Eagleville Hospital Employee Reviews

its a good work place to help people
mental health tech (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 17, 2018
with eaglevillie it gave me more experience in the mental health field but they always was under staff and pulling staff to work 3 different units on a shift some times we never got a lunch
Administration is poor great work team
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PADecember 15, 2017
Poor administration , supervisors change often always under staffed. Its not safe for nurses . great staff to work with. Great experiences in psychology
Excellent experience, front to back!
Therapy Intern (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PANovember 10, 2017
A model of efficiency, communication and compassion, Eagleville Hospital is an excellent work choice for social workers and counselors! It is a fast-paced work environment, but you hit the ground running with support from coworkers and management. EH takes the recovery process seriously, with adjunctive therapies, medical management, and principals of self-care built into their programs. A great place to learn, and to keep the desire to learn alive!
Fun and produtive environment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAOctober 6, 2017
Monitor 42 duo diagnosis clients on a daily basis. Note and file on behaviors and also take vital signs.Organize and construct the daily activities and changes.
workplace
Dietitian/Dishwasher Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2017
Eagleville is not so bad.The management wasn't the best,but it was okay place.The patetints were probably if anything the worst,but the staff was nice to each other.
excellent place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PASeptember 12, 2017
I thoroughly loved my time at Eagleville. I was very sad to leave, but was relocating out of state for my husband's job. management was amazing, I was treated well, paid well, learned so much from the free in-house trainings, and my coworkers are life long friends. would absolutely recommend working here.
Pros
staff interactions, learning, excellent management, supportive environment, extremely accommodating for pumping mothers.
Relaxed and pleasant place
Therapist, Forensic Unit (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAAugust 27, 2017
Eagleville provides training and is a relaxed atmosphere. The salary scale is low and the benefits are average. Pleasant peopke, good training available. Your work life balance is respoected
Pros
relaxed
Cons
salary level
Very Productive
Mental Health Technician / Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Eagleville Hospital with the patients from detox ,Drug and Alcohol , Acute and Geriatric psyche. Helping them with their patient care needs
Pros
working with acute and geriatric patients
Cons
favoritism
Learn a lot quickly
therapist (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAJuly 5, 2017
A great facility to learn about addiction and mental health. Wonderful culture where patients are given an opportunity for a new start in their life of sobriety and health.
Pros
free trainings and supervision for licensure
Cons
compensation
Much room for improvement
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAJune 10, 2017
Staffing is a major issue here. Employee turnover rate is high because management is terrible, from the scheduler to HR manager. They're petty women on power trips, who put extra effort into making nursing staff "pay" for voting in union representation. Administration doesn't care about patient or staff safety. Their only concern is collecting insurance payments. Counseling is a joke and social workers have too many clients. Low group participation and the patients' breaking of hospital rules are treated with a slap on the wrist. The grounds are like a college campus open to public trespass and drug drop- offs. Pay and benefits both suck. I could go on and on, but in a nut shell stay away!
Pros
Moderate work load. Co-workers
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, favouritism
Most enjoyable part of working in Admissions
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAJune 9, 2017
During my first few years in the admissions department, I enjoyed helping patients and seeing their overall transformation. I am thankful to have received several letters or cards of gratitude & appreciation from former patients or family members for being helpful, and giving them hope. Watching people become a healthy, productive member of society was the most inspiring and rewarding part of my employment there.
Cons
Short breaks, unprofessional coworkers and management.
Knowledgeable Workplace
Co-Occurring Dual Diagnosis Unit Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAMay 3, 2017
I gained a great deal of work place knowledge and enjoyed working with a lot of friendly and professional staff members. A great place for a stepping stone into your career.
Workplace with limited opportunities
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAMarch 31, 2017
A typical day at work included monitoring patients, doing vital signs, EKGs, running groups, etc. I learned about drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Management has gone through significant changes. Workplace culture is also shifting due to managerial challenges and implementation of a union. The most difficult part of the job was navigating the management culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the diverse client population.
Job responsibilities
Registered Nurse - Drug and Alcohol (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAMarch 16, 2017
Care of Geriatric and Drug and Alcohol clients. Fast paced environment, medication management, glucose testing, urine sampling, physical and emotional support.
Pros
Co-workers were enjoyable to work with.
Cons
Insufficient staffing on all units worked.
Fast paced work environment and client turnover is high, the workplace environment is beautiful
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PADecember 1, 2016
I would check the pt's ADL's in the beginning of shift and do rounds on the unit. I would introduce new pt's and help them through the admissions process. Then document any changes in the pt process and running detox groups
Pros
always busy, work day goes fast
Cons
very exhausting work and not always rewarding
Good experience to gain, but negative work environment
Adjunctive Therapy, Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PANovember 20, 2016
Management loves to control things in a negative way. For example, pulling nurses and techs to units they are not familiar with. Your schedule will change as you're pulling into the parking lot. Staffing is atrocious. Constantly short staffed. Pay is not good, considering you are overworked. However, coworkers are very close and have great friendships with eachother. You will definitely learn A LOT about addiction and mental health here, which is a great skill set to have.
I really love the job that I do with the patients
Nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAOctober 31, 2016
When I get to work I get report on each patient, start the vitals then complete the required paperwork that is due for the scheduled shift. I complete the charting of the patients vitals and do hourly rounds on each patient
The worst place to work
Nursing Assitant (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAMay 18, 2016
Eagleville Hospital is the worst place to work, the pay is low and you are being watch 24/7. The staff talks about each other, they have supervisors that will try to fire you for no reason at all if they don't like you.
Pros
Not to much work to do
Cons
Low pay
Not too hectic work load
LPN (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PANovember 3, 2015
Good opportunity for those who wants to acquire experience with Psych and Drug/Alcohol rehabilitation.
Not as busy as a acute Hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was to deal with pshych patients and get the experienced needed.
The hardest part of the job was to work with few co-works.
Pros
Allows me to go back to school
Cons
In negotiation with UNION
too many patients that you are responsible for
R.N. staff nurse providing nursing care (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PASeptember 23, 2015
This hospital is in turmoil and is not treating nurses fairly. Nurses have been pulled off their regular units and have been made to float to unfamiliar units. Everyone is being written up for minor things and staff live in fear that they will be fired on a daily basis.
Some day syou are responsible for between 32 and 42 patients by yourself with only one tech as your assistant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eagleville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Eagleville Hospital Reviews by Location