EAK Good Neighbor

Working at EAK Good Neighbor: 25 Reviews

United States25 reviews

Good Place

Enjoy the work, not overly stressful. Room for growth if you work hard and are interested. I enjoy the people I work with and my manger. 8-5 hours and never have to work overtime.

Experience changes based on your situation

This is a great company with a simple set of instructions. The workers are nice and rules are always quite clear. The pros of this job is that it can work around your life if you end up taking care of a loved one or someone similar. The clocking in on your phone is easy and support is always ready to help you anytime you call.The cons of this job is that it can be very stressful depending on what you have to do in your caregiving process, for it can be different for everyone. Keep in mind the activities you can do that will help relieve you of your stress.I've learned of the few weights that doctors, nurses, therapist, and others of high application must carry. However, if you love taking care of people and can find the balance in your life to do so, caregiving may be for you and I highly recommend EAK Good Neighbor.

EAK Good Neighbor insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

If this line of work is in your wheelhouse, you'll enjoy doing it every day.

This kind of work will absolutely make you feel fulfilled and happy, despite the normal hiccups and occasional bad days. EAK itself is a payroll company.. there are changes I'd make to a few things on the app if it were mine to change. They're annoyances, but tolerable for sure. Satisfied so far.

Pros

Pays on time

Cons

No Benefits

EAK is only a book keeping dept. They handle payroll background check

You don't interview with EAK only the clients in their home.. It's up to the client to hire and fire. If you have any problems with the client EAK will not help they will tell you to talk to your employer, they do not get involve. All they do is WHAT? Nothing!!!!! NO raises no benefits. The only way you get hired is call EAK they will put you on the list and send the list to clients upon their request!! There are other clients who need help but EAK WILL NOT REFER YOU TO THEM OR HELP YOU GET A JOB.. EAK IS A WASTE OF TIME!!! NO MATTER WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR CLIENTS HOME WHEN YOU REPORT IT TO EAK THEY DON'T DO NOTHING!!! Your client insurance company is paying them and depends on client you can get a good pay..

Pros

just having income cooming in

Cons

no benefits, no raises, company do not intervene when there are problems in client home.

Good work place

Good company, pays well. They always respond to each call thoroughly and quickly. Good pay but no benefits or insurance so that’s tough. Only reason i left honestly!

Eak good neighbor

● Work-life balanceIt's a great company, they work with you to make your schedule flexible for you and any issues you have they attend to them immediately● OverallEak is a pretty good company , they are understanding and helpful , hours are good , pay is excellent and it's an overall put together company , I would definitely recommend it

Worked for a local family

EAK as a whole is a good company. The client I had was a young child living with her great grandfather. The child's mother is an ex convict that has been in and out of prison her entire life for drugs. She was stealing medication from the child's great grandfather and the level of drama in the home was too much for me. They both tried to involve me in family matters that were none of my business on both personal and professional levels. I could not place with another patient at the time, but left the job due to the excessive amount of added stress in the home from the child's mother who didn't care for the child.

Excellent job

I enjoy working for this company due to they help me a lot with my mothers care. They makes sure our services are meet with excellent staff. I been working with this company for over 2 years

There wasn’t anything bad about the company

It was a good job that I enjoyed working. I got great hours and pay. Didn’t have any issues whatsoever. If they have pay problems they will mail you your check tomorrow or let you pick it up

Great company to work for. Really nice and helpful no matter what the situation is.

They are an overall a great company. I have always been paid on time. Everyone is also really nice. They will help you with anything you need help with.

Laid back with good people around you

I learned how to train my mind to think outside of myself and my own opinions to a broader and more diverse world. I grew as a person and realized how smart and genuine autistic people are.

Great

Love the company ....Really great company to grow and thrive to get hands on experience...I love my patient very kind and sweet...I will miss working for the company....

Overall working for EAK was an experience I will never forget.

Whenever I needed a question answered EAK went above and beyond to find the answer for me. It was never let me call you back, and you never heard from them. The experience I had with EAK was something I would never hesitate to do if I were called upon to do again. With any other client. Hi

Pros

Overall this would be a great company to work for. The wages were great. Also, they kept you informed by mail or email.

Cons

The travel and things in the resident's home got to be a little stressful.

Good job

I like working for this company because hours are flexible and you can work day are nights.pay is great also.*****************I only wish this job could have lasted longer

EAK Good Neighbor

I enjoyed working at EAK Good Neighbor. You really work for the family not so much the company. I reported to the father of the family the most. Your experience would change depending on who it is you were working for.

Nice job straight out of high school

I got my job as a respite care provider with EAK Good Neighbor straight out of high school with minimal work experience, and it was probably the most laid-back, easy-going job I have had or ever will have.

Great Employer

Eak was a great employer to work for. Any time i ever needed anything looked at or just had a question and had to call in they were always quick to take care of my needs.

Home Health provided a loving environment

I took care of the elderly and disabled through a Home Health Care Agency for close to seven years. During this time I had the pleasure of helping people who couldn't help themselves. I was responsible for scheduling and transportation of Dr appointments and errands. I did the grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning as well. Administered Medication and corresponded with Health Care Professionals regarding the patients well being. I was solely responsible for the management of my clients and most all aspects of their care. The Health Care Agency was mainly for Payroll and administrative duties. We did have rules to follow by state law to provide care for patients on Medicaid. The hardest part of my job was to watch peoples health deteriorate over time. To get close to them and then watch it happen was the worst. The best part, was listening to all of their stories. Great wisdom!

Pros

Self-management and great wisdom

Cons

health deterioration and no room for growth

Flexible

I loved working for this company because I got paid more and I was doing something I wanted to do. Hours were long but worth it. Loved the people I worked for. Would definitely go back

Loved it

This was one of my favorite work experiences. My boss was great and super flexible with my hours so if i needed off she was very accommodating. Would definitely work for her again.

Excellent job great enviornment, dealing with the infant.

I go in to work at 7/7:30. My daily job is to go in make sure that the client is getting his medications right when I walk in. Also at the end of the night I make sure that the infants feeding tube has started and finished.

Pros

Easy work load, great pay, wonderful supervisor

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EAK Good Neighbor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits