East Coast Migrant Head Start Project Employee Reviews

Family Service Worker
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Myakka City, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Greeting parents to school and help them sign in there children, help out with medicine to the children that were ill at the time, working beside my manager to complete task during day, I did enjoy making a different life for parents and children.
Pros
paid millage from distance on training site
Cons
seasonal job only
Pleasant atmosphere, enjoy and love my job
ECE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Loxley, ALAugust 27, 2018
Everyone is very pleasant to work with. The culture here is Hispanic children and family, and most of the workers here are Hispanic as well. The job is easy if you have a heart for education and teaching. There is no hard parts to this job.
Helping farmworkers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I love working for this company and to be able to help families while they are working by teaching their children. Doing assessments while and being able to help children reaching milestones is great.
Great work place
Center/Bus caregiver (Current Employee) –  Parksley, VAAugust 1, 2018
Love it the work place and atmosphere. Great staff, awesome teachers. Learning environment is fun and safe. The buses for parents that can’t always bring their children is great
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Can’t pack kids lunch
It is a joyfurl place to work with lots of new expreiences
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCFebruary 12, 2018
I Love working there. The job has lots of opportunities to advance with new experiences. The management team are willing to help in anyway they can with providing with information to be successful with doing your job.
work place
Bus Monitor/Assistant Teacher 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Early morning shift a 4:30am, get the buses car seats ready for each of the kids that aboard the bus. Clean bus sanitize the seats and car seats.Take care of the kids while napping and also while eating their lunch. Ive learned a lot as a care giver that working together and as a team is the most important.
Awful place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 8, 2018
I will not recommend working at ECMHSP to anybody. Management is constantly changing and expectations are not clear. In a season, there was a change in the following positions: Director of H.R., Benefits, Early Chidhood Education Coordinator Specialist, Head Start Administrators, and the list goes on. Most of the positions that changed were the mayor decisions are made making the center unstable with all of the changes. Pay is low in compared to all of the work load. Family time is out of the question and they expect for you to be available all the time. When hired, was told one thing and done differently. First week of hired, all of the specialist approached me and told me to get out now. Also, some staff end up purchasing stuff with their own money for the center due lack of communication with management, which is sad. Having the position that I had, I had no authority at all. Not even when doing professional development. Management always changed the scores to not have the teachers paid what they needed to be paid.
Pros
Cons
Meeting new people and helping kids
A great place to work
Graphic Designer/Training and Development (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 4, 2017
My experience was that of true teamwork and people who truly care about the children and families we serve. I enjoyed working for ECMHSP and have truly learned a lot in my 11 years here.
Culture Diversity
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jennings, FLDecember 12, 2017
Fun atmosphere with a variety of cultures. Provides job advancement and assistance to grow educationally and professionally. Option to relocate within operating locations.
High stress low pay
CENTER DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 29, 2017
It was a fast pace job that was very stressful. There was no real guidance about what they expected. However they were quick to judge the job that you did.
Good place to work it's just only a seasonal work place
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLAugust 16, 2017
It is a very challenging employment and to work with children it take a lot of patience if you don't have patience then it's not a job for you. I love working with children the only thing about the company is short staff do to asking for to much educational classes .
Good people with unprofessional employees
Family Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ivanhoe, NCAugust 3, 2017
My boss was somewhat of a rude bossy person who didnt like a certian language being spoken around her. she was very rude and disrespectful. Everyone else was ok to work with except the Director.
Head Start Program for Migrant Families
Early Childhood Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 28, 2016
East Coast Migrant Head Start Project is Head Start program that's committed to prepare the children of migrant and seasonal farm workers for success. The program provide, high-quality early childhood education services for children and families in a nurturing, culturally-sensitive environment. As the Education Coordinator, it was my responsibility to ensure that each child that enter our center was prepared for school and life success through developmentally stimulating, individualized activities from the infants to preschoolers.
Pros
Opportunities within the organization
Cons
Famlies migranting, short staff, and budget cuts
Each employee was a team player
Health Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheriton, VAFebruary 3, 2016
The beginning of the day starts with doing a head to toe exam of the children for bruises or marks.The most important part of the day was knowing that you provided the best care for the children in the center. The employers worked as team players. Trying not to get attached to the children that are enrolled in the program was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made a difference in a child's life
Great program with 23 subgrantees providing migrant children head start
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VirginiaJuly 8, 2013
The employees were hard working and believed in our mission. Our work with the Parent Council was rewarding and insightful. Head Start is a five star program and really helps children get a Head Start in life that would otherwise be denied to them.

The difficult part was the top management, who believed that the work family came before the employees family. Many persons became the victim of unwarranted attacks by one of the Senior Staff and firing people was common if she believed she was not being blindly supported. I found it very sad, and had to leave.
Pros
The program, the dedication of the employees and parents
Cons
Poor senior management
Interesting group of people making things happen every day
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2012
I enjoyed some of my time at East Coast. Every day, I had the flexibility to get my job done without the stress of someone hovering over my back. I learned the ins and outs of non-profit accounting. Management encourages continued education. The hardest part of my job was the pressure of yearly audits. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing we were helping less fortunate families prepare their children for the public education system.
Pros
great holidays
Cons
low-rate insurance
Fast pace, always learning, high energy workplace.
Health Disability Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 13, 2012
Monitoring health and safety components of the day care centers.
You manage different personalities as well as different learning styles. mission statement is a priority. The hardest part of the job is ensuring you find the necessary resources to come full circle and service all the children and meet their needs. Not impossible yet challenging.
Pros
staff is great and caring, with a genuine purpose
Cons
traveling 1.5 hours to get to a location
Loved this job working with the families and children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALOctober 27, 2014
The day would start at 6:30am and I wouldn't leave until 6pm or later from the center. I would say a good 3 days a week I wouldn't get home until 8:30 or 9 because of Home visits or Teacher/Parent Conferences that needed to be done.
I learned how to be very organized and efficient because of the required paperwork that needed to be done.
Pros
working with the children and the families
Cons
hours and hours of outside preparation of Lesson plans and other paperwork
Very fun and inspiring work place.
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 25, 2013
Being around kids and being able to play a role in their lives was very inspirational. Just seeing their faces first thing in the morning, their excitement, and readiness to travel to school and learn new things brought joy to me. It was a easy job, nothing was complicated. I even learned to speak a different language, even though it wasn't much. The management wasn't the best, a little disorganized, but overall I loved the job.
Teacher 5 (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLMarch 14, 2016
East Coast Migrant Head Start Project is a great place for employment. I enjoyed working with the children and families. We are all like one big happy family working together as a team to get the job done each day. I have been with East Coast Migrant Head Start Project for about 14-15 years. I enjoy my job and I look forward to it everyday, Monday-Friday for 8 hours a day.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Great team work
Cons
401 K, health care, etc.