East Georgia Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor pay, poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  StaffJune 12, 2018
Working here the patient ratios are too high. CNA 14:1, nurses 7:1. Poor pay. Understaffed majority of the time. Management doesn't seem to care that the staff is over worked.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Pay, pt ratios, management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 24, 2018
A typical day is getting to know the staff and patients. I learned how to start IVs, Telemetry readings. Hang Blood and many more skills. The management was on top of the game. Work culture with different backgrounds. The hardest part of my jog was staying awake at a night. The most enjoyable part of my job was working and taking care and getting to care for my patients/ and families
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough staff to with nurse to patient ratio of 1:7
I worked for EGRMC for 15 years learned a lot
Authorization Clerk (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 8, 2018
I build my skills and learned a lot from this company. I learned a lot about insurances and precert. worked with a great group of ladies who works very hard.
Manager was very irritable and expected employees did not take personal days off. Frequently in a bad mood and took it out on everyone!
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAApril 9, 2018
Very stressful work environment. Department Manager very condescending, punitive and negative attitude. When time off needed were not allowed to take it. Long hours and unhealthy work environment.
Pros
compensation for experience was fair
Cons
negative and stressful work
Super Great
RN ICU Staff (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 30, 2018
Its the best place to work in Georgia. Great Boss, co worker respectful. Multi culture diverse. Co workers respect you as how you are. Great commitment to employment by employees.
Just great
Georgia Medicaid Billing
Medicaid Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 2, 2018
I was the only Medicaid Biller for EGRMC! My job was very demanding and I felt a sense of accomplishment with each challenge to get claims paid from my appeals.
job environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 23, 2018
Job environment was not conducive to best patient care I decided to explore other employment opportunities. I want to improve the lives of my patients.
opinion
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 1, 2017
Co-worker environment is wonderful. The managerial staff is also excellent. They need to compensate their workers better and show more appreciation is all.
Long hours but rewarding job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 24, 2017
It was long hours and at times very stressful but in the end you feel the reward when a patient tells you thank you for helping and making them feel better while they are their.
Pros
rewarding job. great co workers
Cons
long hours and at times stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 20, 2017
Management was awful. The Director and most pharmacist thought little of the techs. The tension within the pharmacy is so thick, it was unbearable to want to work there. The "pets" got best choice with the schedule. A lot of the nurses dislike the Director and Pharmacist. Overall, working within the pharmacy, you begin hating the place, which makes for a hazard, because you begin not to care.
Pros
Clocking out to go home
Cons
Clocking in to work

Want to know more about East Georgia Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 25, 2017
Excellent management and staffing. Equipment is up to date and all employees are excellent workers. The hospital cares about its staff and patient care and satisfaction.
Pros
Great management
good experience
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 5, 2017
It is a very close knit place, you are treated like an outsider. Not much training, sink or swim, quick to judge and quick to blame. You have no support
Pros
money good
Cons
no support
Hospital with immeasurable potential with only $$$ as focus
Practice Manager of Gastroenterology Practice (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 21, 2017
Local presence trying to adhere to a non-responsive corporate environment. Profit is key driver and employee satisfaction or recognition is practically non-existent. In healthcare, the patient should be focus and center, but with this company sheer profit is driving force. Could be a major employer influence in the local market, but instead chooses to keep wages low and moral lower.
Most enjoyable part of the job? The outcomes of patient and knowing you were a part of that. Typical day at work? Asking employees to put away their cell phones and focus on the patient care and then being pulled to HR as a result of your interaction. This hospital has so much potential because of it's geographical location and patient draw, but it will have to succeed on "first time" patient's because the return rate is so poor. Eventually that market will disappear.
Great Co-Workers Family environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 14, 2017
I have worked here for about two years. I love my boss and my co-workers. I have learned so much. They have worked with me around my school schedule until I have recently graduated. They have been behind me and with me the whole way. Love my EGRMC family.
Fair
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 10, 2017
Fair place to work at. Patient Nurse ratios too high. Management was great. Clean organized work place. Very high paced and stressful most days. Good small hometown feel
Wish I never worked there
RN (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 12, 2017
The staff and nurse are extremely over worked. Management is poor and has no ideal of how to help. Staff to nurse ratio is the highest in the state, poor benefits
No hours and not enough pay!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 30, 2017
I clean up and make sure patients room are cleaned! I work day shift and that is a pro, but not making enough hours is a con! I can't pay my bills and don't get enough hours! I get along with managers and employees and do the job I am hired to do! Sometimes I may have to clean a floor by myself and that's a little hard, but I get it done and don't complain! I enjoy the patients especially if they are nice and I see a lot of people working at East Georgia! I need more hours and better pay is the problem, my family has grown and I just can't make it off of this salary! I would love to be able to relax and not worry about everything!
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay
management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 25, 2017
Overworked you. Didn't give lunch breaks as indicated when hired. Too many times put on swing shift during the week. Parts of the crew did not try to like me.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Work atmosphere was terrible
Awful
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 7, 2017
This was was an understaffed hospital. The staff were always overworked and downright hostile. I would compare it to working in a war zone except in a war zone the people you work with watch your back. This place the staff are more likely to stab you in the back.
Fast Paced work environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 25, 2017
My job consisted of a lot of heavy lifting, pushing and pulling. The only thing I enjoyed about that job was meeting some great people whether it was staff or patients.