East Carolina University Employee Reviews

Productive and conducive for growth
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 7, 2018
Great place to work in IT. Only limitation is the state budget constraints regarding salary, departmental budgets, and training. The IT department specifically is full of bright minds. Cross-team collaboration is encouraged and happens often.
Educational
Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my Adjunct Faculty Status after graduation. The students were ready and motivated to learn. The faculty was supportive. The administration was supportive at times.
Pros
Familiar with the system
Cons
Lack of pay and incentive to stay
Stuent Centered Envrionment
Instructor, First Year Seminar (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 25, 2018
Student Affairs goes above and beyond to ensure students get the resources they need to be successful. For students the campus is friendly and inviting.
Decent group of PI's not the best school
Research Assistant/Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 19, 2018
Brody School of Medicine at ECU has quite a few great PI's that are consistently pushing the limits of science. The problem however is that the school is small with a poor reputation so funding is challenging to receive. In addition to this departmental conflicts have a negative impact on students and the department as a whole.
Wonderful Experience for students seeking to make money while teaching on campus.
STEM Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 11, 2018
A typical day at work honestly depends on your exact campus job position at ECU.

The position I held as a Biology LA, was a wonderful experience that really helped me grow as an individual. The work environment was very good and so were the employers/coworkers, everyone went out of their way to be kind and helpful, even when you make mistakes they really helped you fix them. They enjoy helping students and give you a real appreciation for all that they do to accommodate your schedule and needs.
Pros
Clear terms and expectations, Great Work Environment
Great Think Tank
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 11, 2018
You will be very busy - but you will develop and have more opportunities for professional and personal growth and research than many other colleges. Management in the nursing department is effective and efficient.
Very flexible for a student
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 8, 2018
The typical day at the office was to provide excellent customer service to the staff, students, and families were on campus, as well as service the students that lived on campus. Aside from move-in/out day, the job had a lot of downtime for students working there. it was feasible to work on school work their while performing your responsibilities at the front desk. the hours are also flexible with the staffing, so it doesn't interfere with your class schedule.
Pros
flexiblity
An "ok" place to work.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Very costly insurance for family coverage.
Would not recommend for the creative at heart.
Allows some teelwork.
Lack of promotional and or advancement opportunites.
Pros
allow some telework
Cons
high cost of healthcare, generally no wage increases
Low Pay
University Program Specialist/Web Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Paid way below market. The atmosphere in most departments is the top is lazy and the people paid the least do the most. Nice people along the way but poor management is the culture.
My jobs at ECU
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I had multiple jobs and East Carolina University. These jobs included: undergraduate research assistant, computer lab manager, and a resident adviser. These jobs had all specific goals that had to be met at specific deadlines. Thus, they were all time management intensive, especially when balancing school, social, and work life.
Pros
Excellent way to connect with the community
Cons
Intensive time management skills required
Good Place
Senior Games Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
I learned alot from being at ECU. I majored in health fitness specialist. Throughout my time at ecu loads of knowledge was accessible daily. I would recommend ECU to anyone.
Good place for assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 14, 2018
ECU is a good place to complete an assistantship. The professors are flexible, friendly and clearly communicate their wants and needs. Compensation is fair.
Pros
Flexibility
ecu
Director, Development (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 10, 2018
it is an up and coming university with lots of potential. i am glad to have worked there with an amazing leader. they believe in the mission of serving the east.
Ecu
Study Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 7, 2018
Great school, great atmosphere, great sports. Had a blast my four years there. Top notch science, business, nursing, and research programs. Would highly recommend
Good Student Work Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Quality experience for a student, decent compensation and opportunity to network. Worked in the computer lab, in an office, and alongside faculty in research and publication
I am a graduate student
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 25, 2018
I enjoy the experience I think the teachers are well informed and very involved. I would recommend attending East Carolina to those looking to further their education.
Stable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2018
Working at East Carolina University I have been given a stable job, which I would hope to make a career. They have great benefits and, in my position, an 8-5 work schedule. The university is very large and they employ many people.
Pros
Healthcare, hours, Pto
Cons
Stressful unnecessarily at times
Creative and Collaborative Place to Work
Associate Director of Space Planning (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 22, 2018
ECU is a creative and collaborative place to work with opportunities to grow professionally and academically. The faculty, staff and students challenge everyone to do and be their best. I have learned that my colleagues can be a catalyst for idea creation and subsequent implementation to better manage process improvement. The hardest part of my job is work-life balance, which is true for most people. The best part of my job is providing solutions to what appear to be impossible challenges.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Health benefits can be costly
Quiet and focused workplace
Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2018
Great place to work, has provided me with many opportunities to advance my educations and get certifications, etc. I valued my time here and the knowledge and trust I've gained has been excellent.
Stressful workplace
Principal (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work was extremely stressful and dangerous. I worked with students who had severe behavior/emotional challenges in which my staff nor I were prepared for.
I learned that we needed more supports in meeting the needs of our students to ensure they were academically and personally successful.
My supervisors/directors were not involved unless a major issue came about.
The culture was family-knit but stressful.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to effectively help our students succeed.
The most enjoyable part was building relationships with my students, staff and families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight