East Houston Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Job ok
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
It was an ok job I loved my co-workers there the pay was not
great. The reason I left the pay was very low
and thy were not a company I felt encouraged you to advance. Only
if you were trying to become a nurse.
Productive fun place to work
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
work days was very was very busy and fun and learn how to other things and educational like training classes like how to greet people and management was perfect job was easy and enjoyable
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Breaks
close family environment
Interim Director-MCH (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Enjoyed co-workers, nice clean facility, Loved the CEO Eric. Long time loyal employees. Great location, right in Highway I-10. Good community hospital.
Excellent
Unit Secretary/ Telemetry Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Hospital shut down after hurricane, i did not choose to leave East Houston and Have not been able to find a facility similar to East Houston since we had to evacuate hospital.
Every day is a good day.
Lead Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Regardless if the labor and delivery was floor was busy it is a very nice place to work. We all worked together even if a nurse was needed a surgical tech would go to help, we could run and get what ever was needed till another nurse could get there. The surgical tech would make the nurses comfortable in the operating room by having things that may be needed close or having thing organized for a simple grab and go, to get it to the field. The doctors would take time to teach us all as new techniques as it came about in labor and delivery.
Pros
Treated like family.
Cons
Havery closed East Houston Medical Center for good. Not reopening.
Very good place to work
Department Secretary/ from East Houston Regional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
East Houston is a good place to work . I work there 26 years and was happy as an employee . Our CEO wasn't there long. East was a good place to learn alot. We work together as a family. Very friendly atmosphere. I know i learned alot when I was there. I really liked my patients just to see the smile on there face just to say good morning.
East Houston Reginal Medical Center
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
On the days of the morning it be a slow days at work. I have learn a lot at east Houston, like putting the oxygen tank on the patient. the people on the job are very nice. the hardest part on the job is getting the patient to go take a test sometimes it can be hard in that way. the most enjoyable part is when u help a patient and laugh with them at work
Pros
the company will have free drinks during lunch on friday
Cons
we have a 30 minute lunch break
Small but nice
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
They flood when the bayou rises, but the nurses and doctors here give their all. They pull together for their patients and do what is needed to ensure quality care.
Relax, environment
Surgical Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
I worked for 4-5 months till it got flooded. I really liked woking there. People were very friendly and helpful. All the doctors were nice and were willing to teach anytime.
Pros
Relax, friendly environment
Cons
I like to work in busy hospital
One of a kind!
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
The staff/co-workers makes this an awesome place to work. You are never alone, there is always someone there willing to help you when you are overwhelmed or when you don't know something. It may get very busy at times but the team dynamic makes it ok.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Very busy at times
Productive work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
The staff are so helpful in assisting patients and taking care of their needs. Everyone is very friendly and make you feel welcomed. They are willing to train and help others gain experience in all aspects of the job.
Great co-workers, consistently bad management
Withheld (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
Honestly, I was paid hourly, but remained on-call without pay. They will pile as much work on you as you can handle, and then question you as to why you are unable to complete the overwhelming amount of tasks assigned to you. My co-workers were great, in every aspect, but insufficient management makes this an employer to avoid. Benefits were decent, but have declined annually for the last several years, while the cost has steadily increased. Senior leadership changes every few months as they bring new leaders and use this facility as their training grounds before shipping them off to another facility. Department leaders are either useless and not at all concerned about employees (and stay in the position FOREVER), or they are really great leaders who ultimately leave due to the impossible expectations placed upon them.
Pros
Great staff at the patient care level.
Cons
Everything else.
Productive and fufillment place to work with
Nurse Tech- IMCU (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Working in these company gives me fulfillment for I was able to help them in a way I can, that make the management, my supervisor proud of me as well as the manager, through which they can depend peacefully with minimal supervision.
Pros
Free snacks and sometimes free lunch.
Cons
professional growth is minimal.
very productive
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
its a great place to work, its a small hospital which gives me a chance to get to know patients and their concerns about their illness. I learnt a lot about sterile and non- sterile compounding and Hazardous drug preparation
Family like environment
Director of Communications and Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Had great co-workers that actually enjoyed performing their duties and were eager to make a difference in the community despite it being located in a low-income, high crime area.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Staff of only me
everyone is recognized by their immediate manager.
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
At my work place I love our diversity and everyone respects each other's cultures and traditions. enjoy team work in a daily work.
Pros
celebrate hospital and lab events; free meal provided
Cons
interrupt from break do to emergency
Great Enviroment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
Was a great place to learn and grow. Day in and day out the staff and management were helpful with any and all needs. Work here is simple and refined.
under staffed
Night generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
I worked nights there for 6 months and it was horrible. There are understaffed and the supervisors weren't of much help. I rarely got any sort of break. The pay wasn't great for working in a large city and the area is bad.
Pros
Cons
bad area, poor pay, under staffed
Great place for advancement
Nurse preceptor for graduating and new nurses (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
The most difficult is the commute; great atmosphere to learn and gain new skills for further advancement. Peers at exceptional in knowledge and support.
good management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
good management, good working conditions. sometimes understaffed and lack of resources, but overall better nurse satisfaction.
Pros
good management, good working conditions
Cons
under staffed sometimes, lack of resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Houston Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

East Houston Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location