East Coast Migrant Head Start Project Employee Reviews

Pleasant atmosphere, enjoy and love my job
ECE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Loxley, ALAugust 27, 2018
Everyone is very pleasant to work with. The culture here is Hispanic children and family, and most of the workers here are Hispanic as well. The job is easy if you have a heart for education and teaching. There is no hard parts to this job.
Great work place
Center/Bus caregiver (Current Employee) –  Parksley, VAAugust 1, 2018
Love it the work place and atmosphere. Great staff, awesome teachers. Learning environment is fun and safe. The buses for parents that can’t always bring their children is great
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Can’t pack kids lunch
It is a joyfurl place to work with lots of new expreiences
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCFebruary 12, 2018
I Love working there. The job has lots of opportunities to advance with new experiences. The management team are willing to help in anyway they can with providing with information to be successful with doing your job.
Awful place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 8, 2018
I will not recommend working at ECMHSP to anybody. Management is constantly changing and expectations are not clear. In a season, there was a change in the following positions: Director of H.R., Benefits, Early Chidhood Education Coordinator Specialist, Head Start Administrators, and the list goes on. Most of the positions that changed were the mayor decisions are made making the center unstable with all of the changes. Pay is low in compared to all of the work load. Family time is out of the question and they expect for you to be available all the time. When hired, was told one thing and done differently. First week of hired, all of the specialist approached me and told me to get out now. Also, some staff end up purchasing stuff with their own money for the center due lack of communication with management, which is sad. Having the position that I had, I had no authority at all. Not even when doing professional development. Management always changed the scores to not have the teachers paid what they needed to be paid.
Pros
Cons
Meeting new people and helping kids
work place
Bus Monitor/Assistant Teacher 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Early morning shift a 4:30am, get the buses car seats ready for each of the kids that aboard the bus. Clean bus sanitize the seats and car seats.Take care of the kids while napping and also while eating their lunch. Ive learned a lot as a care giver that working together and as a team is the most important.
High stress low pay
CENTER DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 29, 2017
It was a fast pace job that was very stressful. There was no real guidance about what they expected. However they were quick to judge the job that you did.
Culture Diversity
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jennings, FLDecember 12, 2017
Fun atmosphere with a variety of cultures. Provides job advancement and assistance to grow educationally and professionally. Option to relocate within operating locations.
A great place to work
Graphic Designer/Training and Development (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 4, 2017
My experience was that of true teamwork and people who truly care about the children and families we serve. I enjoyed working for ECMHSP and have truly learned a lot in my 11 years here.
N/a
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 17, 2017
East Coast Migrant Head Start Project is a great place to work. Many have enhance an educational career because they have had the opportunity to work and go back to school.
Good place to work it's just only a seasonal work place
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLAugust 16, 2017
It is a very challenging employment and to work with children it take a lot of patience if you don't have patience then it's not a job for you. I love working with children the only thing about the company is short staff do to asking for to much educational classes .
Good people with unprofessional employees
Family Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ivanhoe, NCAugust 3, 2017
My boss was somewhat of a rude bossy person who didnt like a certian language being spoken around her. she was very rude and disrespectful. Everyone else was ok to work with except the Director.
A typical day was great.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bailey, NCAugust 2, 2016
I looked forward to going to work everyday. the children were ready to learn and they were loving. the parents were caring and loving and wanting the best education and care for their children. My co-workers were the best. When my husband past on to glory, they were right there by my side.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
seasonal
Head Start Program for Migrant Families
Early Childhood Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 28, 2016
East Coast Migrant Head Start Project is Head Start program that's committed to prepare the children of migrant and seasonal farm workers for success. The program provide, high-quality early childhood education services for children and families in a nurturing, culturally-sensitive environment. As the Education Coordinator, it was my responsibility to ensure that each child that enter our center was prepared for school and life success through developmentally stimulating, individualized activities from the infants to preschoolers.
Pros
Opportunities within the organization
Cons
Famlies migranting, short staff, and budget cuts
Good Mission
HRIS/Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 27, 2016
Great non-profit with a valuable mission to serve the children of migrant farmworkers. Knowledge staff and co-workers who are passionate about the mission.
Teacher 5 (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLMarch 14, 2016
East Coast Migrant Head Start Project is a great place for employment. I enjoyed working with the children and families. We are all like one big happy family working together as a team to get the job done each day. I have been with East Coast Migrant Head Start Project for about 14-15 years. I enjoy my job and I look forward to it everyday, Monday-Friday for 8 hours a day.
Pros
Great atmosphere, Great team work
Cons
401 K, health care, etc.
Each employee was a team player
Health Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheriton, VAFebruary 3, 2016
The beginning of the day starts with doing a head to toe exam of the children for bruises or marks.The most important part of the day was knowing that you provided the best care for the children in the center. The employers worked as team players. Trying not to get attached to the children that are enrolled in the program was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made a difference in a child's life
Overworked and not appreciated
Family Services (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 17, 2015
As a Community/Family specialist you are over many complex areas: Governance, Family Service, Enrollment,Attendance and much more. You will be expected to have no life outside of work.... Working long days, meetings on the weekends, after hours and anytime they need you with no Exceptions. You as a employee are not valued rather thrown under the bus and worked until you just can't handle it anymore. Forget about asking questions because there is little training and you are put down when you ask anything. You are automatically suppose to know how to do the 50 tasks listed on your job description. The mission is great, but it is sad that the company does not care about there employees as much as the migrant families they serve.***There is a high turn over**** because many quit because they cannot handle the stress and being undermined and mistreated. Great pay if you want to eat, sleep and live work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, ethics, over-worked
Good atmosphere, fairly easy work most of the time.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lodge, SCSeptember 2, 2015
Very little promise as far as advancement. Never know what will be required from one week to next. Often looked like work was gong to run out as I got caught up with work orders.
Pros
Goverment job with benefits.
Cons
Little direction from superiors as far as how to make advancement.
Loved this job working with the families and children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Steele, ALOctober 27, 2014
The day would start at 6:30am and I wouldn't leave until 6pm or later from the center. I would say a good 3 days a week I wouldn't get home until 8:30 or 9 because of Home visits or Teacher/Parent Conferences that needed to be done.
I learned how to be very organized and efficient because of the required paperwork that needed to be done.
Pros
working with the children and the families
Cons
hours and hours of outside preparation of Lesson plans and other paperwork
Wondeful Expereience
Early Childhood Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FLSeptember 30, 2014
Good environment. Helping and providing courses. Encourage and recruit students to continuing in College.