Earth Fare Employee Reviews

Charleston location is filthy
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2018
The place is filthy even after a renovation. 10.50 an hour is the high end. The Charleston location is so disorganized it was embarrassing. Sorry to say Earth Fare won't be in business in 5 years. It's proven that one reason for businesses sucking is low wages.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Gross
Live Longer
Scan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Excellent place to work! I truly enjoy going to work everyday and interacting with my coworkers and customers. I have learned so much about living a healthier lifestyle.
It is alright
Produce Cut Fruit (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 30, 2018
At first was a nice job. But part time gets no hours and full time is everything. Always busy do to being understaffed and produce gets no help at all.
hardwork but a great team to work along side
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 29, 2018
I worked for Earthfare for over 5 years. A couple of years of cashiering and bookkeeping and learning other departments such as deli counter, bakery counter, meat counter, some grocery and scan coordinating. Most recently I have been the front end manager where my duties ranged from scheduling a team of twenty plus team members, hiring, training, and terminating associates. Some other job duties included resolving customer service issues, auditing the daily bookkeeper paperwork to verify that all money received through the registers is being properly handled and documented, resolving interpersonal issues at the store level between our team members. The hardest part of my job was hiring and keeping a well staffed team. Part of the problem until recently was the entry pay rate which has since been raised for my store and has helped some of that problem. By far my favorite part of working for Earthfare was the team of people working at the store level. It is one of the few places with in a corporation where the team feels like a family that looks after each other. I learned many skills through my years of experience there such as advanced cash handling, problem solving, team building, communicating professionally, appeasing customers, and not to mention a wealth of knowledge of the ever growing organic, local and health food industries.
Pros
20% team member discount, health insurance for full time
Cons
high turnover rate resulting in added pressure on full time team
great place to work and learn
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2018
working at earthfare is a high paced ,but still have time to enjoy the work.always have a chance to move up with the company.and the people are great to work with.
Good work environment
coustomer service rep (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2018
I have always loved Earth fare for it's individuals. Each person here is uniquely amazing. I have stayed despite low wages because until now this place has made me happy. Slowly but surely they want to become Walmart.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Read it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carolina'sAugust 18, 2018
I worked for this company years ago and currently work there now. Apparently the entire corporate structure from the failed company known as Bi-Lo is now the corporate structure of Earth fare so good by to the little things that made Earth fare special and hello to a brand new worse version of Bi-Lo.....just in case you people sitting behind your desks and not actually on the store level for more than 3x a month don't realize Bi-Lo failed horribly. Wake up. Don't expect to pay your employees waaaay under the industry standard and expect them to bind over backwards for you. If you don't believe me just look at the extremely high turnover and unhappy reviews on here. Earth fare used to be a fun place to work stress free customer friendly and special. Now it's being turned into a box store ran by the same greedy cheap "people" that ran a different company into the ground. Good luck.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
How much time do you have
not a very pleasant place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
unfortunately management is horrible....if you are opening in the morning management never says good morning to you unless you speak to them first...walk by don't even say hello.....not to mention they are only worried about themselves and how they look with corporate....
Pros
dealing with customers
Cons
poor management, bad work schedules, not sanitary
Don’t work there
Employee (Former Employee) –  Palm beach gardensAugust 14, 2018
One of the worse places I’ve ever worked. The meat and seafood department is going downhill fast. We don’t have enough staff and they want you to do all the work above your pay grade. They cut hours so bad that you aren’t even getting $100 a week. Why would anyone want to go the extra mile for them. They hire and fire badly. They suck at making schedules and they are lazy. They are so unappreciative towards their employees and can’t be trusted. I don’t see them staying in business very long.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Managers, co- workers, scheduling-hours, workload, customers
OK place, horrible management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 14, 2018
Job isn't hard and fellow employees are down to earth but management has no clue how anything works and keeps the store understaffed. Thought my pay was low but compared to everyone else I somehow am living like a king. Hours are never enough almost 20 hours if lucky yet every shift it is short 3 people forcing us to do multiple stations and then some more work on top of that. Customers that come here are all snobby and expect to have immediate service which makes the shift worse. Even if you can do everything they will keep you at 20 hours or less and full time is only 32 hours which with the pay rate is not enough to survive.
Pros
Easy work, Good employees, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management, work flow, customers
Poorly managed, over worked company
Specialty Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 10, 2018
This company is more worried about opening stores thank it is keeping their already opened stores operating properly. All of the managers including dept. managers are over worked and the turnover in this company is ridiculous. I believe their main goal is to be acquired by a larger company such as Whole Foods or Luckys. Til then, they will continue to go through employees like water. Stay far away from this place unless you absolutely need a job. Especially the Oldsmar store, both the store manager and his 2 assistant store managers are horrible.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Management, work environment
Company Going Downhill Fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  anonymousAugust 4, 2018
I have been with this company for a while and watched it go downhill. Customers are rude, and management lets people get away with bluntly abusing the return policy. People call out and you have to do their job ON TOP of yours because they refuse to call someone else in. The store is getting busier and they continue to cut working hours. Corporate doesn't care about their employees. I don't see this company lasting very much longer.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
poor management
productive,fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
haven't been there long but loved it overall, great place to work training I would do again. Want a healthy restart on life to eat and shop here.love it
Pros
Free lunch, discounts, great customers
Cons
Front end manager Sucks
Do Not Work or buy anything from there
Baker (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 19, 2018
Worked at Noblesville store for a short time Management is like nothing I have ever seen before in my 40 yrs of work experience and the favoritism is the same. If you’re not a favorite of the store manager than look out .anything you say or do is overlooked and considered as starting drama. In which was not true we all want a nice and fair place to work .This Is anything but that.
Pros
Discount if not afraid to eat it
Cons
Management changing dates on food
Typical Day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 9, 2018
It very seldom got busy there. It felt like you would really have to try and find something to do. There was plenty of free time to clean anything you could find.
ok place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 2, 2018
Assistant manager is not liked by anyone because if you don't hang out with her you are a nobody. This position has gone to her head. I lost my job because I fired one of her party buddies (that I caught stealing) she couldn't protect his job this time so she reported something to corporate that caused me to lose my job
Pros
Store manager is awesome
Cons
assistant store manager should not be in that position shows too much favortism
Overall a nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2018
Money is tight just being an average worker but the hours are nice for part-time.

Hardest part of the job is getting co workers to stay busy.

Most enjoyable is interactions with our customers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
low pay, low hours
No Structure in Management !
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 28, 2018
The Bakery dept was filthy, they don't date the pastry case or any back-up in the cooler.
When you try and do the right thing, you are told to refrain from rocking the boat. Earthfare says, that you get 7 paid holidays, if you work. They won't let you work a holiday after your 90 days so they don't have to pay you at all. No overtime, but they will work you 7 days and have you split your shifts. They use hand jacks, no electric jacks. They have very few double deckers so you have to use shopping carts to move things from the freezer. They get many many trucks a week and it is high volume so you could make your bonus but you will get very minimum hours. . It is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. Stay clear of management , they will not back you up at all. If you decide to stay figure out a plan and trust no one. It should not take long to see these things for yourself. The turnover of employee's is ridiculous. Corporate needs to wake up. If you shop there, you should know they don't like to wash there hands either. Look closer the next time you shop there . If you still want to try it. go high when negotiating your pay. I started at 16 and it was not enough. I called corporate, sent pictures and let them know who is running there store, they do not care !
Pros
a discounted meal (4.99 LB) once a day.
Cons
everything
Terrible
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 27, 2018
Very low pay, the uniform is lame, hard work with no incentives. Only 3% MAX raise a year. Starting pay not much more than min wage. I once heard a regional manager yelling at a store manager on the sales floor. Corporate was very evil.
This Company has amazing culture!
Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 22, 2018
From the moment I started my training, I was so impressed with the company and its values and culture. They have such positive management and work as hard as you do...even more! It was like family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It is an evening/weekend job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earth Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight