Earth Fare Employee Reviews

Not a fan
Bookkeeper & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 11, 2018
The only reason I liked earth fare was for the employees and some of them were lazy. Hard to supervise people who walk off and do as they please without telling people where they're going. The pay is so low that the good one's will just walk out or find better employment opportunities. The customers at checkout were good but some people are just so entitled but that is what customer service is all about and the customers will just eat that up
Pros
nothing really
Cons
low pay
I love working there
Prepared Foods Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLNovember 11, 2018
The work is fun and entertains but I’m looking for a new job because of not being able to pay for College and other expenses on top of it with salary and hours I get at Earth fare.
Pros
20% off
Cons
Short breaks for 6 hours of work
When made aware of your strengths, you will stay in place
Food Service (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 7, 2018
When made aware of where you excel, management will work to keep you there. This makes opportunity for advancement very low, unless you make friends with the right people. Customers are great, my coworkers are great; but management is lacking.
Pros
20% discount, health benefits, discounted meals
Cons
working a skeleton crew, inconsistent scheduling
Earthfare
Asst Store Mgr (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 6, 2018
Great atmosphere. Great people. Love the hours. Didn't like the drive. Wish they were closed on Thanksgiving. Store mgr makes it harder than its supposr to he
Pros
Environmeny
Cons
Open on holiday
Stressful, lack of equipment, and lack of training,
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 2, 2018
It was stressful doing the same task over and over and not provided with all of the equipment needed such as not steel wool pad, gloves, and trash can (complained about it constantly and was told I would receive it the next day, which did not happen). It was tough to take breaks as there was always a lot of work to do, and if left unattended, it gets piled up quickly.

More importantly, I did not receive proper training. I was thrown in and had to figure out how to use the equipment mostly on my own.

I highly recommend getting a speaker and listening to music to help with the monotony and to have something going on in your mind.
Pros
-You get a small discount at Earth Fare
Cons
Little thought is needed for the job which makes the experience mind-numbing, Lack of equipment make the job harder, Very monotonous doing the same task over and over, Your back and feet will hurt after working for a day (or a week)
Scan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2018
Excellent place to work. Busy but not overwhelming. Excellent management team. You learn a lot about having a healthy lifestyle. Meet lots of great people.
nice store
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 31, 2018
Good place to work, upper management needs work however but overall the store I worked in Jacksonville, FL was a nice new store. I would recommend the company overall.
decent office
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCOctober 29, 2018
Decent work environment. There is a gym. It is a nice place to live. It is really just like any other office. Sometimes you forget you are working at a healthy grocery store.
overall good experience
Prepared Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 25, 2018
as far as working there its was sort of good experience the manager cross the line and the most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers there was no hard part on the job
Pros
20% discount
Cons
short breaks
Poor Pay, Good People
Bulk Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 23, 2018
As far as grocery stores go, Earth Fare is pretty reasonable. It's a small store that is rarely super busy, which makes the job less stressful. Despite being a notoriously expensive store, however, the pay is below-average even for most retail stores. Even those who are loyal to the store have to wait years to start getting a decent salary.

It's an easy job, but the pay is simply too low if you're looking to have a career at the store-level.
Pros
20% discount, good benefits, small stores
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities
not bad
Director of perishable operations (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 22, 2018
Haven't worked for earth fare for some time now, but left on good terms. my experience overall was great. rapid promotion, and advancement. company went in different direction and stepped away from core cultural tenets that made it a great place to work.
Co-Manager
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandarin, FLOctober 20, 2018
Good company happened to have a poor manager. I moved to take this position and it was not worth it. Perhaps a different store but Florida was not run well.
Productive, customer focused
Wellness Department Manager/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHOctober 19, 2018
Typical day had me mostly in my department but also in many other areas of the store.
I learned a great deal about my department primarily thru hands on activity.
Would not recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
I would not recommend it. The prices are very high at Earth Fare, so about 50% of the job as a cashier is just handling customer complaints. The place is staffed with a skeleton crew, so you are very overworked. I, personally, wanted more hours, but was turned down. And the pay is only set to meet state minimum wage.
Pros
20% discount, a few coworkers
Cons
No benefits, awful pay
Goid place except managment
Food Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2018
The quality of work of quality changed. Took many short cuts that might hurt people some day. Especially people with food allergies. My boss was the biggest liar. Every day she'd lie about something. Couldn't take it anymore had to leave
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay working hours
Loved the people I worked with and the customers!
Demo coordinator/juice bar, cashier, Produce. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2018
That industry is getting cheaper and cheaper by the day. No quality over quantity anymore. In fact no quantity of employees either. Constant dropping of hours and letting people go to hire someone else for even less money. Most the time 2 or 3 employees would be doing the job that should take at least 5! Customers would get upset also and it didn’t get better.
I had to get out of there because it broke my heart.
Pros
Cool people that do work there.
Cons
They all run their stores like they are up for sale!
2 Stores
Cashier, Bookkeeper, Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC; Summerville, SCOctober 8, 2018
I've worked at 2 different EarthFare locations. My first job was at the Columbia, SC location. I started as a cashier and absolutely fell in love with my front end manager, she was AMAZING. I was very reliable (something i didn't know was hard to find) and was promoted within about 4 months to scan coordinator. My "promotion" did not include a raise and I worked directly under our store manager. She was terrible. Very critical of everything, but never willing to help. Most of the time she would sit in her office with the door closed and blinds drawn. Many times when the lunch rush began and we were short staffed up front (go figure) I would have to leave my work to help, because the manager would not answer pages. I gave a two weeks notice, two weeks before i left, but was told by my manager the day before my last day that i hadn't worked my two weeks notice....like she genuinely thought i had to work exactly 14 days for it to be a notice............................Anyway, I moved to Summerville, SC and originally was not going to go back to EarthFare, but i needed the money badly, so I took up a part time job at that location as a cashier. It was great! Except for one of the Assistant Managers. I loved my front end team, loved my front end manager, i was promoted to a bookeeper AND received a raise! I quit my other job and worked at EarthFare for about 3 more months before finding a more stable, better paying job with benefits.
Pros
not many hours
Cons
not many hours
Charleston location is filthy
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 9, 2018
The place is filthy even after a renovation. 10.50 an hour is the high end. The Charleston location is so disorganized it was embarrassing. Sorry to say Earth Fare won't be in business in 5 years. It's proven that one reason for businesses sucking is low wages.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Gross
Live Longer
Scan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Excellent place to work! I truly enjoy going to work everyday and interacting with my coworkers and customers. I have learned so much about living a healthier lifestyle.
Great place to improve your job skills
Store Management (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 1, 2018
Good opportunity for the motivated. You will need to have patience and like to work hard and learn quickly. Great relocation opportunities for those who have mobility
Pros
discounts
Cons
schedule changes for me week to week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earth Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight