancement
Work enivroment
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 30, 2018
Great place to work. Never know what to expect going into the day, everyone is super nice to work with. You leave with a smile everyday. Never a dull moment you are always laughing
Eliminated entire insurance line 6 weeks after hiring
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  des moonOctober 29, 2018
Been there six weeks and today they announced they are eliminating their personal lines division and they didn't need 122 personal line jobs anymore. I'm pretty sure they knew this 6 weeks ago so not sure why they pulled me from an unstable company which is why I was leaving just to have this happen after 6 weeks.
Good
Application Developer 1 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 12, 2018
EMC although using an outdated programming language is working towards more modern (c#/.net, agile) methods to move their company forward and overall was a good place to work.
so far it has been great
STATISTICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 6, 2018
I have not been at EMC long. so far it has been a great place to work. The training has been much less than I expected. They need to implement a more formal training program to help employees be successful.
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work, always learning, with many great changes. Always a busy office. Friendly atmosphere and great place to retire. Great opportunity for growth with company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough time to get to know fellow employees
Enjoyed working with the employees
Mail and File Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 16, 2018
Enjoyed working in the mail and file room for this auto insurance company. Learned about deductibles and premiums for vehicles. Completed a insurance course by attending classes one night a week for 6 weeks.
Pros
I liked to work hours.
Help Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2018
Honestly, I'm not super happy about the job that I landed in. The job title that was posted oddly truthful and misleading at the same time. However, I do appreciate the company, and my supervisor is amazing, the amount of time off is ridiculous -- in a good way.
Comfortable Environment
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 21, 2018
Learned a great deal about large building maintenance and management. The physical aspects of the job were the most challenging. There was a great deal of variety on the job which was refreshing.
EMC Insurance Company
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2018
EMC Insurance, its well know company to work for. The benefits are ok and the staff itself work as a team.
I did enjoy the time i was there and it was very educational.
Emc
File Clerk / Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 15, 2018
EMC insurance was a great place to work. Small company in Blue Ash, Ohio. Formally located in Cincinnati. Started out opening mail and advanced to processing claims.
Great benefits but nothing much else
Business Process Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 22, 2018
Besides the great benefits, EMC isn't a place that makes it easy for their employees to move up. Also, raises don't amount to much. Would take me 10 or more years to hit my max pay.
Laid back friendly work environment
Commercial Lines Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work. Minimal stress. Work together and have a positive attitude. Coworkers and management maintain a good attitude and its a comfortable work environment with good technology and constant improvement of the product, services and work environment.
Friendly place to work
Intern-Actuary (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 1, 2018
I was always encouraged to ask questions and was able to have them answered. Each intern had a mentor that was always available to answer questions. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.
Ok place to work
Claims Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 11, 2018
overall good place to work. Reviews were timely and communication was open. like anyplace, there are challenges. I liked my job and felt like part of a team.