East Carolina University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Low Pay
University Program Specialist/Web Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Paid way below market. The atmosphere in most departments is the top is lazy and the people paid the least do the most. Nice people along the way but poor management is the culture.
Good Place
Senior Games Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
I learned alot from being at ECU. I majored in health fitness specialist. Throughout my time at ecu loads of knowledge was accessible daily. I would recommend ECU to anyone.
Good place for assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 14, 2018
ECU is a good place to complete an assistantship. The professors are flexible, friendly and clearly communicate their wants and needs. Compensation is fair.
Pros
Flexibility
ecu
Director, Development (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 10, 2018
it is an up and coming university with lots of potential. i am glad to have worked there with an amazing leader. they believe in the mission of serving the east.
Ecu
Study Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 7, 2018
Great school, great atmosphere, great sports. Had a blast my four years there. Top notch science, business, nursing, and research programs. Would highly recommend
Good Student Work Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Quality experience for a student, decent compensation and opportunity to network. Worked in the computer lab, in an office, and alongside faculty in research and publication
I am a graduate student
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 25, 2018
I enjoy the experience I think the teachers are well informed and very involved. I would recommend attending East Carolina to those looking to further their education.
Stable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2018
Working at East Carolina University I have been given a stable job, which I would hope to make a career. They have great benefits and, in my position, an 8-5 work schedule. The university is very large and they employ many people.
Pros
Healthcare, hours, Pto
Cons
Stressful unnecessarily at times
Creative and Collaborative Place to Work
Associate Director of Space Planning (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 22, 2018
ECU is a creative and collaborative place to work with opportunities to grow professionally and academically. The faculty, staff and students challenge everyone to do and be their best. I have learned that my colleagues can be a catalyst for idea creation and subsequent implementation to better manage process improvement. The hardest part of my job is work-life balance, which is true for most people. The best part of my job is providing solutions to what appear to be impossible challenges.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Health benefits can be costly
Quiet and focused workplace
Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2018
Great place to work, has provided me with many opportunities to advance my educations and get certifications, etc. I valued my time here and the knowledge and trust I've gained has been excellent.
Stressful workplace
Principal (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work was extremely stressful and dangerous. I worked with students who had severe behavior/emotional challenges in which my staff nor I were prepared for.
I learned that we needed more supports in meeting the needs of our students to ensure they were academically and personally successful.
My supervisors/directors were not involved unless a major issue came about.
The culture was family-knit but stressful.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to effectively help our students succeed.
The most enjoyable part was building relationships with my students, staff and families.
Great Place to work
Biology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 24, 2018
The biology department is a great place to work. I have enjoyed all the people I work with and they are very willing to teach you knew techniques and expand your knowledge. Great hours and the pay was the best I've ever had.
fun place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 15, 2018
Fun Place to work. A typical day is really busy with phone calls and lots of emails. It is fun but can be very stressful as well. You get to travel and meet new people. I wish it would pay more.
lack of vision and resources
development officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 2, 2018
Lack of resources to do job effectively in addition to lack of vision. Pirate Country is a special place that needs to develop core values and a clear vision for the future campaign.
Very relaxed and enjoyable
SAP Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 27, 2018
Myself and 1-2 other TAs would spend time in a computer lab helping students with a class that all of us had already taken. My coworkers were friends I already knew and were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to ascertain how some of the students made some of the mistakes they did and how to fix them. We occasionally needed help from our supervisor, but he was almost always available and always willing to help. It was very relaxed, and it was nice to help students trying to following along in our path through our major.
Pros
slow-paced, relaxed
Cons
non
I do not recommend ECU's BSOM
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 18, 2018
I worked at ECU's Brody School of Medicine for about 3 years and I would not recommend this as a place of employment for anyone. I have heard that the main campus isn't so bad, but BSOM is in a completely different world. If you are a person of color this is probably a place that you want to avoid, until there is more diversity training set in place for management. During my time there I witnessed and experienced quite a few really uncomfortable and unfair practices that were not appropriately addressed by management. If you do decide to take a job there just be very careful and be prepared for anything.
Pros
Cost of living in Greenville, Students are great!
Cons
Issues with diversity, dont have effective support
Okay place to work many people use as a stepping stone
Research Assistant/Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 29, 2018
ECU is an okay place with many good people but the town isn't great and many people use ECU as a stepping stone to move their career forward elsewhere
Working for ECU
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMay 21, 2018
Working for ECU as a tutor for afterschool programs for middle school and highschoolers was rewarding and was able to work with my friends during it but the management was not very well put together. The person in charge left 2 months in and the next man in charge had no clue on what to do with the program so the program was ended short but we finished the afterschool programs.
Pros
Flexible hours, Rewarding work
Cons
Poor Management
Relaxed
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2018
This job is awesome because I can build my resume, get acquainted with professors, and learn office experience all on the same campus I go to class on.
Welcoming work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2018
Fun place to work. Flexibility. Worked well with my school schedule. They let me do some of my school work if I had finished what I needed for them. great place for students to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Carolina University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight