Early Warning Services Management reviews

Great place to work if you stick your head up the right managers a**
Fraud Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2019
They truly set you up to fail! I was supposed to get a one on one 2 months ago and never did. If you ask a Manager a question and then another one you will get two different answers! No wonder they have a horrible turn around. I spent most of my night listening to the guy next to me talking about drinking at lunch and watching my Manager laugh, and the same guy talking to consumers and wanting to shoot them.
An environment a person would feel safe in.
Pros
Cons
Felling unsafe, no management support, favoritism, no advancement unless you kiss the right managers you know what!!
Great Company, Decent Benefits, Confused Management
Senior Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2019
Worked at Early Warning for numerous years. Great working environment, opportunity to promote/advance. BUT there's a downside the TPRM group is a mess. The management is confused doesn't understand what they're doing, but great senior and executive management. HELP HELP or JUST RUN RUN far away.
If you're looking for an opportunity to advance and move into a role that will give you a challenge then EWS is a great company to try that. You'll learn a lot about regulations, policies, and risk. Learn a lot and move up really fast if you know what you're doing. Benefits are pretty good and HR makes sure they keep it at a decent price. HR is does a great job at follow up and making sure they answer any questions related to benefits, day-to-day worries, or payroll questions. Executive management is GREAT they know how to move the company in a forward moving direction. Some managers need to be reconsidered for their roles they haven't a clue what they're doing.
Pros
Benefits, happy hour, Pto
Cons
Poor business unit management
Poor management and favortism
customer service!!!!! Not fraud (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2019
When I was hired i was told i was going to be a fraud analyst. Few months later i am taking calls because the app kept crashing. Almost 2 years later I am now a consumer analyst which is a customer service role. When brought up I was told to keep to myself and that's why they were paying the amount they were. This place is toxic. Nobody seems happy here. They play favortism. They don't promote the minorities. If you apply for this position. Be warned you will be stressed all the time. Get yelled at by customers over a free app. I was bettef off at my old job. If I would of known that I was losing my job skill and be demoted to customer service i would of never took the job.
Pros
Fridge and semi clean bathrooms
Cons
Always cold. Dont care about employees.
offered realxed beverages once a month
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2018
Inbound calls that were constantly monitored daily for time & customer service. Management would monitor lunches and breaks very closely. They would offer alcohol beverages once a month and company picnics and get togethers.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
high call volume of calls
This is your Early Warning! Do not apply for Fraud
Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2018
First off its not Fraud what so ever you are a CS agent with Micro Management surrounded by people who hate their jobs. Cut Throat environment. Big company feel. No voice managment always threatening you with job security. Took away all breaks.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment not healthy / Egg shell environment
Don't work Fraud Operations
Fraud Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2018
This company has zero structure or organization. The Fraud operations department was put together by leaders who have zero humility. They micromanage you and don't listen to any input you have to give. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
They overpay you.
Cons
Do some research on your team / manager
Security Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2018
Early Warning is a medium sized company with the culture of a small company. Some things are fantastic: informal workplace settings, social events. But sometimes "We're a small company" is an excuse used to justify poor planning and ever shifting priorities.

Employees on average are generally happy. But some managers are essentially absent and some supervisors have a history of driving out effective employees. A senior management focus on employee satisfaction has suffered in the wake of growth at this company.
Expanding with financially stable condition
Data Scientist (III) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 9, 2018
Even though I worked about 10 years in Early Warning Services, and overall I enjoyed working there along with some reservations, had learned a lot, upper management made decisions to dismiss multiple position at a time citing company strategic changes, nothing with performance I consider was rude, unfair, and uncalled for. This has been a culture in Early Warning that I have seen in my tenure and at the end I was caught in the culture. Lots of employees are openly engaged in politically charged conversations and sometime judge peers who are not thinking like them.
A management-first culture slightly redeemed by great peers
Security Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 12, 2017
In general, management is taken care of much better than employees. There is definitely cronyism that occurs in my department, leaving up and coming employees no room to grow and essentially forced to leave. However, it is also a friendly place to work with an excellent security posture. In my opinion, the success of the company rides solely on Zelle at this point.
Pros
No micromanagement, strong on security
Cons
Lack of concern for employee well-being
Great Company..
Third Party Risk Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 20, 2017
I enjoy this company very much, Management is great, they foster a creative culture. EWS is growing fast but is doing good at keeping the small company feel.
Pros
Concierge Service, enough said! Third Thursday Socials
Cons
Currentky, Not enough people to do all of the work. This should change in 2018.
Disappointing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2017
Culture is such that:
Policy is first,
Personal agendas are next, and
People are last.
People are not valued there.
Communication is poor.
Leadership is nearly non-existent.
Horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 17, 2016
They will get rid of you without a notice, they will fine ant excuse to fire you and management don't support the employee. Not worth the hassle of going to the horrible training you get
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Management is horrible
Consider This Your Early Warning!
technical business analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2015
Its such poetic irony that a company that prides itself on security is full of insecure people! I have never witnessed an environment full of people who are so condensending,rude, and passive aggressive to each other in meetings designed to complete technical initiatives. I have never worked at a company that promotes keeping your mouth shut and not speaking up when there are clean inefficiencies with processes and procedure.

When you apply for a position, you expect that the role and responsibilities are fully identified and you are going into an established situation. What you don't expect is enter a warzone where people are against implementing Agile philosophies into their work streams simply because they are content with being old fashion. What you don't expect is for your manager to

If you are young and come from an Agile company RUN AWAY AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE! They will act like they like your energy but secretly conspire to get you out due to their insecurities (and prejudices). People are moved around to different teams so much, there isn't a chance to improve team vvelocity. When a delivery team purposely skips demos only to have the end users complain about the product delivered, causing piles and piles of technical debt, you know you are working in a dysfunctional IT department.

I predict that soon there will be a max exdous in that company when Executive finally put their heads in the weeds and see how poorly their business is being ran. Its truely a shame too because they have really nice products and do a great job with bank security.
Pros
Fresh Fruit on Mondays, daily food trucks on site.
Cons
Passive aggressive people, smile in your face stab you behind your back culture, don't appreciate young energy or fresh perspective, will throw you under the bus to protect their job if they feel threatened, high stress big pressure environment
Good benefits and perks, culture and priorities are not what they should be
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleOctober 9, 2015
Long days, but great people to work with
Management has been employed for a long time, very knowledgeable about the business.
would be a great place to work if not for the excessively high turnover. Frown at a manager or fail to kiss up and you are gone.
Physical Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 15, 2015
Worked in Security for over a year watching people head out the door for greener pastures wondering when it will be my turn. Employees with years of service, gone in an instant. No job security. Stay quiet, lay low, don't worry about being a good worker, just kiss up and do not disagree with management.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No job security even if you work hard.
Pretty good place to work - some politics
Sr QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 28, 2015
Pretty good place to work - some politics. Some erratic behavior among management. Constant battles over tools. Half agile.
Wear a kevlar vest, especially to protect your back
Marketing & Communications (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2015
No training, absent management leadership, employee favoritism based on tenure and not competency, HR acknowledges terrible leadership but impotent to fix.
Pros
Mission of organization is noble and their purpose is important. Fortunately, they're a utility and as long as the data flows, the management and other non-data related tasks are irrelevant.
Cons
No accountability for Senior Management
Don't deactivate resume if hired
Senior Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotsdale, AZMarch 17, 2015
Like one of the reviews says if a manager doesn't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you. If you have a meeting with HR and your manager regarding some stupid complaint, start looking for work elsewhere.
Horrible
Sr manager (Former Employee) –  scottsdale arizonaNovember 10, 2014
One of the worse companies to work for. If you constantly see that they are hiring on here, then that shows how much of a turn over rate they have. I wouldn't advise anyone to take a job here.
Manager
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Benefits are Good
You get 4 weeks vacation
Fresh fruit on Mondays
Company activities
Option to work sometimes from home - the con is the system is very slow
Pros
Fresh Fruit every Monday morning
Cons
Company does not promote within, the pay is very low considered for the work you are expected to do, if management does not like you they will find a reason to fire you, If you are sick you have to use the PTO they don't provide sick days.