EA Engineering Science and Technology Employee Reviews

review
Chemist II (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 18, 2018
small company culture, opportunity to network within offices in north america. My manager was nice, however promoted from within and felt entitled to look after those with longer tenure.
EA Engineering was not a pleasant experience
Engineer (for environmental projects) (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 19, 2017
EA Engineering seemed to be a good company that did good work. However, I had a personality conflict with my manager and some co-workers which made working there a miserable experience for all of us. I was young and inexperienced not realizing that I should have just left after realizing I was a poor fit. The experience taught me not to settle for just any job and to understand what I seek in a workplace.
Fantastic place to work and advance
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2017
As the first company I joined after college, I can easily say that each day working for EA has allowed me to advance and grow as a professional faster than I anticipated. From day one I was offered opportunities to work on a variety of large and small scale projects ranging from nuclear power plant planning and permitting to culvert design. Along the way I have been exposed to the multiple facets of consulting including advancing my technical expertise, as well as client and project management. Additionally, the company offers many opportunities to support internal corporate growth and advancement through participation on committees, attending conferences, and furthering marketing and business development outside of the standard channels. EA counters the intensity of its professional atmosphere by promoting a healthy, work-life balance offering benefits such as subsidized gym membership, hosting/organizing happy hours, and attempting to enstill a united, team culture. In doing so, however, some of their efforts fall flat and sometimes make the job harder. Specifically, although there exists a team atmosphere, resources are not always leveraged most appropriately nationwide that would incorporate employees from other offices into work being performed at another office. Even so, the environment and culture to provide the highest quality technical and managerial service to clients across multiple disciplines is, in my opinion, the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Mentorship, challenge, variety of opportunities
Cons
Pay not commensurate with level of responsibility
It's Okay
Biological Technician II - Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
They care about getting the work done, but not about your development as an employee. Will pay you well and pay you overtime and give you good benefits and a good amount of PTO time. However you will not advance at this place. They will tell you that you will just to keep you working.
Pros
Pto, insurance, 401k
Cons
long hours, out of town
Contact Work makes for poor security
Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 19, 2016
I have little interaction with my actual employer. This limits opportunities for advancement and airing grievances.
Good company but involves A LOT of travel for low-level engineers and scientists
Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pay is on the low side. Perks; flexible schedule when you are not traveling, some PMs are pretty laid back. Bottom line; too much travel! Better be single with no kids. it can be hard trying to balance your life.
Nation wide company with less than 500 employees around the country
Project Scientist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2013
Great company structure and many oportunities to grow and expand your talents and experience. Excellent managment structure and work/life balance.