East River Family Strengthening Collaborative Employee Reviews

Flexible Hours
Lead Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2019
Administration is not informed about all contract that they own. Pay is not good. Insurance is extremely expensive and the pay does not match with the amount that is coming out for insurance.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Don't apply here!!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2019
ashley koeker emailed me telling me I was hired for the personal assistant position. It was all a scam. She stole $500 from me. i had to call the police
Pros
Scam artists
Cons
everything. they will ruin your life
East River Family Strengthen Collaborative provides much needed services in that community. Staff is dedicated and commited to strengthen our comuniti
HOUSING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2018
I enjoyed my tenure at East River. Working there afforded me the opportunity to gain new experiences and develop new skills. The staff is professional, committed and caring about each other and the clients/patrons they serve. East River Family Strengthening Collaborative understands the importance of their roll in the community and how it impacts the community and city at large. I enjoyed the out reach and the services I provided. I am proud of the partnerships I developed and fellowship's made that help to strengthen families. The work culture was pleasant, friendly and compassionate. Its involvement in the city has earned its agency a reputation of Above and Beyond citywide.
Pros
Providing a service to theconstituants
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Horrible work environment
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2018
East River is one of thee worst jobs I ever had! I worked at this organization for two years, and during that time I had horrible experiences as it relates to upper management, work culture, and overall professionalism. This organization is ran on the basis of favoritism! The director of Family Services is incompetent, unprofessional, and outdated as it relates to work experience in the field and cultural competencies. The salary is extremely low as compared to the cost of living and you will not receive yearly raises as promised during interview. If you are not in the “good graces” of the directors PLEASE do not apply/work here.
Pros
Cons
Low salary, Everyday threats of being fired
Good work relationships - family focused
Prefer not to anwser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2017
This work place is very family focused. It creates a family centered environment for employees, but can be stressful based upon the nature of the work
Pros
Lots of good benefits
Cons
Micromanagement tendencies of some managers
Youth Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
Great place to work! Management is supportive and encourages creativity and career advancement. Training opportunities are always available. A typical day at work for me is reporting to my designated work site, engaging youth/families, overseeing weekly programming four days per week.
Deputy Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2016
Great place to work. I enjoyed the camaraderie. The management was superb, as are my former colleagues. I highly recommend East River. Mae Best is one of the best nonprofit leaders in Washington DC.
Cons
Very social and hard working environment
Parent Educator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2015
This organization is the best thing in this community. They go above and beyond to help families to the best of their ability. Working there can be fun, and rewarding, also very time consuming like your work is never done.
Pros
Employees benefits and festivities
Cons
A lot of work, little time
Fun and a great work place
Homebound Meals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2015
This is a fun and great work place. The people here are kind. I enjoy what I do. I like helping others. East river is about building families, helping seniors, team building and being a team player.
Pros
good work place, excellent health care benefits