East Carolina University
4.3

East Carolina University Employee Reviews

United States480 reviews
Graduate Assistant
I was employed as a graduate assistant for the full time I attended their program. I enjoyed every professor I worked with and loved the environment as a whole.
Wonderful
I loved working for East Carolina University. My experience was absoulutley lovely since day 1. I throughly enjoyed the staff, management, and environment of Intramural Sports.
Athletes Trained Hard
I looked forward to going to work everyday. The athletes we worked with were always motivated to give us their best effort and they competed like their lives were at stake in every exercise and every drill.
Great place to get experience.
In my internship of a teacher's assistant, I wasn't paid because this was purely a volunteer opportunity presented to me by one of my Spanish professors/mentor. I love working with students on learning a new language, and this really helped give me classroom and hands-on experience.
Great place to work, friendly, and professional atmosphere!!
I love working for ECU, the employees, and staff is courteous, team oriented, and goes above and beyond to make sure the employees are treated fair, with respect, and goes above and beyond to assist with any questions or concerns.
Pros
Schedule Flexible
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great Place to work
Working at the writing center at East Carolina University is amazing. I can help people with something I love. And my bosses know how to back you up when something goes wrong.
Supportive Environment
I immediately felt part of a family when I started working at ECU. So many of the people I first met were alumni and long-time employees, which indicated ECU would be a good place to work. Salary is OK, but the state benefits are very good.
Good place for first job
Good place for a first job. The normal work day differs for every position so keep that in mind. Everything will depend on what type of job you have here and in what department.
Total lack of administrative support
The environment was toxic. There was no room for suggestions for improvement. The administrative hierarchy was unprofessional, petty, and unswayed by good professionals leaving. The dean was grossly unqualified. He got his job solely by political pressure from the community and the board of visitors.
Good Place to Work
ECU has a wealth of employees who care about the quality of their work and service to the community. Sometimes the robustness of a management staff lacks. Fair and stable pay for the area.
Pleasant work environment
I enjoy working with the staff and students at East Carolina University.. really enjoy the interaction and conversation as well as the hands on opportunity to help the teams and organizations
Very friendly and helpful atmosphere.
10/10. I was very pleased to have the opportunity to learn more about Dental Medicine at ECU. ECU has several operatories. I loved being in the Pediatric/Ortho office.
Pros
Campus was awesome.
Cons
I don't have anything bad to say about ECU.
Do More With Less
Be prepared to voice your concerns or you will be used and taken for granted. If you are a hardworker, more work will be given and the slackers have work taken away.
Dynamic, Positive Workplace
If you enjoy working with college age people, this is a fantastic opportunity! The environment is dynamic and no two days are the same. It's a faced-paced, typical university culture with many opportunities to have impacts on students and colleagues.
Driven workplace with a desire for excellence.
I enjoyed working at East Carolina University because of their desire to equip both their educators and students to make a positive impact on the world around them.
Fun work environment
I loved my time here. My only issue is the lack of benefits and overall lack of job security. The grants that are provided are wonderful until they run out then your out of a job
Love the lab
The lab work is very rewarding and my manager was very easy to work with. I really enjoyed the research and was able to work with many interesting people. The work was very fulfilling and I had a lot of fun learning the ins and outs of the research.
This job is super fun
Working a basketball game is fun, but getting to sit courtside while you do your job is even more fun. I don't want this season to end soon. Everyone is always nice every day.
Positive work environment
Incredible knowledge and work ethic among staff members. Employees seek to bring out the best in each other. Facilities are incredible and well maintained.
Management is lazy and just smokes and reads Fox News all day.
My direct supervisor did nothing. No meetings. I mean ever. No goals outlined. No training. No task assignments. No budget for tools. A 10 minute job took all day because of the scavenger hunt needed for tools and parts. It was a low paying job with good state benefits. No professional growth will occur. It is a place to sit around and get paid to do nothing, learn nothing. if you have no motivation and are stuck in Greenville it does have a lot of days off and low expectations of everyone.
Benefits
Cons
Management is terrible
Lack Of leadership
Do not want you to take time off if you do your questioned as If your lying. Mgr talks about people to staff as well as director. Favoritism at finest
Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight