East Tennessee Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 8, 2018
Wonderful hospital for children. They take wonderful care of all their patients. Kid friendly and safe. Staff are good too. Work can be very stressful and you never know what will happen at the hospital. But you will get the best care for your child
Excellent place to work
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 15, 2018
I would recommend ETCH to anyone who is needing a job in the healthcare industry. It is a good place to work and a good work environment. Some managers doesn't think things through before they implement changes but for the most part it's a great place.
Awesome place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2017
One of the best work experiences that I’d ever had by far. The staff is very helpful,considerate, and caring. I would love to go back there and work in a heartbeat!!
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 17, 2017
Great nurse/pt ratio
Loved the atmosphere. Patient care and safety is the highest priority of management, rather than making a profit like a lot of hospitals
You need to be young to work at ETCH.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (FT) (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 15, 2017
ETCH used to be a friendly and enjoyable place to work. It became very clear that the older employees that had worked for many years were clearly not wanted anymore and were being replaced with younger less expensive and less experienced people.
Steady Employment
CPhT Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 16, 2017
Good Job, Benefits lack in you are stuck to a 403B plan instead of 401K. Things can get stressful because of pace of job but nothing is unmanageable. Management is easy to talk to and work with.
Devoted employees love what they do
Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 23, 2017
Culture is positive and caring. Leadership sets the tone. Employees general happy here as evidenced by low turn over. Limited opportunities for advancement.
Student
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 11, 2017
I was just an unpaid student, but the atmosphere was good and every staff member took time to teach me and I really enjoyed it there. They did offer me a job but I am not able to accept it because I am moving at the end of August.
catty
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2017
Everyone seems to dislike the newbies. The employees are cliquish and not welcoming or willing to provide help when a new person needs to be taught something. Everyone talks about each other behind the other's back.
Great Hospital..Terrible Food and Nutrition Department!
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 7, 2017
I work as a dietary aid. A few months ago, our department suffered drastic cutbacks due to financial hardship.The best workers have left and the remaining have lost all hope.The hospital in whole is a great place to work, but the kitchen needs a complete management overhaul.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Employee turn over, lack of direction in the kitchen. Management has checked out.
Loved working here
Relief Cook (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 12, 2017
I loved working here due to the fact that I got to interact with small kids all day and they brought so much joy to my life. Working with sick children made me so thankful and made me want a career in peds.
Focused state of the art pediatric facility
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2017
Fast paced neonatal/pediatric inpatient facility. Wonderful environment for nurses and nursing staff. Adequate staffing and training provides a safe effective work environment.
Pros
Adequate support staff, appropriate training, effective and approachable leadership.
Cons
difficult to get a desired schedule for nurses due to nature of staff nursing, Pay is competitive but not above average.
Management was good to work for.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 22, 2017
This review is from an independent contractor viewpoint, so would be different than an employee viewpoint. The pay was good, management was good to work for.
Pros
Good work schedule, great management
Cons
None.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  EmergencyApril 7, 2017
Fast paced wonderful Dr and nurses ER difficult to stay on top of things due to quick turn around if patients in waiting room . Respiratory Techs and ER techs are fabulous .
Job itself
Outpatient Surgery Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37916April 7, 2017
It was a great place to work but it was not my type of nursing. I love kids and thought I would really enjoy working with them, however, it was too much dealing with the abused children and their parents.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Abused children..too many
Ótima experiência
Estagiária do departamento de lean (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2017
No ETCH tive a oportunidade de fazer parte de um projeto do departamento de lean, em que pude assistir cirurgias, conversar com enfermeiros e médicos para entender melhor sobre o dia-a-dia deles e entregar um projeto mais viável não só financeiramente, como também para os funcionários.
Fun Place to work
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 4, 2017
I love ETCH! Everyone is very nice and welcoming.. I had a practicum there and also volunteered there getting to know many different people. I recommend ETCH to anyone.
Requires strong teamwork and skills capable of taking care of respiratory patients
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work for me normally consists being a Respiratory Therapist in the ED, as it is my favorite place to be in the hospital. Each day is different in the ED, and we have to be on our feet and toes at all times, never knowing the next patient that may walk through the door may be in cardiac arrest or another unfortunate situation. My workplace consists of a variety of different cultures, a big part being the hispanic population; we have wonderful interpreters to help with these families. Strong teamwork is required with skills necessary to save the lives of patients. The hardest part of my job hands down is dealing with the death of a child, after working so hard to have saved them: no one could ever prepare you for such a tragedy. On the other hand, the most rewarding part of my job is when we can save the life of a patient. One thing I have learned over the years is that children are so resilient. They can be very sick one minute, and bounce right back the next.
Pros
Great work environment and work ethics, strong teamwork
Cons
Taking care of very sick children
wonderful organization
Medical Assistant/Laboratory (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 6, 2017
Wonderful organization for children and parents. Devoted and competent employees. Management staff wonderful. Executive staff questionable. All around wonderful organization for patients and their families.
Great company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 20, 2016
I loved working at Childrens! They have amazing benefits, which I have yet to find elsewhere. There is not a lot of chance for promotions. Just wish they paid a little bit better.
Pros
Benefits, environment
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Tennessee Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3