Early Autism Services Employee Reviews

This company is a joke!!
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2019
Don’t do it they definitely tell you anything so that you can work for them. Then you will discover the LIES!!! If you have a issues and try the email or text the case manager they NEVER respond back to you!! I stared the company in April and I resigned in June. I was promised my hours (35) the whole time I was here I was only working 20 -22 hours. I tried to give it chance because the company was still new here in Richmond. Each time I would say something about my hours I would get the run around!! They even told me one of my clients were no longer in the program due to his insurance. A few weeks later my cousin started working for the company and definitely had the same client that they told me left the program. These people do not treat you right at all. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO NO ONE!!!!
Pros
Meeting nice families
Cons
Hours, Schedule, gas mileage, pay, commute
No appreciation for the therapists
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2019
When I first got hired I was under the impression that I would start off part time but would soon go to full time (40 hours). I NEVER got 40 hours during my time with CEAS. When a family would cancel or a child was sick I was not compensated for those lost hours. I was expected to make up my hours on my own time(by working weekends). What company makes you work on your own time just to make up the hours that you should've been receiving in the first place?? No benefits or PTO. Felt no appreciation for my work. Even after I spoke with the CEO about the lack of benefits, nothing has changed. Overall, a very stressful experience. There are better ABA companies out there.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours, too much driving
Didn't listen when assigning clients
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2019
This was a part-time job for me - mostly evenings. I told them that I get off of my day-time job at 3:45 so they needed to keep that in mind when giving me clients. They kept trying to assign me clients at 4:00 that were 30-40 mins away from my main job. When I told them that I couldn't do that they said "we expect our therapists to travel up to 45 mins between clients". If this is your full-time job sure, but not as a part time job. The framework that they use for their therapy wasn't my favorite either. It was all DTT, no NET or anything else. Just didn't like it
Loved the kids, Lack of company structure
ABA Line Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2019
I am not sure if this changed since I was an employee, but working there meant many hours in the car and no mileage compensation. They then proposed paying out per hour spent in the car and it was very low compensation. they needed to pay by mile. Management was extremely intelligent in terms of ABA, but terrible at communicating the staff. It wasnt until I quit that someone reached out about my concerns, and then treated me passive aggressively about leaving. They pay higher than most ABA companies but it is difficult to achieve full-time hours when you are scheduled all over town. Some days I would drive from Evanston to Evergreen Park, and back to lakeview. I was always running late from traffic
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
minimal communication to management or other staff
Great coworkers and gatherings
BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2019
Love the summer and winter gatherings unfortunately hours are not stable enough for my liking. I went from 35-40 hours a week to 20 hours within months.
Pros
Reasonable pay, nice supervisors
Cons
Unstable hours
Great place to work while building relationships with families and children
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 10, 2019
I love working here! I've learned so much about ABA through proper training and love the people I work with! Depending on your availability your clients will be scheduled around that. Perfect for going to school at the same time.
Pros
Relationship built with families and co workers, holiday and summer parties to bring the whole team together.
Cons
No paid vacation days (not working full time).
High stress.
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 9, 2019
Company is unorganized. ABA therapy implemented only works for about year, then the kids get bored with doing the same thing over and over again. Don’t get paid when parents cancel sessions. And you only make minimum wage for drive time instead of full 15/hr.
Not a stable job
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 10, 2019
Hardly any hours, no amount of requesting or complaining will change that. Unless you’re going into ABA as a BCBA there is absolutely 0 opportunity for advancement. Sometimes will send you to work as far as an hour away with no drive time compensation, can only qualify for benefits at 30 hrs which is nearly impossible to achieve. Decent job for a student but hardly a career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No available hours to work
I miss this place
Applied Behavior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Metro Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2019
This job was perfect for me while I was going to school fulltime - super flexible hours allowed me to earn money and go to school. The families I worked with were great, the environment was always laid back and the more you visited the houses the more comfy you got. This job was awesome because I was able to go on vacation for an entire & still had my job upon my return. Where else can you find this?! The rate of pay was excellent except hours could be scarce - but ultimately this is perfect for someone who just needs extra income (this is not something to solely base you income off of) which is the reason I had to leave. I was at a point in my life where I needed more money to do things so unfortunately I had to switch jobs.. Things have changed for me recently to where all I do need is a part-time job again so I hope to work with this company for a second time! There is no PTO....BUT.....this means you can take off when you need to. This is literally the perfect side hustle.
Pros
Freedom to travel. Laid back atmosphere. Good rate of pay.
Cons
Potentially scarce hours.
Supportive environment
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 11, 2019
Room for advancement, and improving skill set. Very supportive, friendly and fun staff from CEO, BCBA's, and other therapists. Must be comfortable working independently, and on a team. Open to trying new approaches for clients.
Great for career growth
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
I worked at CEAS's Chicago location for 2 1/2 years as a behavior technician. The work environment was fun. It's rewarding to see the kids make so much progress, see the family's reaction and be a part of something so wonderful! Driving can be annoying, but drive time is compensated, which is awesome. There's a ton of opportunities for advancement and they really put effort into their employee happiness. Awesome Christmas parties, birthday gifts and recognition from upper management. Supervision is great and it's a good learning experience for students getting their BCBA.
Pros
Employee advancement, Christmas Party, 401k, paid drive time
Cons
no PTO
Great company to work for
RBT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
The leadership at CEAS is strong and you are always set up for success. Multiple group outings every year to build loyalty and friendship within the company.
Pros
Excellent supervisors
Cons
No paid time off
Incredible work, with little given to employees
ABA Line Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
For the most part I loved the people I worked with. This is definitely a job for someone who is passionate about working with disabled children. It eventually wore me down, and I recognize that most the negativity I feel forward this company is my own creation. What wore me down was not the kids, but the work it self and the company. I will be honest about the many complaints I heard from fellow employees. The pay is not worth it, CEAS does not reimburse you for travel, and that is going to be the majority of your job. In the begging they will try to keep you in one area, but your schedule is going to change frequently and you are going to be in your car the majority of your day it feels like. Upper management does not take care of the Line Therapists. If you don't work with certain people, you will get overlooked for promotions. Overall, if you really love working with special needs children, you can probably overlook everything else.
Challenging and rewarding work
Line Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2015
We work with children ages 3-7 who are being prepared for school. This work can be challenging as the children are pushed to make them greater and develop necessary skill sets. This is a tough demographic to work with, but seeing the results from the simplest of tasks inspires oneself to keep working for it. It is tough to handle the outside factors, especially the family dynamic, but separation is key. The other therapists are amazing to work with and very helpful as they are dealing with the same situations as you are. The associates always seem to be overwhelmed, but they bring a great outside perspective to the team. The hardest part is not getting frustrated when the children get frustrated and tantrum, but the rewards of progress in development give you the light that makes the day and work worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Early Autism Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Early Autism Services Reviews by Location