Eagle Transport Corporation Employee Reviews

too many hours
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hebron, MDApril 14, 2018
Too many hours. Salary was not enough. Did not match 401B. Not enough paid time off. A typical day at work started early and lasted 12 mores of more. The other drivers were hard workers and easy to get along with. Management was limited as to what they could do to assist you if you have problems with the vehicle and needed to be towed as they were far from when you were. The hardest part of the job were the long hours and being away from home and working weekends and holidays.
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 6, 2018
good job if you are single and don't have a family, paid by the load and most of the good loads come out of the main terminal in Saulsbery MD, and more then likely go to the drivers who have been there longest, so starting off are getting basically working for cumbs,
there are extremely busy every single day
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2018
the hardest part of the job, worked 14 or 16 hours a day not making money,but I like eagle transport,there great company to work for,I would like to thank miss denise for helping me all the times
Great place, better people
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Great work environment and will treat all like family. I worked very hard for them in the time i was there and they treated me the best one could be treated. I also felt well respected the whole time. The CEO and head executives are very down to earth and treat everyone as an equal.
Pros
Great environment, pay, benefits
no home life and told you have to work all holidays
Truck Driver Class A and hazmat tanker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 27, 2017
Hurry up Hurry up store s going to run out and when you get there the amount of gas you loaded per dispatch for that store won,t fit in the tank, and you have to go to another store to finish unloading.Don,t get hurt on the job and file for workman comp you will be fired after 12 weeks they don,t care weather you are under a doctors care or not.
Pros
Cons
not a good place to work
Long hours bad pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2017
Load pay sucks.work every weekend and holidays.poor management who would throw you under a bus to save their own butt.revolving door of drivers.company office sucks
Pros
Not many
Cons
Weekend poor management
Keep on looking
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYDecember 6, 2017
All holidays and weekends are just another work day here at eagle, worse insurance coverage I've had in 17+ years as a driver, but the most costly. Not much to write home about this place. Upper management knows more about Trucking and never set foot in one????
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
See above
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 7, 2017
You get paid by the load and spend more time empty than loaded. Management is horrible. Definitely not a driver friendly company. I was there 5 years and saw them hire and fire over 60 people in Savannah,ga with a 10 person terminal. LONG HOURS and low pay.
Pros
Cons
Management and too many miles empty and not being paid
Decent Company
Fuel Hauler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2017
Eagle is a decent company to work for i worked there for 5 yrs in Nashville Tn.i made 65000 to67000 every year i worked there i was on high exp pay % and that was pulling 3 to 4 loads a night most nights could do 5 under right cond.safety bonus could be better but got all of mine all 5 yrs.but whats changed since i left is driver facing and road face cameras but worst of all the driver cam has a microphone and it is hot they can hear everything that is said .i still haul gas hear in nashville.
Pros
Nice equipment
Cons
Long hrs low safety bonus
On a daily bases if things run as normal everything is fine but when you try to correct mistakes at terminal level you don't have corporate support.
Annonamous (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 31, 2016
As a new employee coming into the company as a driver they always get the negative from the other drivers causing the new drivers to not be committed to stay from the negetivity from the older drivers drivers. Management continues to promise to fix driver issues and turnover. By promising pay increases that never happen. Maintenance on the trucks are very poor and drivers write things up that never get took care of. But yet upper management want to hold driver accountable for everything. Overall I would not suggest this company if your looking for a long term driving position or office personnel.
I've worked for bettert
Certified Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 27, 2014
Company has a program to purchase trucks if you don not have one. Not a good place for someone that has their own truck. Company trucks get preference
good job
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Hebron, MDMarch 17, 2013
i liked my job i made good money . it was long hours but the money made up for it . they did alot for us gave us shoes uniforms and allso we got safety bouneces and awards
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
dangerous work