East Central Illinois Community Action Agency Employee Reviews

Watch your back
Other (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 6, 2018
I question the validity of the other reviews for this agency. At one time, it was a great place to work. Then new management came in and totally destroyed the working environment. A new, hostile, building climate was created. Bullying, harassment, and favoritism are the norms of this agency. Lack of transparency from the management team and secret meetings create feelings of untrustworthiness. High turnover rate plus the amount of jobs posted is a good indicator of the workplace abuse,
Pros
New awnings
Cons
Wreckless spending of money, false reporting, harrassment, bullying....need I continue?
good experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Although we were promised more than we were given or able to do, it was a good work experience overall. I was able to work in several areas of the company.
Pros
Paid Internship
Cons
Being promised things that were never given to interns.
Great Place To Work!!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILDecember 28, 2017
ECICAA is a wonderful place to work! The whole staff is very friendly; there is a team atmosphere in all areas. The management team works hard to create a very positive working environment, and they encourage and provide opportunities for continuing education for all employees. I love working at a place where you are part of team that is always helping people and changing lives. They truly care about their clients and the community.
We are :People Helping People to Help Themselves"
Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILJune 25, 2015
In an environment like Community Action Agency, humbleness is a quality practiced daily. Acts of kindness and generosity is experienced everyday by both the community and the staff. As an employee and consumer, I am glad that programs like this!
Office work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, IllinoisAugust 29, 2013
I was the connection point between customers and business officials. Also completing all the basic office duties and other jobs upon request. At times had to travel and do community service with the company.
Productive work place meeting the needs of the community
Community Development Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Danville IllinoisApril 13, 2013
Great place to work, love working with community and servicing the community and their needs.
Great exposure to community service.
TRiO Talent Search, Project Director (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 11, 2013
ECICAA is one of the better places I have been employed. The work environment is very laid back and all services that are provided are centered towards helping individuals and families in need. You gain a satisfaction knowing that you are meeting the need of some mother, father, child, and/or student who otherwise would have gone without. The employees are always willing to help and everyone has the team first mentality. The agency as a whole takes priority over any one individual. The most difficult part of working here is dealing with the drawbacks of the instability of our nation's politics and government in relation to adverse funding issues.
exprience
Energy Conservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 28, 2012
performing energying audits,entering audits utilizing resnet software,
Pros
education
Cons
politics