Earth Fare Employee Reviews

Not the greatest place to work at due to very rude/ self-centered managers
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2019
As an bakery clerk it was a fun job! Dealing with customers for assistance or questions was fairly easy. My manager was not the best overall. They wanted things done a certain way.
Pros
Free food after cafe is shut down, listen to music while you do your work
Cons
Very short breaks(5 mins), having to get ingredients from store front
not worth it
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 15, 2019
unresponsive management, does not promote from within to include hiring personnel who are under qualified. the company tries to sweep you under the rug if you try to stand up and do the right thing(polices,procedures, etc)
Keep On Lookin’
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 10, 2019
Poor management, same old “he who works the hardest gets stepped on the most” mentality. Managers are often late to their shifts (even leaving some crew members locked out of the building several early mornings) and don’t seem to take their jobs very seriously in any other aspect either. Management is unprofessional and gossip about one another to the associates, effectively destroying any respect for the management team as a whole and damaging morale for the crew. The benefits and pay are abysmal for most team members, and the company doesn’t seem to believe very much in its own philosophy. Working there is much more like working at any big corporate store than working for a hippie-vibe grass roots style health food store.
Pros
20% discount on groceries
Cons
Very poor management
unethical management
Bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2019
The work was fast paced. However, management played favorites with employees. Management had no idea what they were doing and were very unorganized. The only good was the co-workers.
Poorly managed company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 31, 2019
Earth fare achieves in its mission statement to sell by a boot list, as well as advertise and push the consumption of organic foods and wholesome wellness products. However, earth fare CONSTANTLY fails to achieve consistency and respect as a company throughout its workplace. Workers are taken advantage of, part timers are unknowingly moved around to whoever’s personal liking, and endless drama and apathy plague its’ work environment. The biggest issue this company has and will continue to have is the lack of urgency to fix its several failing stores, PAY ITS WORKERS, and provide consistency through scheduling and job duties.
Pros
discount
Cons
Management, no raises, no benefits
Not the company it was created to be
Specialist (Former Employee) –  SC/NCJanuary 30, 2019
I have worked at Earthfare in several locations and for several years. It was once a company that I was proud to be apart of. The most recent purchase of the company has focused more on profit than on the original idea of healthy, organic food. The employees are treated like cattle, and are overworked or simply useless and making it harder on the employees who do work. Employees stand together for the most part and become family or are turned over to repeat the process of hiring again. Management does the best they can for what they are given to work with. Not the company I believed in and wanted to live by any more. Do not work here unless you are a masochist.
Pros
Family atmosphere with coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work if you get hours
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 28, 2019
I worked there from opening week till a few months later. We were getting a lot of hours but then I was working 11 hours a week. I didn't wanna leave but I had to. I couldn't afford to live while working here. Management is great there just isn't enough hours. The store is in an awkward location and is never truly busy anymore. We struggled to keep produce looking full and customers would see that and become irate. They would then choose to leave and go to another store.
Pros
Good people, great management, fun
Cons
Not enough hours
Most unprofessional company ever
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 26, 2019
New management treats loyal employees as if they are nobody...they have they're favorites...it is a cut throat company with no advancement opportunities
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Everything you can think of
Worse place ever
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 26, 2019
The people I worked with at EarthFare are all great people. The people I work for at EarthFare (store manager) is unkind, vindictive, and has no clue what is going on in the store. She tries to keep her employees down and will not give them the ok to advance themselves at other stores. The people that actually work are the people she rides. You will not be able to live off of the salary you make there. They cut hours so much that you are expected to do at least two or three people's position.
Pros
You can show up late.
Cons
Everything else
Fun job, easy and low stress. Unlivable low wages.
Hot Foods Clerk (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 25, 2019
I would love working here, if the pay was higher. It's literally my only issue. I like the people I work with, management, culture, pace, etc. But the pay is too low for the cost of living in Asheville. I would recommend a minimum $15-18/hour sliding scale based on experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 15, 2019
Was able to learn many things about the industry through this job. I had a great chance to move forward with my skills by teaching myself and learning through experience.
Pros
Getting to work with a great team
Cons
Management sometimes is lacking
Great employees working under challenging corporate model.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I arrived every shift at 5:30 a.m. and began work. I learned a lot about prioritization of duties and time management. Many wonderful people work at Earthfare, but due to low wages, not enough staffing, and lots of turnover, most employees, myself included, found it difficult get ahead and make their departments everything they could be. The best part of the job were my teammates.
It is amazng and laid back work place with great costomer and employee s
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Earth fair was a great place to work and was enjoyed everyday.it was laid-back clean and fun.the employee's were all nice and happy and I loved the costomers.
Pros
50%off when working
Overall pretty bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 8, 2019
Inconsistent hours, inconsistent schedules, and a very high turnover rate. They do not pay employees as well as they boast they do and they will keep as many people at part time as possible to keep from giving them benefits. Being there any amount of time makes no difference to the management, they don’t give out raises and they do not acknowledge the time you’ve spent there. Wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
Good temporary for summer break
Cons
Busy in the day, Dead at night, understaffed, poor management
Amazing
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 7, 2019
I love working at earth Fair it's big enough to where you can learn tools that you need to learn not just in life but in order to do your job better but at the same time it's small enough to where you can become a family with in your work environment they genuinely care about each other and they want to make sure that everybody does the best that they can not just professionally but personally is well
Culturally diverse, hipster kind of store. Great prices by comparison for the quality of goods sold.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wmb780January 7, 2019
I am a current Earthfare employee at 1 of 3 Va locations(un-named). I've worked in grocery retail for the majority of my adult life(40+now)and I can tell you that Earthfare is in fact a great company to work for. I've been employed with Earthfare for under 1 year, but have been promoted twice in that time. I love what the company stands for and wholeheartedly believe they are trendsetters in the industry. So many negative reviews are most likely from employees that weren't worth 2cents an hour. I love the company and what it stands for. I just hope that people come in to my store and see it for themselves.
Pros
High quality goods at competitive prices, growth opportunities, great benefits, employee discount
Cons
Rapidly changing, must be highly adaptable
Very unorganized
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Nothing to say about earthfare as a company. I feel there are to many friends working with friends and poor work ethic in food service department. Which makes my department in bakery stressful.
earth fare
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 29, 2018
earth was an ok place to wrok at. working by yourself in a section was diffcult a lot. i was always asked to help in other departments. i feel like i get not get paid enough for what i did but did sometimes enjoy customers company
Great employees product and guests.
Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 19, 2018
Overall it's a very relaxed environment for the most part. It can be stressful when keeping up with the dinner rush. Management was careless and unmotivated. Products are amazing and guest are usually pleasant. The rate of pay is undesirable.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
poor management and low pay
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GADecember 19, 2018
Great place to work.very good clientele.feels like you are making a difference. I was able to learn many new things and felt that I was helping myself as well as others.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
It was hard work building a new business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earth Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight