ESL Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work, Fun Exciting, Great training
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2019
I absolutely loved my job! It truly is a Great work place. Management is great with coaching and promoting within the company. Employees are able to do eye visits to different departments that interest them.
Pros
Annual Party!
Cons
Branch only allows one break
For a goal oriented person this is a good job
Consumer Loan Underwriter/Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 3, 2019
This job seems like a life time ago, even though I worked there for nine and a half year. ESL paid for a majority of my degree and worked around the nights I needed to attend school. At the time, I felt as if I had reached my full value and prefer to be more customer related to the internal and external.
nice people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2019
it wasint a bad job to have I mean some of the people were really nice but you had a lot of people who carried very pretentious attitudes but over all it was not a bad job to have and I wouldn't mind doing it again.
Great place to work, excellent advancement opportunities
Head Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYJanuary 14, 2019
ESL offers excellent training opportunities to assist employees with advancement opportunities. Customer service is extremely important and customers are ESL’s first priority, customers love banking at ESL.
Great place to start a career
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Great company with an employee friendly culture. The benefits are fantastic and there is a lot room for advancement. Employee perks are a plus as well
A great place to work
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 8, 2018
ESL always wins annual awards for one of the best workplaces in Rochester, where there voters are employees at their respective companies. They are a great place to work. Corporate is located in Rochester - a huge plus for advancement. I was only there for 10 months and as a teller, and I loved all of my colleagues and thought highly of management. The training and coaching program are very strong. I only have two real complains: (1) Working in a branch, it may be tough to secure 40 hours of work. Systematically you typically begin at 28 hours and only gain hours as there is attrition in the branch. I was only able to secure 32 hours after 10 months. (2) Advancement seems very seniority-based. I applied for a full time position in the corporate office, and after two rounds of interviews, I was told by the department manager that although very qualified for the position, the two hires were people also qualified, but whom have worked for ESL for 10 and 8 years. I tend to be an employee that likes to work faster and advance quicker than though a system that prioritizes time very heavily.
its banking only better
Senior Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYAugust 2, 2018
Fun place to work with a gym. The culture is that even the CEO knows everyone name. Yearly Bonus, and a Christmas party every
year. Free sheltered parking,
Is a great place to work
Teller II Spanish Biligual (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2018
Very friendly , everyone very nice and always saying good morning to eac others , great benefits we help our community , always listen to our customers feedback and our employees as well.
great place to work
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2018
I enjoyed the years that I worked at esl. I will take all that I learned with me.
I worked in a fast paced call center. I learned to multi task to take care of many customers issues at once.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Hunger games
Teller and Telebanker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I would compare headquarters and all of the people there to the Capital in Hunger Games the movie. All of the branches are treated like districts. For every position that is posted 20+ people apply. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Teller was good starter job.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Learned a great deal during college while working as a teller. Developed skills dealing with people as well as professionally in a highly regulated environment.
Great place to work!
MSR (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYSeptember 24, 2017
ESL is a great place to work! Pay is good, benefits are great, your customers and coworkers are fun to be around. They have the best corporate culture of any employer I have worked for and invest in there employees. There is not a lot of opportunity to move up with the company because people just don't leave their positions unless they are retiring.
Pros
Holiday Party
Cons
Career Advancement
Fun place to work
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 16, 2017
Working in the company is like a home with very capable management and helpful and experienced coworkers. Flexible time and opportunities to grow with necessary tools for efficient workflow available to all employee.
great knowledge learned
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at ESL FCU! The training was demanding but good the culture was good. The hardest part of the job was the aggressive sales goals monthly. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers conveniently by phone & really getting to know their banking needs as an individual customer.
Pros
benefits & helping people
Cons
sales goals
Energetic and Positive place to work
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYMarch 15, 2017
Team building
Team encouragement
Room to grow
Sales training
Opportunities to learn new tasks within the branch
Cash handling
Member interactions
Positive and fun place to work
A lot of great people to work with
Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I worked closely with many different areas within ESL and there were a lot of people that were always friendly and hard workers.
Pros
ESL had a lot of surveys for their employees to provide feedback
Cons
Employee accounts available for staff to view
A decent place to work
Senior Data Architect/DBA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2016
The culture at ESL is very difficult to become a part of. Management does not document expectations. Good learning environment. very good and friendly peers,
Great Place to Work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2016
Great company to work for. They provide great benefits that start right away. With the exception of having to work most Saturdays there isn't much else to dislike.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Work Saturdays
Not a bad place to work for some but not a "great place to work" for others
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 2, 2016
My co-workers were nice, hardworking/overworked people for the most part. Many long-term employees in some positions (25+ year tenure not uncommon) but high turnover in others.
Pros
New building, very pleasant surroundings, free downtown parking. Decent compensation, annual profit sharing/bonus to all employees. Many social/company events for employee involvement.
Cons
A know-your-role culture for Executive Assistants, EAs are not members of the team they support, EAs are categorized as a 'service' reporting to a manager of facility services, Treated as 'service' both outwardly and clandestinely, Expectation that EA be submissive and happy to be so
Looks good from the outside
Back Office (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Benefits and pay are good. Management is lackluster at best. Promotions given to unqualified people who brown noes the right Sr. Management. Buyer beware, things are not always what they seem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESL Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

ESL Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location