East Mississippi Community College Employee Reviews

A great work study position with lots of experience.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Mayhew, MSMarch 27, 2019
As a work study student in the marketing program, I was required to recruit students, organize office space, and was given the responsibility of planning a class trip to an international conference. My hours were flexible and management was dedicated to working with me to make sure my work didn't interfere with my schooling.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
East Mississippi Community College
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSFebruary 12, 2019
The work environment at East Mississippi was great I really enjoyed all of my co-workers and learned a lot from my mentors on how to become a better coach.
East Mississippi Community College
Health and Physical Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scooba, MSDecember 8, 2018
Professional and result driven organization. Output is valued more than time on the clock. The culture is one of inclusion and growth. Calculated Risk is also rewarded and critical thinking is welcomed.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Student Oriented
Telecommunications Technician/Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSNovember 19, 2018
This was a fulfilling place to work in that everyone who worked there was very interested in student experience. The main complaint I would have would be the lack of communication within the college itself.
Pros
Student focused atmosphere
Cons
lack of communication between departments and leadership
Relaxed environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus AFB, MSJuly 5, 2018
A great place to work just no benefits and not enough hours, the students were appreciative and management was very helpful and working on the base was exciting
Pros
Execellent work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
summary
Adjunct Biology Instructor-Online (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSMay 26, 2018
Great place to work and has a friendly environment. Best part of the day is engaging with students and coworkers. Keeping a positive attitude and looking forward tot he next day.
Pros
Talking with students
Cons
Contractual work
Laid back
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayhew, MSMay 13, 2018
Receiving merchandise, typing in inventory, delivering packages to the classrooms. Making sure all packages are sealed and properly ready for shipment.
contractual phlebotomy instructor
Phlebotomy Instructor Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Mayhew, MSMay 11, 2018
I was the first instructor for the workforce program. I was responsible for developing the course, teaching, and negotiating with clinical sites for students.
Productive and fun working
Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mayhew, MSMay 10, 2018
The typical day at work would be bagging the clothes, supplies, or anything that the customers would buy. The management of the job was funny sweet to everybody that would talk to her. The hardest part about the job would be bagging everything faster than your usually paced. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I worked with at the school.
Tutored fellow students
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSApril 6, 2018
Great job for a student living on campus. Able to make money without having to commute to another town. Staff was supportive and encouraging. Fellow students were kind & patient in learning.
Community College position
Instructor of Record - English (Former Employee) –  Mayhew, MSMarch 8, 2018
The job is very straightforward. Unlike a university, you do have the smaller group feel and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Beyond what's given, there isn't any room for advancement.
Productive and fast pace with people loving what they do for the customers.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mayhew, MSJanuary 30, 2018
East Mississippi Community College is a great place to start. There are many opportunities. They provide good customer services. The team as a whole focus on the need of the students that we serve.
make my own schedule
GED Instructor Part Time (Current Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 7, 2018
I love interacting with my students and trying to make their lives better. I love working part- time and being able to make my own hours. I can break when I need to
Pros
trips
Cons
adminstration
Study or work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Mayhew, MSJanuary 3, 2018
Do what the teacher you are assign to do. If she had nothing for you at the moment you would just study. Typically a laid back environment, works with your school schedule.
Emcc
Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mayhew, MSNovember 7, 2017
I absolutely love EMCC and the family environment that it has. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable of their positions. It is very well managed and the instructors there really care about the students and helping them succeed.
Pros
Cons
It's only part time.
Nice Place to Work
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Mayhew, MSOctober 26, 2017
It's nice to be able to work in the direct benefit of your community. If you show more than the bare minimum of enthusiasm, you can become involved as much (or as little) as you want.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Why would I put something negative here when my job is identifiable in this review?
Phlebotomy insturctor (Current Employee) –  Mayhew, MSSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoy teaching there and looking for advancement hours are good and the pay is good as well. The workers there are very friendly and are always willing to help me when I'm looking for something and they are very knowledgeable.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
it was okay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSJune 26, 2017
It can be quite demanding and you have to be very good at writing and making reports. You will have to enforce campus rules and curfew. Most students will not be happy about it but you still have to do job.
Good for college students
Band Manager (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSJune 5, 2017
Good experience for what the work force has in store. Helps students with a little extra spending money. Helps students work with instructors so they know how certain procedures are done.
Pros
flexible time, tax free
Cons
only for students
Very productive and loving environment
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Scooba, MSMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working on this job. They gave me the best work experience that any college or company could give a first time worker. Everyone was loving like you were all one big happy family. Everyday was like a new day that you would look forward to being a part of no matter what it was that you was doing. I loved working for my supervisors.