Early Warning Services Employee Reviews

Great Company, Decent Benefits, Confused Management
Senior Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2019
Worked at Early Warning for numerous years. Great working environment, opportunity to promote/advance. BUT there's a downside the TPRM group is a mess. The management is confused doesn't understand what they're doing, but great senior and executive management. HELP HELP or JUST RUN RUN far away.
If you're looking for an opportunity to advance and move into a role that will give you a challenge then EWS is a great company to try that. You'll learn a lot about regulations, policies, and risk. Learn a lot and move up really fast if you know what you're doing. Benefits are pretty good and HR makes sure they keep it at a decent price. HR is does a great job at follow up and making sure they answer any questions related to benefits, day-to-day worries, or payroll questions. Executive management is GREAT they know how to move the company in a forward moving direction. Some managers need to be reconsidered for their roles they haven't a clue what they're doing.
Pros
Benefits, happy hour, Pto
Cons
Poor business unit management
Poor management and favortism
customer service!!!!! Not fraud (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2019
When I was hired i was told i was going to be a fraud analyst. Few months later i am taking calls because the app kept crashing. Almost 2 years later I am now a consumer analyst which is a customer service role. When brought up I was told to keep to myself and that's why they were paying the amount they were. This place is toxic. Nobody seems happy here. They play favortism. They don't promote the minorities. If you apply for this position. Be warned you will be stressed all the time. Get yelled at by customers over a free app. I was bettef off at my old job. If I would of known that I was losing my job skill and be demoted to customer service i would of never took the job.
Pros
Fridge and semi clean bathrooms
Cons
Always cold. Dont care about employees.
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 25, 2019
Early Warning Services offers a great work life balance. I am a student and the company was able to accommodate my hectic schedule. I received a raised 6 months after I was hired and given more responsibility with that raise. If you are driven to succeed and learn the company has all of the resources necessary to do so.
Pros
Accommodations for students
Cons
Obstacles
Good and Bad
Consumer Services Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2019
The overall company is great and enticing, however, when you get to the position, it wasn't that great. I was a temp to perm employee. My contract wasn't picked up, but these comments are how I felt prior to that.
They hold employees VERY strictly to QA and error rates, but there is too much "gray" area around the QA. You are given different processes by different people. Then they will turn around and say they didn't tell you that. And forget about being able to bring this up. I stated I would go with what QA verbiage we were given, and that was taken as an offense.
You are not allowed to make any errors on your work, however, when there are errors, there is really no way to know what happened, and if you try asking to get more clarification, you get attitude. The Processors can use any information they find anywhere, but you are limited in what you have access to on the phone. Example of an error I was "dinged" for: Old vs Olde
Every communication myself AND the Temp Agency got was that I was doing great, and even though there were a few things I was needing to work on, I was being proactive.
However, I also made the mistake of having to call out. I was so sick that I couldn't even get out of bed, so I had to call out for 2 days. There was one morning I was late. I accept that, but the last "offence" was when my car broke down. My Supervisor told me it was fine for me to take care of getting to the shop and all that, and to leave early. However, that, apparently, was not the case.
Some people are allowed to get away with things that others cannot.
Ex: We were all
  more... told that no phones at our desks. Some will get in trouble for, and others not. I watched my Supervisor walk up to someone on their phone and when he apologized, she said it wasn't a big deal and not to worry about it.  less
Pros
Vacation, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Everyone is not treated the same, attitude when asked questions, lack of consistent communication
Best Place to Work
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 26, 2018
Great environment, friendly people, collaborative teams. Free fresh fruit Thursdays, free coffee. Clean and cozy environment. I would recommend you apply.
Great Place to work
Production Control Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work and great benefits and compensation. Fast pace environment with room to grow in the industry and work to be involved with some great applications.
offered realxed beverages once a month
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2018
Inbound calls that were constantly monitored daily for time & customer service. Management would monitor lunches and breaks very closely. They would offer alcohol beverages once a month and company picnics and get togethers.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
high call volume of calls
Exciting environment
Senior Director, Sales Operations & Enablement (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2018
With the advent of Zelle, Early Warning has changed the landscape of how money moves. This company has some of the smartest hard working people inside and that is driving the culture of change in the financial services field.
Pros
Challenging, exciting environment.
Cons
Needs a broader product set, long term.
This is your Early Warning! Do not apply for Fraud
Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2018
First off its not Fraud what so ever you are a CS agent with Micro Management surrounded by people who hate their jobs. Cut Throat environment. Big company feel. No voice managment always threatening you with job security. Took away all breaks.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment not healthy / Egg shell environment
Don't work Fraud Operations
Fraud Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2018
This company has zero structure or organization. The Fraud operations department was put together by leaders who have zero humility. They micromanage you and don't listen to any input you have to give. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
They overpay you.
Cons
Do some research on your team / manager
Security Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2018
Early Warning is a medium sized company with the culture of a small company. Some things are fantastic: informal workplace settings, social events. But sometimes "We're a small company" is an excuse used to justify poor planning and ever shifting priorities.

Employees on average are generally happy. But some managers are essentially absent and some supervisors have a history of driving out effective employees. A senior management focus on employee satisfaction has suffered in the wake of growth at this company.
It was a decent place
Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 27, 2018
I learned a lot while I was there and worked with some really great people. Some of the projects we worked on were pretty exciting. A lot of after hours work though which you get burned out on.
review
Sr. Quality Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 13, 2018
good place to work, left because of commute, company is working hard to improve and grow daily, company takes your ideas and work to implement them, enjoyed
Expanding with financially stable condition
Data Scientist (III) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 9, 2018
Even though I worked about 10 years in Early Warning Services, and overall I enjoyed working there along with some reservations, had learned a lot, upper management made decisions to dismiss multiple position at a time citing company strategic changes, nothing with performance I consider was rude, unfair, and uncalled for. This has been a culture in Early Warning that I have seen in my tenure and at the end I was caught in the culture. Lots of employees are openly engaged in politically charged conversations and sometime judge peers who are not thinking like them.
Early Warning tries to have a fun and productive culture
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 23, 2017
Early Warning is growing… it’s nearly doubled in the past two years. That will continue with the launch of the Zelle Network, related opportunities and the consistent support of existing products related to financial industry security.

There are opportunities to help with committees to grow the culture... social, community outreach and professional development. Fresh fruit on Wednesdays, a Concierge and Third Thursday Happy Hours.

Health insurance is great. There is a wellness program where you can earn a cut on the cost of your health insurance by being, well, healthy! PTO is good.

There is a crying need to step up the technical expertise all around and the number of fresh, new hires is helping on that front.

There is a lot of opportunity to be creative and implement new approaches, if you are driven to socialize your ideas. There are lots and lots of opportunities to try new approaches and streamline existing processes. Because of the recent growth, HR is really swamped and lots of people are new with fresh ideas. Hang in there and be persistent to snag a spot in this growing company.
Pros
Pays attention to the culture, nice mix of hard work and fun, exciting to be part of the Zelle Network launch, relaxed work environment, work at home some, all hands meetings are generally informative
Cons
A management-first culture slightly redeemed by great peers
Security Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 12, 2017
In general, management is taken care of much better than employees. There is definitely cronyism that occurs in my department, leaving up and coming employees no room to grow and essentially forced to leave. However, it is also a friendly place to work with an excellent security posture. In my opinion, the success of the company rides solely on Zelle at this point.
Pros
No micromanagement, strong on security
Cons
Lack of concern for employee well-being
Great Company..
Third Party Risk Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 20, 2017
I enjoy this company very much, Management is great, they foster a creative culture. EWS is growing fast but is doing good at keeping the small company feel.
Pros
Concierge Service, enough said! Third Thursday Socials
Cons
Currentky, Not enough people to do all of the work. This should change in 2018.
Financial Services Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 13, 2017
This company cares about providing good employee benefits and being a great place to work. Your experience will depend on your team and supervisor. There's a good balance of enjoyable work to do, challenges, and employee perks.
Disappointing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2017
Culture is such that:
Policy is first,
Personal agendas are next, and
People are last.
People are not valued there.
Communication is poor.
Leadership is nearly non-existent.
Good place to work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
Overall early warning services is a good place to work. The pay and benefits are comparable to rest of the companies in the valley. They are ding interesting work in fraud/risk domain, interesting work, leader ship can use some improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Early Warning Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Early Warning Services Reviews by Location