East Bay Community Action Program Employee Reviews

Interdisciplinary Work Culture
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 20, 2019
East Bay Community Action Program is a large health and human service agency, that allows for many opportunities for their employees to work in collaborative groups across different departments.

There are also many opportunities for employees to work autonomously.
Underpaid, terrible management
Residential Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Group HomeMarch 20, 2019
Non-competitive pay! Extremely poor management in the group homes. Supervisors doesn't care about employees and thinks of you as disposable. Supervisors are lazy. Coworkers don't know how to do their job. Coworkers do not follow rules and are incompetent. Management won't fire lazy employees.
Pros
leaving
Cons
poor pay, poor management, high turnover, employees not appreciated
Case manager (Current Employee) –  803 willet ave, river side, east providenceSeptember 14, 2018
I see them to be a good people to work with, family and they always show care for their staff and their clients that is a very good place to work and it is also in providence that is find for me.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Showing care for the individuals we served.
good job
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 14, 2018
Enjoyed the job and working with children and families. The only reason I left this job was because my husband got a job out of state and we had to relocate
good hearted people, approachable, but the technology and infrastructure need development
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrington, RIMay 1, 2018
Good kind professionals who care about the walking wounded. I struggle with the technology hiccups and lack of clear policies and procedures. There are days it is rewarding because the atmosphere is warm and friendly
Pros
kind and caring professionals
Cons
technology and infrastructure -inter communication
good place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 10, 2017
good place to work at everyone was nice and friendly. staff was fleixble with hours and are helpful and caring people. nice enviorment to work in with one another
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 5, 2017
EBCAP has many opportunities to work with diverse populations in a variety of settings. Everyone is eager to help and learn. Great agency to work for.
wonderful work place
Clinician (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIFebruary 16, 2017
EBCAP is a great place to work as a clinician! Flexible schedule and great support from fellow staff. Workplace culture is extremely laid back and relaxing. The hardest part of the job I would say is dealing with difficult clients. The best part of the job is being able to help people on a daily basis.
Pros
fellow co-workers, flexible schedules, pay, supervisions
Cons
clients can be stressful at times
Productive and Fun
Food Pantry Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 11, 2017
at the food pantry id start my day early in the morning to pick up donations form other grocery stores and then, go to the food pantry and stock them before we'd open. when the clients came in id pack their bags individually and put them in the system. the end of my day i would clean the pantry and maintain a good appearance
great place to work and wonderful staff
Executive Secretary to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJanuary 10, 2017
provided total clerical support the the CEO. Very busy position but rewarding to be able to help those less fortunate. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Good benefits, great staff
Cons
long commute
Mental Health is awesome
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Barrington, RIDecember 4, 2016
I work in the mental health department. I love my team and feel well supported. It's one of the few places that pay based on education and experience in the non-profit world.
Pros
Great staff, comfortable work environment
Cons
EHR program is buggy
good starting off place to work
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RINovember 21, 2016
good place to start, good stepping stone towards something better in the future, hard to balance work life. Benefits stink, pay is too low, demand on documentation is ridiculous
Very encouraging and helpful
Farm Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 8, 2015
They helped me every step of the way while applying for a job and also taught us what was needed for all jobs when you apply. They will teach you the basic from what is needed in a resume, cover letter, and an interview, and how to dress for work depending on the job. They have many different jobs to choose from and you almost always got the job you wanted, except for when there were too many people who signed up. If all the slots are taken, then the program will help you find another job that is not on the list they have.
I really enjoyed my time with EBCAP and even after leaving, if you show you are a great worker, they may try to keep in touch with you. They even offered to help find me a job or a different program when I had to move!
Pros
Helpful, Understanding, Encouraging.
Helping those in need was rewarding beyond words
Energy Auditor / Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 18, 2014
Each day was a new challenge as you never knew what was going to come across you path that day. I learned about so many resources we have to help people in need, as about so many we are lacking. I enjoyed working in a team environment, and also alone as my positions had both aspects to them. Helping people is the greatest job of all.
Not a good place to work
Volunteer Housing Advocate (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 2, 2014
Only good if you look exactly like the majority of the employees there.