East House Employee Reviews

Excellent Reputation in community: Forward Thinking agency
Director (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 2, 2018
East House is a mission-driven agency and keeps client well-being at the forefront of their strategic plans. The Leadership team encourages employees to ingrain the 5 core values into their work; fosters staff growth and recognizes employee contributions. PTO is generous, training dollars are given to every employee, ongoing professional development is encouraged, and there is an excellent work / life balance. Administration is very aware of initiatives and trends in human services work at the local, state, and federal level. They work diligently to anticipate and meet requirements for any changes taking place in the field of mental health and substance use disorder. While the main focus of human services can be difficult at times, East House Leadership takes time to plan events just for staff such as an annual picnic, a work anniversary celebration, monthly birthday gatherings, and many team building activities throughout the year. East House is a leader in the field of mental health and addictions recovery.
would not recommend
Overnight Counselor, Mental Health and CD Program (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2017
I spent 13 years working for this company and had good performance reviews, no call offs and never left them stranded (which meant nothing when both of my parents were terminally ill. They put me in a position to have to choose between the job and my parents who subsequently BOTH passed away and they didn't seem to care. Would never work for such a cold agency ever again)
Wonderful culture supportive of both clients and employees
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2017
Great work-life balance, forward thinking, genuine concern for client's welfare. Strong benefits package, generous PTO and flex time. Continuing to grow and think of new ways to serve clients.
Warm and friendly working enviornment
Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for East House. The staff was friendly and welcoming. It can be challenging at times but very worth it. The clients are amazing, sometime times things don't work out the way you had hopped but that's just part of the job. The overall atmosphere of the location I was working in was open and welcoming. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
family oriented
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 7, 2017
relaxing but professional atmosphere. Supportive Management and administration. Generous PTO. Excellent benefits program.diverse population of employees and clients.
Fake people who only care about meeting required minimums for billing.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2017
Residents who reside at East House Facilities are at the mercy of lackadaisical and incompetent staff. Residents often go without medications because staff didn't order them and cover up with fake notes blaming the Pharmacy or residents. I witnessed many gross acts of negligence with no repercussions. And yes, Management is aware but, sweep under the rug.
Official response from East House
July 10, 2017

The safety and care of our clients is of the utmost importance to East House. If you have information about concerns about client care or potential fraud, please call our anonymous and confidential Corporate Compliance Hotline at 585-238-4894. The hotline is open 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Thank you.

Great place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2017
Of all the human service agencies in Rochester, NY, EH is the top dog. Great ethical staff, excellent programs, and safe and clean environment.

I loved working there!
Pros
All around great place
Cons
FT work week is only 35 hrs
supportive and just simply put excellent
Relief staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 21, 2016
East House is the most supportive company I have ever had the pleasure to a part of.

Management is outstanding. Training is on going and all questions are answered until you really understand what is expected of you.

I would recommend anyone that is interested in working in the human service field to find out how East House impacts our community and the citizens of Rochester in need!

I can't speak highly enough about this organization!
East House is a decent place to work with room for growth within the company.
Relief Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2015
If you enjoy working with people, helping others, and watching people transform and grow, well this is the place that it happens. It's not an overnight process, but every day counts. Team efforts really matter.
ahfafhsjaj
Computer Class Instructor & Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 30, 2015
I love it here, its a fun caring professional organization and truly focuses on its clients and is compassionate to their needs
Productive and intense work setting
Relief Chemical Dependency Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 11, 2014
Provide and support clients with everyday living along with helping them plan a sober future.
Great people to work with
Awake Overnight Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2014
Great people to work with. Friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed the friendships I've built over the years. Workload is fair. Great job.
excellent place to work
Resident Counselor - per diem (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2013
I work per diem at East House. They have been very flexible with my work schedule. They are an excellent place to work.
management shady
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2013
disregard for lower management and employees, good old boy atmosphere, very quick to discipline employees while directors watch inappropriate content on their computers,
Pros
decent benefits, experienced counselors
Cons
poor management, prejudiced, shady

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East House. Our community is ready to answer.

East House Reviews by Location