Early Autism Services Employee Reviews for Behavior Technician

To many cooks in the kitchen
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2019
To many cooks in the kitchen to run effective company. The director /leadership puts their hands in everything and gives no autonomy to the staff. No one voice is heard, it is a mosh of everything all at once. There is no organization. Low hours, will never reach full time status. No benefits like personal time off or decent compensation.
Didn't listen when assigning clients
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2019
This was a part-time job for me - mostly evenings. I told them that I get off of my day-time job at 3:45 so they needed to keep that in mind when giving me clients. They kept trying to assign me clients at 4:00 that were 30-40 mins away from my main job. When I told them that I couldn't do that they said "we expect our therapists to travel up to 45 mins between clients". If this is your full-time job sure, but not as a part time job. The framework that they use for their therapy wasn't my favorite either. It was all DTT, no NET or anything else. Just didn't like it
Great coworkers and gatherings
BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2019
Love the summer and winter gatherings unfortunately hours are not stable enough for my liking. I went from 35-40 hours a week to 20 hours within months.
Pros
Reasonable pay, nice supervisors
Cons
Unstable hours
High stress.
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 9, 2019
Company is unorganized. ABA therapy implemented only works for about year, then the kids get bored with doing the same thing over and over again. Don’t get paid when parents cancel sessions. And you only make minimum wage for drive time instead of full 15/hr.
Supportive environment
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 11, 2019
Room for advancement, and improving skill set. Very supportive, friendly and fun staff from CEO, BCBA's, and other therapists. Must be comfortable working independently, and on a team. Open to trying new approaches for clients.
Great for career growth
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
I worked at CEAS's Chicago location for 2 1/2 years as a behavior technician. The work environment was fun. It's rewarding to see the kids make so much progress, see the family's reaction and be a part of something so wonderful! Driving can be annoying, but drive time is compensated, which is awesome. There's a ton of opportunities for advancement and they really put effort into their employee happiness. Awesome Christmas parties, birthday gifts and recognition from upper management. Supervision is great and it's a good learning experience for students getting their BCBA.
Pros
Employee advancement, Christmas Party, 401k, paid drive time
Cons
no PTO