East Alabama Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

Poor Management
None (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 3, 2019
Got a call from HR for an interview. Got the run a round after interview. Got a job offer, but then HR sent email stating that job offer would be internal. HR then gave another job offer and gave me the run around again. I tried emailing HR, but she would never respond, called for days she would never return my calls. Why offer the job and not follow through when she could have just been honest. She had me go meet a supervisor at a group home and I didn't hear back from that position either, she kept giving me the run around with different positions, fast foward received an email six months later telling me I didn't qualify for a position I never applied for WOW. So glad I didn't get to work for this poorly managed company. I really dodged a bullet.
Toxic , stressful environment
Acting Director (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 16, 2019
During my tenure at EAMH , I received a promotion, from MHT to Acting Program Director . Which meant I was the scapegoat for the companies inadequacies for this specific program. While working at this fast paced program, I asked for help and received nothing in return. The manager I was “assisting” was always no where to be found and only helped via text message. This company breeds off of reactive management, so if this is your style , please apply .
Pros
Working with individuals/clients
Cons
Pay, management, work conditions .
Not a job for the long run
Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 15, 2019
This job is ok for a stepping stone, but it is not good for the long run. The pay does not reflect all that is required of you, and management is poor. Training is not adequate, and employee vetting is horrible. The pay is the worst part, for people with Bachelor degrees they offer $7.25 starting off.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management
Productivity
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 12, 2018
The work environment was enjoyable and I was happy to come to work. The one thing that lacks is the lack of management. The hardest part of the job was that the supervisor didn't follow their rules but expected each employee to abide by them.
Program Manager/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 28, 2017
Typical day consisted of seeing clients for session. I learned different skills to assist clients with coping with various. I also learned protocol for day operations of an Adult Day Service for Mental Health Clients. I enjoyed working with the clients
Pros
Paid Vacation and Sick Days
Poor Management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 6, 2017
Working at EAMHC was okay but it was too many unnecessary training classes that was mandatory that each person had to attend. The pay was horrible for regular staff and staff that worked in management in the group homes that had degrees. I actually had to work 60 hours a week to bring home a decent check. I don't recommend people who are trying to advance their career to work there because they don't have nothing to offer. They also look over issues within the workplace by letting things slide instead of correcting the issue. I loved the mental patients but not the job itself.
Pros
going on group outings and events
Cons
poor management, poor pay
very unprofessional
Adult Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Salem, ALJune 5, 2017
rude, leadership does not care about your well being. they show favoritism. I have been shorted out of my money several times. I would recommend only working part time or relief with them.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Terrible place to work/ Management unprofessional
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 15, 2017
I worked with Eamhc for a year and half. The entire time it was very unprofessional. Management doesn't care about you long as it doesn't effect them. I loved my individuals and some co workers that's the only thing I miss about it. When you need things done you'll have to do them yourself. They're under staff and the people they do have they don't appreciate them enough. The people who actually does their job, shows great job performance get mistreated.I would never ever work for them again but I did gain more experience within the field
Pros
Flexibility, easy work, working with individuals
Cons
Management unprofessional, under paid, no room for advancement, not sanitary
Management sucks
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 11, 2017
I was forced to leave because someone started rumors about me and people complained to HR. I did love my job but everyone is messy and don't even bring up harassment of any kind, they don't care.
Busy workplace
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day consist of working with individuals with daily tasks; such as hygiene, getting dressed, cooking, exercising, and cleaning. Management was mediocre at best.
Pros
Easy to get a hang of.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 7, 2016
Met their patients needs could be challenging at times place was kept clean provided 24hour care. Always was staffed could see a difference in patient after their stay
Fun workplace
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 12, 2016
I taught adults with intellectual disabilities life skills as well as showed them ways to be a productive member in society.
The individuals and staff are great. They make it a fun place to work
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 2, 2015
The individuals and staff are great. They make it a fun place to work. Due to the injuries I have received while working on the job, it's just time for a change. Thank you
adequate to needs
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AlOctober 7, 2014
adequate to needs to assist with providing for individual needs on a individual, family and group basis
benefits
Cons
Fast pace, but flexible hours
Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 15, 2013
Working with kids all with alongside a great Prevention staff.