East Bay Innovations Employee Reviews

EBI is Awesome!
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 27, 2018
EBI is great! I started out at the front desk and am now in a manager position and they have been treating me very well since I started out. My supervisors are great, always listens to what I say and I am very proud to be a part of this company.

I see most of these reviews are subpar because of the wage, but that's the non-profit life and it shouldn't affect this company's rating.
Pros
Very rewarding work, great management and very welcoming environment for everyone.
Cons
Nothing I can think of...
Rewarding but hard to live comfortably off of the wage
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 19, 2018
I enjoy the work because its rewarding. The wage and benefits being what they are make it hard to live comfortably in the bay area. Management isn't always great about explaining the reasoning behind a decision and that is important part of my processing.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
wage, benefits, full explanations
Fulfilling place to work
Supported Employment (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 27, 2018
I've worked at EBI for almost 5 years and have worked in a few different positions. Everyone at EBI has the best interest of the clients in mind; taking the time and the care to listen to client needs and to put those above anything else. EBI consistently shows that their daily work is reflective of their mission statement and aligned with their philosophy of empowering individuals with disabilities.
working in the Community, with people with disabilities making a difference
Community Living Assitant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 3, 2018
I have worked for East Bay Innovations for nearly 12 years, and it is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I am now sliding into retirement and have moved from full time , to part time. I can see myself working 3 days a week well into my 70's.

I learned that I can satisfy an idelogical vision of respecting people's humanity as I earn a living! I found that management is very respectful of me and my deepest passion to contribute to a world where everyone's needs matter and have a voice. And finally
I have been given the space to build very meaningul relationship with the people with disabilities that I serve. Plus I have had and will continue to have fun!
Pros
important contributions, feeling I am making a difference
Cons
The pay......but that is not EBI's fault ....it is what the market can bear as a non profit
Non-profit
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 9, 2017
-A typical day; Meet 4-6 clients from case load, following schedule
-What you learned; Patience, how to manage my own work schedule, and how to work with different personalities
-Management; unorganized, poor communication, and favoritism
-Workplace culture; Non-existing, people rarely work together as a team, very independent work
-Hardest part of the job; inconsistent work schedule- not getting paid because client is unavailable to meet or did not have enough clients in case load to build a full 8 hour work day
-Working with clients, assisting them to reach there goals and watching them grow
Pros
Manage own schedule
Cons
Unorganized
The management will not allow you to positively navigate throughout your career
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 8, 2017
The management is very poor, as a company that has majority senior employees the company is very close minded and not open to making changes and are very set on maintaining old established ways by senior employees. When the managers rotate into new senior positions it is impossible to introduce new methods and expected that all procedures are to stay in place. This is not a employee friendly company.
Cons
Mandatory nights weekends over nights and holidays are required
Decent workplace environment, but...
CDS PERSONAL ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 13, 2017
The staff are all great and the clients are wonderful, but the pay and the hours required being put into the job are not worth it. I can't live on this job.
Nice
SUPPORTIVE LIVING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA 94577August 15, 2017
East Bay Innovations is a great place to work for me because if you love working with people with special disabilities then this is the place for you.
Very Dedicated Company
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 5, 2017
Very compassionate and caring for each client. Shows interest on whats best for the clients. Makes sure clients are comfortable and familiar with their caregiver.
Pros
If you are passionate about helping people then this is perfect fror yo u
Cons
No cons I loved working here it was a very fulfilling job
An okay place to get job experience
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 12, 2017
Working with clients is great, but there is no training or consistency in the position. There is a lot of required driving and milage reimbursement is low also
Pros
clients are wonderful
Cons
low pay, healthcare not great
The clients are awesome to work with!
Community Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 24, 2016
The clients are awesome to work with! The work hours are flexible and the staff are pretty friendly to work with. The company seems to have too many turn over.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too many Turn overs
Great client's fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 30, 2016
The mission of East Bay Innovations is to work with physically or mentally challenged people to keep them independent and in their own homes, this appealed to me very much. The clients are great and generally always want to be out in the community and on the go. Some clients attended classes or go to daycare programs. The case managers are always there for the caregiver and are always ready to lend a hand if needed. This was a great work experience.
Pros
Make your own work schedule.
Cons
Health care
Could use some major improvements
Community Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 8, 2015
I didn't receive adequate training, my supervisor was not a great one at all, and this company does not pay well for what is required of their employees.
Pros
Rewards every now and then
Cons
Too many to count
ok company
support living services (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 25, 2014
I love working with my clients and helping people with disabilities
Pros
making my own schudle
Cons
not enough pay
Want to learn new task.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 10, 2013
A typical day at work is pretty flexible.
What I learned is payroll, data entry, and time sheet filing.
The hardest part of this job is the change of the hours everyday.
Pros
Everybody is working to get that money.
Cons
Working more hours every week.
okey
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 24, 2013
it was good and fun. Very good management and they always put their employees first.
Pros
everything
Cons
everything
Needs better communication, overall a okay job
Assisting disabled adults (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 2, 2013
This job is great for students who are starting out in the work force world.
Great place to work with a Great Philosphy
Community Support Facilitator-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 10, 2012
A typical workday is a little stressful..but it has a Huge payoff. The management is very much client centered..but they do make room to help you with any struggles you may encounter..but this has a great deal to do with who your direct supervisor is and how freed up they are..the only downfall. Coworkers are people from all walks a life depending on your personality and how well you play with others this can be a blessing or a curse. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be motivating your consumers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your work environment changes daily and that breaks up the monotony also you are surrounded in a diverse work environment which is something that is very good. Also you feel as if you are really supporting people with Developmental Disabilities achieve there best..so you feel good about the work you do.
Pros
great benefits, every changing work environment
Cons
a little underrepresented by mangement
Productive and Fulfilling in a Day's work
Community Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 10, 2012
My job was great. I worked one on one with mentally disabled clients. This job provided me with skills prepared to tackle any tasks, such as:

-Flexibility
-Ability to multi-task
-Ability to exercise good judgment
-Ability to prioritize under changing circumstances
-Strong customer service orientation
-Reliability and dependability
-Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
-Ability to effectively apply rules to varied circumstances
Pros
communication with team, seeing my difference in someone's life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Bay Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.

East Bay Innovations Reviews by Location