Earth Fare Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 2, 2018
Assistant manager is not liked by anyone because if you don't hang out with her you are a nobody. This position has gone to her head. I lost my job because I fired one of her party buddies (that I caught stealing) she couldn't protect his job this time so she reported something to corporate that caused me to lose my job
Pros
Store manager is awesome
Cons
assistant store manager should not be in that position shows too much favortism
Overall a nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2018
Money is tight just being an average worker but the hours are nice for part-time.

Hardest part of the job is getting co workers to stay busy.

Most enjoyable is interactions with our customers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
low pay, low hours
No Structure in Management !
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 28, 2018
The Bakery dept was filthy, they don't date the pastry case or any back-up in the cooler.
When you try and do the right thing, you are told to refrain from rocking the boat. Earthfare says, that you get 7 paid holidays, if you work. They won't let you work a holiday after your 90 days so they don't have to pay you at all. No overtime, but they will work you 7 days and have you split your shifts. They use hand jacks, no electric jacks. They have very few double deckers so you have to use shopping carts to move things from the freezer. They get many many trucks a week and it is high volume so you could make your bonus but you will get very minimum hours. . It is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. Stay clear of management , they will not back you up at all. If you decide to stay figure out a plan and trust no one. It should not take long to see these things for yourself. The turnover of employee's is ridiculous. Corporate needs to wake up. If you shop there, you should know they don't like to wash there hands either. Look closer the next time you shop there . If you still want to try it. go high when negotiating your pay. I started at 16 and it was not enough. I called corporate, sent pictures and let them know who is running there store, they do not care !
Pros
a discounted meal (4.99 LB) once a day.
Cons
everything
Terrible
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 27, 2018
Very low pay, the uniform is lame, hard work with no incentives. Only 3% MAX raise a year. Starting pay not much more than min wage. I once heard a regional manager yelling at a store manager on the sales floor. Corporate was very evil.
This Company has amazing culture!
Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 22, 2018
From the moment I started my training, I was so impressed with the company and its values and culture. They have such positive management and work as hard as you do...even more! It was like family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It is an evening/weekend job.
No complains
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2018
lack of support from upper management and some of the coworkers that made some experiences your but overall. A decent company.............................
Never work here
Baker (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 20, 2018
The food was rotten, the management was poor, they never worked you more than 30 hours in a week. Absolutely terrible workplace. Never take the opportunity to work here unless absolutely necessary.
Pros
Cons
a million
My experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJune 17, 2018
A typical day at Earth Fare was fast paced, and always full of excitement. In my time working there I was able to apply skills I have with food prepping. I had the opportunity to learn additional/helpful skills for the future. The management handled stress to the best of their ability with the company being to fresh and new. The struggle for communication would be my only complaint. Overall the brand of people that graced the store were absolutely some great diverse individuals. Through any struggle, teamwork was very important. People truly came through when times got hard.
Not bad for a short term
Food Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Watauga County, NCJune 14, 2018
The people really make or break this place. Not as much pay as any other leading health food store, so just expect that. They do a good job of working with school schedules and things like that. Lord help the people who get roped into being department managers though, 10 times the responsibility for a few bucks more an hour. You can really feel the place turning from a small, caring, free spirited health food store into a corporate run, hour slashing, product pushing money machine so I don't know how the future of the business looks.
Pros
20% off everything in the store. Wonderful coworkers.
Cons
Managements constant corner cutting, focus being pulled from customers towards profits.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJune 12, 2018
I worked at Earthfare and it is a great place to get started in the grocery business. I learned alot of information on the products that they sell in the stores.
This was a great job with great management
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 11, 2018
The management and customer base were always freindly and had a lot to offer as far as produce knowledge. I felt comfortable coming in everyday and doing my job.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low pay
I think my experience was unique.
Hot Food Station (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 9, 2018
I arrived in Knoxville after my wife got a new job in town. Having no connections, I knew I was going to have to aim for the lower-middle as far as opportunities. I had never seen an Earth Fare before, but likened it to a slightly bigger Trader Joe's or a big box supplement store.

I was hired very quickly and since I had some leverage, (their desperation) I was able to negotiate a higher wage for myself.

I worked for a couple weeks basically full-time, whereas I was only looking for part time. They hired a 17 year old kid, had me train him, then fired me. It was my immediate suspicion that this was a pretty obvious ploy. I later leaned through job sites and message boards that this was not a new tactic.

So... Not the greatest for me. I wonder what went down weeks before my arrival, but the place was in trouble. Managers "managed" and never pitched in in any tactile way. There seemed to be some interesting and nice people there, but we were all spread out into different zones, so there wasn't much socializing.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay, management, culture
cool place to work
Demostration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2018
cool place to work while in school. great discount for healthy foods. the store was also known to have many repeat customers, so it became very easy to relate with them and see them as more than just another face walking in.
Receiving Manager/ Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 26, 2018
Good Work enviroment with good work life balance. Just like every other job with normal daily work activities nothing out of the ordinary. There's room for career advancement.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Pleasant workplace
ASSISTANT PRODUCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLMay 23, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Very comfortable, safe and fun work environment. Exciting and unique products. Good place to grow professionally. Reliable Management and Team.
Pros
Very nice employee discount
Management refused to hire enough people to outfit the store.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 22, 2018
Management would often severely under-staff busy nights stretching everyone thin. The pay at the time was above minimum wage, but all the different jobs you were expected to do and how thinly stretched people were it was too low. Management constantly cut corners at the expense of those doing the work in order to have 'good reports' to send back to the main office. Many of the staff were very cut-throat and would try in any way to get other people fired. Mangers would not take others schedules into account when drawing up their own. Managers would prioritize their own schedules even when told someone couldn't work that night, they'd still be scheduled regardless.
Pros
1 lunch 50% off
Cons
Improper Staffing, Cut-throat, Bad Conditions
Not a company worth staying at for long
Meat Cutter, Dairy, Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 20, 2018
I worked at the Auburn location for three years and had to endure some of the worse costumers and managers I have ever dealt with. The manager that I last had was an overgrown man child that had no business being in charge and basically harassed and bullied me when I asked if I was still employed there after being taken off the schedule for three weeks during hour cuts. You would think after working somewhere for three years as a full time employee that your own job would keep you in the loop
Pros
If you like working in grocery stores
Cons
Poor management, dumb corporation, poor culture, drama, constant hour cuts, bad plumbing, very rude ignorant customers
Good employess
Stocker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 18, 2018
Good work enviornemt people were nice and it was hard workers. Never had any problems with anybody, manager was respectful and understanding of situations.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Wellness Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 14, 2018
Earth Fare is a great place to work. The job is fun, fast paced, and pays decent. Corporate is very supportive of new management and new employees in general and they really do a lot to set you up for success.
Earth Fare job summary
Juice Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2018
I’ve worked there for a year, Management is bad , they treat workers like very poorly and don’t care about them. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there, pay is low and they treat their workers very poorly . They only give yearly raises and those are very very low. They have roaches everywhere and they don’t care. You can see and feel the store running out of bussiness. They don’t seem to be trying to improve anything, coustumer service is also not the best.
Cons
Poor pay, not the best job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earth Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight