East Bay Agency for Children

East Bay Agency for Children Employee Reviews

very busy
its difficult to balance work and home life at times, but it isn't impossible. Depending on the supervisor you have, depends on the experience you will have. Lots to learn, which is great or growing as a new clinician.
East Bay Agency For Children is great
Highly recommended. The staff really believes in their mission, and they truly support the clinicians. As long as you have good time management and organizational skills, it is possible to have a work/life balance.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not paid enough to live in the Bay Area
A challenging and rewarding agency
East Bay Agency for Children is a collaborative workplace and has earned top workplace for five or more times. The senior management team is receptive to ideas and care about the clients and the staff.
Great
They have a great community of employees with a great culture, it is quite interesting working so closely with kids, i think there is plenty of room for growth but great hours.
Horrible management
The management is unskilled at dealing with cultures that are different from theirs. They speak a lot about inclusivity however the management is primarily white and female and they totally lack the skills to support individuals working with urban populations.
Cons
Lack of support, lack of knowledge and support around compassionate fatigue, operates like a fortune 500 companies and pays employees like a non-profit.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
School Based Behavioral Services
The program felt somewhat disorganized, lots of paperwork due to MediCal billing, quality of supervisors varies widely as does quality of placement sites.
Lots of work, good clinical experience
I worked for EBAC as a practicum site through the Circle of Care program. They expected trainees to take on 12 clients rather than the average 6-10. Work load was heavy, much heavier than the contract indicated- (indicated 24 hours/week and was closer to 34).

Despite hard work, heavier case load for trainees than is the norm, and long hours Circle of Care offered no stipend or pay.

They try hard to create a friendly culture, and that sometimes comes through. Orientation is strength based and person centered. Many set training dates were brushed off, and were set for doing more paperwork instead which was disappointing.

Overall, I would not recommend doing a traineeship there, unless you are interested in working hard for nothing.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Lots of hard work, no pay
Amazing place to work
I really enjoyed my experience and I would go back any day! The staff are all very friendly and will support you when you need something.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at East Bay Agency for Children?
good working envioronment. Difficult to balance work and home life at times but over all a fun place to work.
Great benifites, great work environment. Flexability and responsive management staff. Inovative and encouraging for interns to grow and explore variety of different trainings. Posibility to move upward within the comany and many opportunities to do so. Job is demanding and it is important that maintains a balance to stay grounded to do the job well.
Pros
paid breaks and great benifits.
Cons
highly stessfull regarding administration work.
Collaborative work environment geared to promoting mental health awareness in individuals K-12
Please read: related work experience

Management (Supervisors) has provided me with plenty of opportunities to learn and development strategies for promoting mental health awareness in individuals K-12.

I've learned a lot about MediCAL billing as well as therapeutic strategies: cognitive behavioral, structural family, filial, etc.

I rarely see my co-workers as we work at different East Bay schools (e.g., Hayward Unified, Oakland Unified, San Leandro Unified, etc.); however, we do have opportunities to communicate via email, case audits, weekly supervisions, etc.

I enjoy all aspects of my job. I've studied to be in the position I am in and will continue to work hard because I believe mental health is a serious deficiency individuals need to learn.
Pros
Experience, Supervision, Practice, Knowledge
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, No salary
A typical day at work.
A typical day at work is extremely busy. I along with other staff are problem solving and assisting the teacher with all academic areas. I also organize outdoor activities on all daily basis. I learned calming techniques and various methods to approach difficult situations. I am able to manage several students independently. The hardest part of my job is to make sure i have a smile on my face when the kids are fighting and out of control. It is hard to be pleasant and not take it personal when being physically attacked by the clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids successfully graduate from day treatment and move onto a higher level of care.
Pros
9 weeks off a year with pay.
Cons
short breaks and possible injuries due to job title.
Very challenging work, yet not great pay or upper management suporrtt
My day started prior to the beginning of each school day to facilitate a staff meeting to plan for the day. Once the students arrived facilitate a brief check in group to settle the students and assess for potential issues, At this point - if the students seems settled I return to my desk or office to check emails, complete necessary reports etc. On days where the classroom was unsettled I would assist staff in behavior management focused on keep each student as engaged with the school day as possible with danger or disruption. much of a typical day was dependent the student's behaviors related to their mental health diagnosis.Staff meeting following the school day between educational?school district staff and mental health staff to collaborate and develop a united, unified approach and resolve and conflicts or communications

I had virtually no contact with upper management unless it was a meeting day or needed to report a crisis situation. My fellow team members were supportive with each other and collaborate to support the students to the best of their abilities.

The hardest part of the job was trying to collaborate with administrative and educational staff who don't have mental health and well being of the students as important. Team conflicts can make this challenging work with the kids pointless.

Most enjoyable part of this job was mentoring staff, watching them develop both wit their confidence and skills. Just as watching the impact the program and staff can have on the students,the families, and and small progressive improvements.
Pros
Great supportive teams
Cons
salary, upper management blaming staff for systemic issues
Challenging yet rewarding work
Very challenging work. Heavy emphasis on documentation. Great co-workers. Management is out of touch with direct work. Not very strength based. Most enjoyable was direct work with staff, clients and families
Pros
can accumulate hours of experience to becoming licensed
Cons
no breaks, management does not tend to recognize strong performers
Excellent company making a difference in children's lives
Excellent company that it is truly making a difference in children's lives. They offer after school programs in the arts to children who would never be able to have exposure in these fields of study in a public school environment. Very rewarding to teach children in a very creative environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Bay Agency for Children. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8