Eagle Express Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Job, Bad Company
Miscellaneous (Current Employee) –  AnywhereNovember 9, 2018
It is hard to understand how a company that treats employees so poorly attracts such great people. Eagle lacks overall leadership and direction which shows in their extremely high turnover from both drivers and internal staff that proves it is a dysfunctional working environment. Managers and employees make up two separate groups that rarely interact. When they do, it's a one-way communication in which the manager tells the underlying what to do. Weak communication where employees are not given the chance to share their thoughts. You might be doing a great job at Eagle, but you'll end up feeling unsure and irritated because your management hasn't (and won't) tell you. Anyone with an important job title is locked away in their office with no interaction on the working floor. Unfortunately due to the broken culture and office politics, everything is harder. If you want to feel overworked and undervalued then Eagle might be the right place for you.
Cons
Major Politics, Upper management is filled with B players who think they are A players, but probably are all related so who cares, right?
Fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILOctober 26, 2018
Home every night dedicated route 10 paid holidays drive new equipment automatic trucks Volvo class A CDL license clean MVR no DUIs no drug conviction at least 18 months driving
Pros
Dedicated route
Cons
Inexperienced driver manager
Not a bad job...
Mail Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILOctober 25, 2018
Working at Eagle you have to hand unload bulk mail to local post offices it is a little strenuous at times but everything is on casters or pallets and you're always unloading on docks, Most runs are 6 days a week. It is steady work, you get all the postal holidays off if you choose. The insurance is a little high but a lot cheaper than it used to be with the new owner who has done very good things for the company and the pay is well above average. The management is decent but some managers and other drivers you have to watch out for they will stab you in the back to advance their own agenda, but that's any job you go to and it depends on what shift you work or what facility you work out of. Overall it is a pretty decent job with a steady paycheck. If you don't mind working 6 days a week I would recommend working here.
Pros
Pay, vacation, holidays
Cons
6 day work week...
The Job Is What YOU Make It
Pt Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2018
I currently work pt time out of one of the Chicago area post offices. As a pt time (Driver) employee you can work as much, or as little as you want. (Xmas time is different- the PO is busy and you are expected to pull xtra hrs- that’s understood) But over all the work is very easy, the people are decent, pay for pt time is great - almost $30/hr. (No OT pay however) But bonuses are given out every Xmas.
Full time employees almost always work 6 days wk which is tough, and you can get burned out.
The equipment is....ok. Nothing is ever new, but it’s decent (Mack, Volvo) One thing I’m not crazy about is the movement to automatic transmission and away from manual.
Is it a perfect job? No, (nothing is ever perfect) but it’s a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
Very EZ job for the pay. Decent people & mgmt.
Cons
No OT pay. FT drivers work 6 days week
Good job, but once again, it was six days a week.
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2018
I worked for Eagle Express for approximately 3 years. Because of a medical issue, I wasn't able to continue. My health is excellent now and I am ready to work!
Pros
Good pay, atmosphere was friendly
Cons
Working Saturdays
I sure did try
Office (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAOctober 4, 2018
No matter how hard you work it’s never good enough. One person is expected to perform what it should take 3 or 4 people to do. Management will turn on you in the blink of an eye. Like litterally a blink. Smiling at you one minute, and planning your exit (right under your nose) the next. I was at first disappointed in myself, thinking I failed. But after how my exit played out, the only thing I am disappointed in is allowing myself to be used for the time I did. I am a good person... a very hard worker... dedicated in everything I do in life. I go all in, or I don’t go at all. Even at the end knowing I was getting ready to be taken for a fool, I can look back and know I did all I could do with no regrets.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hour and Days
Cons
Flexibility for family, work load
good fast pace and place to work at
2, TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILSeptember 3, 2018
its an easy going fast paces job, flexible easy once you learn working out there the nights i cant keep up with im a day person need rest at night, ,,
Pros
easy going
Cons
nights, i rather do days
I do not recommend this company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 10, 2018
I do not recommend this company. Management isn't honest, hours are scattered, winter is super busy and you are required to work extremely long hours, they do not pay overtime.
Clueless in Chicago
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2018
You give everything, get nothing in return. Spineless management,at all levels.pals family is and are a joke. Same with hoovestol. I've said it all. They wanted me to start over with seniority at sister company. After they ended my run. Then I file unemployment and they want to fight it. They lost every stage of the appeal process. I never have been treated so badly by a company.
nice place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJune 10, 2018
Having to work with the post office makes for a stressful day. no room for advancement. no on site mechanics. not the best equipment offered. very hard to reach management working nights
Over all decent company with a bad culture/atmosphere
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILMay 10, 2018
The have spent the last 5 months getting rid of several departments completely and putting all of their collective tasks on the fleet managers; and when I left, had still not brought in their planned "bonus program". Plenty of good things about Eagle; most of the people are great, they give you an hour for lunch and have frequent office parties and such. But the overall atmosphere isn't conducive to the work environment. Ask anyone who works there, its as if the management is eagle eyeing everyone (no pun intended) constantly trying to find a reason to get them in trouble or fired. Which unfortunately make for a very uneasy feeling throughout the office and definitely effects the job.
Stay away
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 9, 2018
Rather if you are a driver or fleet manager the upper management will not hear anyone opinions. Everyone is micromanage and not provided the essential tools to perform their job. The trucks run terribly and the fleet manager has the hardest trying to get fixed due to the micromanaging. Not paying a driver to wait for their relay driver is just ridicules when its built into the contract.

As a fleet manager you will receive calls after hours from either dispatch or your driver due to a break down or call-off. And guess what, you don't get paid for it. Not to mention, if your driver calls off (after-hours) it is your responsibility to find a replacement. Sure dispatch will help (maybe) but you will be up all night until you do or in the office before day. Oh, and you still don't get paid for your efforts.

The office atmosphere is also stressful. You will have certain managers assist as much as they can, but others will hold a driver knowing they have the hours to cover your route for help. The upper management is group up, take your ideas, and put you on the bus to save their behind and just plain treat you like terrible.

My best suggestion is to stay away
terrible upper management
turtle (Current Employee) –  illinoisApril 29, 2018
South Holland maintenance department upper management is clueless.They have never driven a truck or turned a wrench. How can make an intelligent decision about something you have no knowledge about? If you have a problem there is no recourse. Management can't understand something they have never experienced. H.R. department seems to side with management rather than an employee they have never met, and is just a number in their computer.
Pros
easy work if management doesn't get involved
Cons
poor choice of tractors and trailers for post office work
Great Place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
the ONLY reason im considering leaving is because life happened and i need to be home nights. if i could get a different shift at this company i would take it. im just not high enough on the totem pole to secure a bid for a better shift before i have to go.
Pros
easy work
Cons
shifts/routes available
Excellent long term
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILApril 12, 2018
Great job security and work environment. Management is understanding and cooperative with time off, for any reason. No road calls and you're not on-call for nights or weekends. Once you punch out, you are done for the day. Newer equipment makes the job easier.
incompetent management
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
Horribly managed company. It's surprising the postal service didn't drop them a long time ago. Owner doesn't know what he's doing and it trickles down. Pathetic lack of communication at all levels.
Pros
pay could be worse
Cons
circus atmosphere
Terrible management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 25, 2018
Dealing with management is harder than the work itself. HR Dept is no help at all. Maintenance department has issues in management . Same management making the same bad decisions for over 15 years .
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Management, workload, personal time
Worst Company to Work For
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 21, 2018
The big reason Eagle Express Lines doesn't pay is you drivers that stay there working for slave wages. They are not going to pay as long as they can keep getting and keep drivers that work for slave wages. You pay for benefits up 40 hours out of the week. It amounts to over 800.00 a month. Your paying for theirs also. Keep up the good job.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Too numerous to list
fast pace
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 20, 2018
working in a fast pace environment, there is always something to do, keeps you busy and give you a feeling of appreciation for the work you put and a sense of acceptance.
excellent pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Excellent job, excellent pay

don't come here if you are not willing to work

Health insurance rate a little steep

I love this job. just hate my route right now!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eagle Express Lines, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about