Earth Resources Technology, Inc Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Not a good idea
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAApril 12, 2018
ERT took over our contract and then promptly lost it, and laid our group off for over a month till someone else could rebid.

Very little help other than a "goodby"
Enjoyable challenging work.
Junior Metadata Developer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed the work I was given and was very successful in meeting objectives given to me. The people were capable and I would have loved to continue working there. Budget cuts due to Trump's initiative to defund climate science research put an early end to my work there. I was let go because I was the last one they hired.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
ERT is a contractor head hunter subject to government contracts
Family-oriented
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 19, 2018
Good place to work. Managers are reasonable and HR representatives are helpful. Overall work culture is lacking, but it is a lower-stress work environment.
Staff Aug
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 21, 2017
Essentially a staff augmentation firm, focused on federal civilian sector contracts. Primarily located in MD/DC, with offices in several other states.
Nice
Web Designer - NOAA Office of Education (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. It's a good company. I didn't see my manager too often so there was a disconnect but all in all I think this is a great company to work for.
Very good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 23, 2017
I have been with ERT for a little over a year and I have been quite impressed. The company seems to care for their employees. I work offsite but still feel connected to the company. The annual picnic and holiday awards ceremonies are fun.
Pros
Bonuses, Annual performance evaluations
Not a place to work as a safety manager or engineer
SAFETY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  NASA CALIFORNIAMarch 12, 2017
I was hired as a safety manager with all my credentals and certifications. Well after 2 weeks or orentation test (16). I was placed to enter data only. Workers are scared of upper management.
Management from michael up is not really worth working for. Poor medical benefits, workers scared to talk.
Pros
No pros lots of cons
Cons
No employee comrad, Por safety system prejudice
Not a work place to feel connected
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 1, 2016
It was difficult to be promoted since the company prefers to hire new managers constantly. Management plays employees and do not show respect."It is just a job" is what you might get from senior colleagues. Minimum support from the company after you are assigned to work at a government facility. Can not feel stable and secure.
Cons
Unstable management, not loyal to senior employees, and low wages
Not a recommended place to work
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 1, 2015
This company is always trying to make their bids more competitive by cutting its employee's benefit. Such a strategy makes the market more miserable.
Pros
good place to learn new techs because you have to do everything by yourself
Cons
horrible benefits
Challenging enviroment where the client dictates the worok load.
Senior Industrial Hygienist (Current Employee) –  NASA Ames Research CenterJune 22, 2015
ERT has tried to implement changes but the client does not want change they want a lot of extra work done under the guise of tasks as direct4ed. Company is compensated very well but the employees are not.
Pros
never ending workload
Cons
no real benifits or sense of satisfaction.
Below average company
Sr. Duty Controller (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 5, 2014
In a 12 hour shift I downloaded daily orbit vectors. I fielded calls from Coast Guard and Air Force personnel. I worked independently, without management supervision. I had to make sure all systems were working properly, or take corrective steps if they were not.
Cons
Not loyal to employees
Comfortable work place and conservative evironment
Financial Analyst, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 26, 2014
Very solid and growing company with clear business goals and perspectives.

Conservative firm culture with nice employees and delighting work atmosphere.

Challenging tasks every now and then but with coordination from colleagues they will be tackled down real quick.

Learned the structure of financial statement preparation and calculations as well as financial analysis to support P&L and business development.
Not managed well
Hazardous Waste Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 22, 2013
My previous company lost the contract to ERT and so my position was transferred. The transfer process was not managed well and was not very well organized. My compensation that was promised from my previous employer was not honored and I do not have high hopes for any employment growth. The management personnel are very friendly and try to be as helpful as they can.
Pros
friendly personnel
Cons
Human Resources
Working in the field outside of DC presents advancement problems
NOAA Office of Coast Survey Navigation Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 18, 2012
While work/life balance is good my ERT supervisors have little daily interaction with myself, especially considering I am not in a technical-specific role (engineering, IT support, etc). Advancement is limited by government budget constraints and does not seem to be dependent upon performance reviews. Much like many contract jobs employees likely must seek additional job opportunities elsewhere as the contract money is maxed out.
office support is substandard and see below review
UXO Tech (Former Employee) –  Sandy Hook, NJApril 9, 2012
Per Diem has taken as long as 5 weeks for the first check.
never know what they are going to pay for travel.
told you would be going to the next job and not even getting a call to tell you that job has started and they don't need you after turning down other jobs, so you would not leave them hanging to fill their slot.
All in all I don't think I'd work for them again. and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

work conditions when you were working were on par with industry standards.

also put you up in they cheapest place available. so living standards were low at best.
Pros
one step better than unemployment, and they offered 401k, not many pros with this company
Cons
see above review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Earth Resources Technology, Inc Reviews by Location