Eagle Express Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews

I do not recommend this company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 10, 2018
I do not recommend this company. Management isn't honest, hours are scattered, winter is super busy and you are required to work extremely long hours, they do not pay overtime.
Clueless in Chicago
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2018
You give everything, get nothing in return. Spineless management,at all levels.pals family is and are a joke. Same with hoovestol. I've said it all. They wanted me to start over with seniority at sister company. After they ended my run. Then I file unemployment and they want to fight it. They lost every stage of the appeal process. I never have been treated so badly by a company.
Cons
Over all decent company with a bad culture/atmosphere
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILMay 10, 2018
The have spent the last 5 months getting rid of several departments completely and putting all of their collective tasks on the fleet managers; and when I left, had still not brought in their planned "bonus program". Plenty of good things about Eagle; most of the people are great, they give you an hour for lunch and have frequent office parties and such. But the overall atmosphere isn't conducive to the work environment. Ask anyone who works there, its as if the management is eagle eyeing everyone (no pun intended) constantly trying to find a reason to get them in trouble or fired. Which unfortunately make for a very uneasy feeling throughout the office and definitely effects the job.
Stay away
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 9, 2018
Rather if you are a driver or fleet manager the upper management will not hear anyone opinions. Everyone is micromanage and not provided the essential tools to perform their job. The trucks run terribly and the fleet manager has the hardest trying to get fixed due to the micromanaging. Not paying a driver to wait for their relay driver is just ridicules when its built into the contract.

As a fleet manager you will receive calls after hours from either dispatch or your driver due to a break down or call-off. And guess what, you don't get paid for it. Not to mention, if your driver calls off (after-hours) it is your responsibility to find a replacement. Sure dispatch will help (maybe) but you will be up all night until you do or in the office before day. Oh, and you still don't get paid for your efforts.

The office atmosphere is also stressful. You will have certain managers assist as much as they can, but others will hold a driver knowing they have the hours to cover your route for help. The upper management is group up, take your ideas, and put you on the bus to save their behind and just plain treat you like terrible.

My best suggestion is to stay away
terrible upper management
turtle (Current Employee) –  illinoisApril 29, 2018
South Holland maintenance department upper management is clueless.They have never driven a truck or turned a wrench. How can make an intelligent decision about something you have no knowledge about? If you have a problem there is no recourse. Management can't understand something they have never experienced. H.R. department seems to side with management rather than an employee they have never met, and is just a number in their computer.
Pros
easy work if management doesn't get involved
Cons
poor choice of tractors and trailers for post office work
Great Place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
the ONLY reason im considering leaving is because life happened and i need to be home nights. if i could get a different shift at this company i would take it. im just not high enough on the totem pole to secure a bid for a better shift before i have to go.
Pros
easy work
Cons
shifts/routes available
Excellent long term
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILApril 12, 2018
Great job security and work environment. Management is understanding and cooperative with time off, for any reason. No road calls and you're not on-call for nights or weekends. Once you punch out, you are done for the day. Newer equipment makes the job easier.
incompetent management
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
Horribly managed company. It's surprising the postal service didn't drop them a long time ago. Owner doesn't know what he's doing and it trickles down. Pathetic lack of communication at all levels.
Pros
pay could be worse
Cons
circus atmosphere
Terrible management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 25, 2018
Dealing with management is harder than the work itself. HR Dept is no help at all. Maintenance department has issues in management . Same management making the same bad decisions for over 15 years .
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Management, workload, personal time
Worst Company to Work For
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 21, 2018
The big reason Eagle Express Lines doesn't pay is you drivers that stay there working for slave wages. They are not going to pay as long as they can keep getting and keep drivers that work for slave wages. You pay for benefits up 40 hours out of the week. It amounts to over 800.00 a month. Your paying for theirs also. Keep up the good job.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Too numerous to list
fast pace
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 20, 2018
working in a fast pace environment, there is always something to do, keeps you busy and give you a feeling of appreciation for the work you put and a sense of acceptance.
excellent pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Excellent job, excellent pay

don't come here if you are not willing to work

Health insurance rate a little steep

I love this job. just hate my route right now!
Great Employment Experience
CDL Driver/Bulk Mail Handler - ORD (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 14, 2018
Really Enjoyed working for Eagle Express Lines. I developed lots of friendships while there and I was compensated well for the work that I did. Fair people to work for. The hardest part was when I no longer could work for them.
Pros
Very enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Horrible upper management
current employee (Current Employee) –  Mt. Crawford, VAJanuary 31, 2018
There is nothing good to say about the upper management in this company. They took over our company then decide to tear apart an already good running company that has gotten so bad the contracts are being threatened and in some areas only the drivers who have been here for years are holding the contracts in place due to their status with the customer and the contract facility not being notified based on the drivers alone.

upper management is horrible, the upper management in the Mt Crawford office
makes fun of the office staff for having a southern drawl (very unprofessional) and acts like the drivers are trash. They force unwanted drivers into positions where a better driver was on standby.

The office staff as well as all the drivers cant stand the upper management and the lack of experience and poor decision making has taken a great running company with very happy loyal and dedicated drivers and broke everyone's will and desire to wanna work and progress the company ahead.

There are very knowledgeable employees in the Mt Crawford branch and yet our opinions are not heard or respected even know we have been doing our jobs with great success for many years. The drivers are have no say in anything that goes on here at all even though some drivers in certain states know their contracts better than the management team in the office.

The stress level has drastically increased and most management personnel are in positions they are not qualified to be in ( its all on who you know). It does help to be in the upper management position of an office solely based on your
  more... personal ties to the company, The upper management in Mt Crawford is very arrogant, self centered and thinks they know more than they actually do. The lack of knowledge and experience clearly shows through the decisions that are made on a daily basis. allowing certain key function to be ignored while focusing on tasks that could wait due to operational importance.

There is a severe lack of communication within the office not to mention between the office and drivers. The possibility for advancement and growth in the company is non existent and the care for the job doesn't exist just the profits. Tools the drivers need to perform their duties are not given, example not every state excepts EZ pass yet the drivers are not given what is excepted in that state to take roads necessary to perform the job in a timely manner even though other divisions of the same company has them. so certain drivers are expected to go long ways on the busiest roads where others drivers from the same company running out of the same facilities are given the proper passes to go the faster easiest route when needed to stay as close to schedule as possible.

When issues are brought to the attention of upper management and critical issues they are ignored and brushed off until it becomes a bigger problem. If it were not for some drivers in some states knowing these runs better than upper management and willing to do what is needed to keep the customer happy things would be much much worse than they currently are. There are great employees here both in the office and on the road who were very dedicated and loyal to our former company Beam Bros and would go above and beyond for them due to how they interacted with their employees and acknowledge their hard work and efforts.
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else
Good People
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Was a great place to work overall, unfortunately they hired 3 of us and let us go in 4-5 months to go to an automated payroll system. Was a shock to lose this job that I was hoping to finish my career at and eventually move from payroll to possibly accounting or another department. Never had the chance.
Pros
Immediate supervisors who care
Cons
Upper management who doesn’t care
Florida driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 23, 2018
I have hauled mail since 1990. Formerly drove for Mail Contractor's of America and then Pat Salmon & Sons after they bought MCA. All of the postal contractors pay hourly as set by USPS, so no company offers pay advantages over another.
My advice is STAY AWAY from Eagle Express Lines! Management communication is non-existent. Even the simplest driver questions go unanswered, if you are even able to contact a manager. Absolutely the worst managed company in the business. The company would never get any routes completed if the drivers did not do management's job for them. The way the company is being mismanaged, they will not be in business much longer.
Pros
Cons
Poor or no Management
Supporting employees are hardly equipped with the knowledge and tools in order to be successful
Full Time Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 20, 2018
The only good thing they have going for them is the pay they offer, it’s better than most companies around. Besides that, as a driver you don’t feel like you are part of the company, instead you have the feeling that you are disposable at any time. For major changes, they do not include driver’s opinions at all. Fleet managers are either poorly trained or not given the essential information in order to be successful at their jobs to support drivers. The after hours dispatch is by far the most unknowledgeable team I have dealt with, they seem to not be trained well, they are rude and most of the times they will hang up on drivers if they are not able to help.
Pros
Paid is well above the average, hands off management can be nice at times.
Cons
After hours dispatch is by far the most incompetent people to deal with, fleet managers don't know the most simple information they should know in order to help drivers, they do not communicate well.
great place to work without much stress
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homewood, IL 60430January 13, 2018
the overall experience working at Eagle Express Lines was great. the position wasn't stressful, coworkers were great and overall not a bad place to work. Unfortunately they decided they no longer needed a payroll department and are going automated, so my services will no longer be needed.
It's a good company to work for.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 7, 2017
It's an ok company to work for but they need to be more organized.
The most important thing that I dislike is when I send in my hours that I worked and they have it wrong.
no comment
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 12, 2017
you dont want to work here becuase bad communication between drivers and management. Route managers are bias. Benefits are very costly if you choose them.
Pros
job
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eagle Express Lines, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.