East Side Clinical Laboratory Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
samantha davis
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2018
I loved working for this job. i had a very good time learning new things and team work. i wish i still worked there. but i had to moved. or i would still be at this job.
A very nice place.
Road Team Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 24, 2018
A nice place to work. The people are nice. The specimen handling team is there to help you if you are stuck on a test they will tell you what you need to do.
I am no longer employee but great place to work.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJune 6, 2018
I would come into my office. I also worked with Director. I made sure all paperwork was ready for meetings etc. I would travel to branches and also check to see if all safety requirements by law where in place. I conducted meetings with director. He would come and give me a task to complete. I enjoyed my job. I was able to move up and become safety officer. I was able to learn a lot from that.
Good place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  FloatMarch 22, 2018
I'm a float and I enjoy my pay and I enjoy my supervisor. I enjoy not being hounded at work and I like the freedom that I have. I always have been treated with respect.
Pay is horrible and phlebotomists are treated terribly.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 28, 2018
I worked here for a year. My lab site was closing and I was not informed until two weeks prior to closing, from the director of the health center that I was working in, not from anyone at the East Side. I accepted a new position and was told the next day that it had already been filled. I later found that this was because I did not choose the position that they would have liked me to accept. I left once my site closed and have never looked back.
Corporate company with family feel environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 26, 2018
Corporate company with a family feel environment, employees have tenure of an average of 10-20 years. Laboratory is a leader in the Northeast industry and competitive.
Great place to work just lacking in some areas
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 23, 2018
This is a excellent company to work for. They are very Efficient, fast, and Provide excellent customer Service. Very professional, opportunities for advancement, and excellent benefits.
Pay raises leave more to be desired max raise is 40 cents a year with no errors, complaints within that year.
communication in the departments could use a little work. between coworkers and between management, things can be easily misinterpreted.
as for HIPPA and other practices this company is very compliant and works to keep staff up to date on all policies to help protect patient information.
working environment is very inviting. all departments seem to get along well.
the most enjoyable part of working with the job is building the friendships with clients, co-workers and facilities. what i learned working for this company is just be careful how you say things because things can sometimes be misconstrued.
Pros
company parties, moral boosting, friendly decorating contests for holidays
Cons
protocals for displinary actions not always followed the same
Not a good place to work if you respect yourself
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIOctober 12, 2017
Patients were wonderful. They treated you like family.

Management not so good. Lies, manipulations and lack of respect for employees.

Company thought of patients and employees as numbers. No initiative to stay.

Terrible pay with no cost of living increases or increases when minimum wage increased. Benefits were good before the company was purchased by Sonic Healthcare.

If you worked over time Mon to Thurs you were told you had to take a longer lunch so they do not have to pay.
Pros
Coworkers (non-managment) and patients
Cons
No respect
Diverse, Customer Service centered,Winning workplace culture
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 8, 2017
I have worked with ESCL for over seven years. During my career with the lab, I have had two promotions, and have the privilege of working with many caring,service minded individuals.
Health benefits, 401K, PTO and life insurance are offered at competitive prices.
Management does an excellent job bringing together and celebrating all team members by hosting BBQ's, Lab Week festivities, Holiday parties and many other fun events.
Pros
Promotions from within
Cons
Communication could improve
fast pace but enjoyed it
Manager (Former Employee) –  east providenceAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed the fast pace,hard work,people.
I didn't like the president talking down about his employees and ridiculing the people who are running the company.
Great place to work for students right out of school.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 3, 2017
I was most fortunate. Once I finished my phlebotomy course. I had the opportunity to have my externship. With East aside Clinical Laboratory. Which I believe gave me a way to start my phlebotomy career. First outpatient experience ever.
Micro-management at it's finest
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 6, 2016
Employees are not properly trained, yet management expects them to do highly technical jobs. No support for internal issues, of which there are many. Toxic work environment where employees are at each others throats on a daily basis due to lack of/poor leadership.
Extremely high turn over. No advancement possibilities, no security.
Pros
Fun working with new technologies
Cons
Rude, nasty people, no support from mangement, clueless managers.
Horrible management
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rhode Island, RIDecember 10, 2015
Patients are not people to ESCL, they are only numbers. ESCL is more concerned with how many patients are seen verses quality patient care.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Hounding management, lack of communication
Great co-workers, but not the greatest management staff.
Fulltime - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 18, 2015
Not very much to say besides the fact that, with this company you can clearly see the favoritism amongst the supervisors and employees. Also, they're usually against the employee, instead of having their backs as a support system when there is a tough situation that is being presented.
Busy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 23, 2015
On a typical day I would open the satellite laboratory and make sure all supplies are readily available. The first two hours are usually the busiest. I would register the patients and order the tests that are checked off on the requisition. If the patient was having blood work, I would take them to the drawing room, assess their veins and use the appropriate needle and tubes to receive a specimen. The hardest part of the job is making the patient feel at ease with the procedure. I usually have much success with that. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rapport that you have with the patients. They look forward to having a friendly, trained phlebotomist.
Pros
Supervisor visits once a month
Cons
Sometimes you don't have time to take a half hour lunch
Very challenging position with great hours.
Phlebotomist and Lab Technician Aide (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 16, 2015
Typical day for me was 8 and a half hours of work. It was great learning experience because I was able to be a lab technician's assistant. The management was very accommodating. My coworkers were great people and fun to work with. There wasn't anything that was difficult at the job, but it was just challenging at times. The most enjoyable part of the job it was that it was very rewarding.
Pros
Very flexible work hours
Cons
There were no cons
Busy, fast paced environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIJuly 11, 2014
On average, we see 145 patients per day. Some have rolling veins, collapsing veins, very thin or very large veins. I've learned how to properly draw various types of patients in various veins located between the anticubital and hand. Geriatric, pediatric and handicap patients are among the high volume. It's great to work with others who share the same passion and compassion for our patients and our positions.Though iIt can be challenging to have to draw someone who has a great fear of needles and blood, it is more rewarding then anything when you are ale to talk them through the procedure and receive a thank you at the end.
Best Company Ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 18, 2014
I enjoyed working for ESCL. Human Resources Manager , marketing, branch supervisor were great people to work with
Nice work place and great patients!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 11, 2014
They are a decent employer for experience. I do not see them as a long term or future type of employer.
pleasant, enjoyable and professional work enviorment
Courier (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work includes interacting with the employees at several different medical facilities and reporting back to East Side Clinial Lab. Management is professional and friendly at the same time,as well as my co-workers making my job enjoyable.
Pros
I enjoy my position as courier