Eagle Quest Employee Reviews

Perfect starter job NOT LONG TERM
Therapist Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2018
This place's culture and approach is perfect for a freshly graduated student. There is hardly training available because the focus in on MORE MORE MORE not on helping people to get better at their positions. It is challenging work but a good place to grow professionally.
Pros
Staff are fun and young.
Cons
No long term incentive to be there (no 401k, terrible insurance etc)
Amazing work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2018
Eagle Quest is a rewarding place to work, and great environment to work in. Eagle Quest provides many opportunities and treat employees fairly. Eagle Quest is fast pace, and always looking in the best interest in the community.
Great place to learn
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2017
It is a quick pace job, you must be able to problem solve and have people skills. The position is not only desk work but it is a lot of field work, you provide rehabilitative services and work closely with the client's service providers. Lots of outside communication, child advocacy, and paperwork.
Pros
flexible work schedule and you get to work directly with the children and advocate for them
Cons
healthcare, compensation, and at times work long hours
Rewarding and challenging working with children and families
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2016
A typical days work would be in my home caring, teaching and making sure the foster children and my own children's needs were met. Taking the children to have visits with biological family members, doctor visits, therapy visits, having school meeting for behavior plans or IEP's. Being a support for the children and families and having management and co workers as a support for myself and my family. The hardest part about this job was the attachment that grew between myself and the children and then the children being reunified with their biological parents. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make a difference in some of these childrens life.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no down time for myself and behaviors could be draining for everyone in the home
Productive place that helps grow you in your passion of working with youth
Resident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2016
Great overall place to work good pay & always support from management when you need directions or training for the position. Very professional
Not impressive
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVNovember 16, 2016
The physical location was a nice office but it was disorganized. There was not a lot of support for the employees available and it affected how counselors dealt with clients.
Pros
Holiday Party for the clients and families
Cons
Disorganization
Run far away from Eagle Quest.
Case Manager/ RMH Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
This is an an agency that works with foster kids and criminal youth. If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. The management is corrupt, and will turn a blind eye to abuse, and neglect reported to them or try to cover it up. All they care about is making money off of the kids. The turnover rate for employees is incredibly high, even for a social services agency.

At first I thought perhaps I was the only person who felt undervalued at this company, and felt like the company was corrupt. However, once I had the courage to open up to coworkers about experiences I had had, I realized that all of us felt the same way....we just didn't know it because we couldn't talk about it. Almost every single person on my team when I started has either quit, or is actively searching for another job because of the horrible treatment and conditions of everyone at Eagle Quest.

If you are a foster parent-don't expect to be valued, or talked to kindly or treated fairly by this company. They just want you to hoard as many children in your home as legally allowed, because that's how they make money. They don't care about you or the kids as much as they care about how much money each kid brings in.

A typical day at work as a Case manager, or a PSR worker will include working yourself sick, working office hours, and then more after-office hours regularly. You will do many hours each week that you are not paid for, just to keep up with the demands you are given. Criticism from bosses is rampant, gossip amongst coworkers is a problem, and the general atmosphere at this institution
  more... is stressed at best, hostile at worst. There were so many people that quit while I was working there, that I lost count. Huge Turnover.

WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE TO WORK HERE! DON'T DO IT!!!

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the youth. However, for some reason Eagle Quest likes to switch up case loads every few months...which causes unnecessary stress and anxiety to the kids you work with and also to you. It does nothing to help them with their trust issues that they already have. Once a kid starts to trust you, you will probably get reasssigned to someone else and you will start over with another kid who doesn't trust you. However, if you ask to have a specific a child from your caseload moved to another case manager/PSR worker who you think suits them better, you will probably get denied. Eagle Quest says they have a "mission" to help, but really their only mission is to bring in money, at the cost of the children and the workers who support them.

This place is Corrupt. I cannot adequately express how awful my experience working here was. If you want a job where you are criticized, abused, over-worked undervalued depressed and inadequate, and if you want to constantly be lied to and manipulated, and guilt-tripped by those you work for then this is the place for you. It is awful. I started to have nightmares about work before I quit. I would have them almost every night. Since leaving Eagle Quest, I haven't had one in a long time but the psychological, and emotional strain that this company puts on their employees is unbelievable. It's not a healthy, or safe, place to work.

RUN AWAY FROM THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Pros
you get paid. Albeit slave labor pay. There is no pro that compensates for the cons.
Cons
Horrible Management, extremely negative and stressful work environment, criticism and guilt trips from superiors, very difficult to move up in the company, Company is hyperfocused on making a profit at the cost of the vulnerable children, adults and families that they serve. You will begin to feel unethical working for them.
Wilderness program for troubled youth
Emergency Medical Technician/Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Nephi, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Great outdoor job! Discovery Academy allowed to combine work and play. Staff is basically paid to camp. I was able to utilize my EMT certifications while being able to enjoy the outdoors. Taking care of the students was extremely fulfilling. Learning and teaching survival skills was just an added bonus to the job!
Pros
Camping and hiking were major parts of the job.
Cons
Working 7-8 days straight, living in the elements during that time.
Great vision and positive attributes
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2012
The company has an over all positive drive but lacks a definitive objective.
Pros
great friendly staff
Cons
lack of break area, semi-unprofessional management, bad dental coverage.

Want to know more about Eagle Quest?

Ask a question