EarthLink

EarthLink Employee Reviews

EarthLink insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Earthink

It was good company until all the megers happened. Most of my senior management was on east coast and did not how our systems worked. We were merging 3 different into one system. This caused multiple crashes and customer lost data.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Senior management

Great Place to Work

I worked at EarthLink Network for nearly 10 years. It was a great place to work. There were lots of employee perks back in the day such as holiday parties, picnics, etc.

vengeful management

poor leaders, terrible training, stressful, liars who aggressively deny responsibility for toxic culture. I would never suggest working with or for this company. They never provide raises and constantly make excuses.

Pros

Cons

everything

Good Culture amazing people.

When I worked for this company it was a good place but not too much advancement opportunities but overall decent and ok pay. Management during the time was amazing then as it grew they lost what the culture was prior and it’s all political vs the family ambience culture they used to have.

Pros

Medical, Dental, 401k

Cons

Bad with relocating opportunities

Good company to work for

I worked at Earthlink for 5 years. I enjoyed the people I worked with and received good training and was promoted 3 times. I had no negative experiences there.

Pros

good health insurance, good pay

Cons

installations were difficult to manage sometimes

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Feels like a family

Everyone is so willing to help and support each other. Leadership shares as much information as you can assimilate. Leadership is available as well. Managers look out for their people and make their Jon easier.

Program Development

Earthlinks is a great place. All staff and participants are considered equal and operate in a shared space. No day was the same, always got assigned task to accomplish. The most enjoyable part of my role was getting to see individuals succeed and become reintegrated in a community.

Culture is not good

this company is top-heavy and the workloads are out of control. I was always being moved around into different roles. Training for these roles was the worst, it was sink or swim.

Not a fan

Earthlink wasn’t bad, but they were bought by Windstream and are no more. Windstream took over, essentially has done mass lay offs, bankruptcy etc and is a slowly sinking ship.

Productive & Fun Workplace

When working for EarthLink we were very customer focused and also employee focused. The company provided bonus plans for all employees initially. This later changed and was only offered to salaried employees. Bonus plans help to motivate employees, above and beyond their own drive to please the customer & Management. There were a lot of fun events that EarthLink set up for employees which would include prizes and a lot of fun. It was a very fun place to work, corporate but in a fun way.

Jobs at EarthLink

See more jobs

Company is in constant flux

The company is in constant flux. It seems they are always trying to take the company in a different direction. Now since the bankruptcy, they seem like they are finally staring to focus on what they want the company to be going forward. However, now we face round after round of layoffs to cut costs.

Worked from home

I was promised to be reimbursed for using some of our utilities and they never held to that promise and the benefits were very expensive especially when you are trying to care for a family.

fun workplace

The day/day operations at Windstream were hectic at times, however, the workload and responsibilities made my position as an operations manager rewarding. My markets of responsibilities were in western NY and western PA. As such, there was considerable traveling required in meeting with my team and visiting the various sites. it was enjoyable to work with such talented colleagues.

Very relaxed

Great company and people but not very professional. I worked here out of college and went to work with flip flops which was nice, f or a time. But it's time to grow up.

A good place to work if you need a job

Need more improvement but if you need a job they good to wrok for. People there are very nice and don't mine helping you. But they need more help on organize

Former EarthLink

EarthLink was a great company to work for... care for their customers and employees was high priority. Employees were given a voice to help drive change.

Not the company it once was

EarthLink used to be a key player in the industry as well as in Atlanta. Right now, it seems to be a shadow of its former greatness. Perhaps it's reached a point where there is opportunity for it to grow and reclaim some of its former glory?

They supplied sandwiches for a 1$always had free coffee and drinks. The lounges had couches to lay down on and pool and shuffle board, foos ball, was an excellent place with great managers.

It was fun.

It was fun. Coworkers were pleasant, supervisors were always there just in case you had escalated customer service needs, customers were sometimes irate but then again...who wouldn’t be if they were not getting the service they were suppose to?

I enjoyed working at EarthLink.

I enjoyed working at EarthLink. The environment was laid back, and my coworkers were more like a big family. The manager was very kind to me, and always did fun activities for the employees. During the holidays we were provided good food and a fun atmosphere. The call lines were either back to back, or slow. Everyday was different. Our department was closed, that’s the only reason we all left.

Before the Windstream acquisition, it was a great environment and fun place to work. Very challenging, but very rewarding also. It really felt like family there

Pros

Management looked out for their employees

Cons

It was A CLEC so that's challenging to turn revenue from

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EarthLink. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.9
InHerSight Score
4.9Personal Development
4.9Career Opportunities
4.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight