East Tennessee Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Relief Cook (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 12, 2017
I loved working here due to the fact that I got to interact with small kids all day and they brought so much joy to my life. Working with sick children made me so thankful and made me want a career in peds.
Focused state of the art pediatric facility
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2017
Fast paced neonatal/pediatric inpatient facility. Wonderful environment for nurses and nursing staff. Adequate staffing and training provides a safe effective work environment.
Pros
Adequate support staff, appropriate training, effective and approachable leadership.
Cons
difficult to get a desired schedule for nurses due to nature of staff nursing, Pay is competitive but not above average.
Management was good to work for.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 22, 2017
This review is from an independent contractor viewpoint, so would be different than an employee viewpoint. The pay was good, management was good to work for.
Pros
Good work schedule, great management
Cons
None.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  EmergencyApril 7, 2017
Fast paced wonderful Dr and nurses ER difficult to stay on top of things due to quick turn around if patients in waiting room . Respiratory Techs and ER techs are fabulous .
Job itself
Outpatient Surgery Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37916April 7, 2017
It was a great place to work but it was not my type of nursing. I love kids and thought I would really enjoy working with them, however, it was too much dealing with the abused children and their parents.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with
Cons
Abused children..too many
Ótima experiência
Estagiária do departamento de lean (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2017
No ETCH tive a oportunidade de fazer parte de um projeto do departamento de lean, em que pude assistir cirurgias, conversar com enfermeiros e médicos para entender melhor sobre o dia-a-dia deles e entregar um projeto mais viável não só financeiramente, como também para os funcionários.
Fun Place to work
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 4, 2017
I love ETCH! Everyone is very nice and welcoming.. I had a practicum there and also volunteered there getting to know many different people. I recommend ETCH to anyone.
Requires strong teamwork and skills capable of taking care of respiratory patients
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work for me normally consists being a Respiratory Therapist in the ED, as it is my favorite place to be in the hospital. Each day is different in the ED, and we have to be on our feet and toes at all times, never knowing the next patient that may walk through the door may be in cardiac arrest or another unfortunate situation. My workplace consists of a variety of different cultures, a big part being the hispanic population; we have wonderful interpreters to help with these families. Strong teamwork is required with skills necessary to save the lives of patients. The hardest part of my job hands down is dealing with the death of a child, after working so hard to have saved them: no one could ever prepare you for such a tragedy. On the other hand, the most rewarding part of my job is when we can save the life of a patient. One thing I have learned over the years is that children are so resilient. They can be very sick one minute, and bounce right back the next.
Pros
Great work environment and work ethics, strong teamwork
Cons
Taking care of very sick children
Excellent place to work
Network Manager, Credentialing & Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 8, 2017
People working here really care about what they do and it shows. Respect is shown to even the lowest employees as each has an important contribution. They offer employees a lot of fun activities and employees are generally happy and contented. Low turn-over rate speaks to this.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere, leadership and culture
Cons
Advancement from within difficult
Fun place to work
Staff Nurse - Oncology/Hematology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 14, 2017
Great work environment and support from management. Benefits are good, but compensation I feel could be better. You also are not given many opportunities to advance and there is no recognition for continuing education.
Pros
Great supportive staff, teamwork.
Cons
Acuity at times is high, compensation
Used to be a great place to work.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Was once a great place to work. No advancement opportunity unless you are in the clique. No bonuses. No appreciation. Lunch break deducted even if you don't get to take one.
Cons
No real lunch breaks, even though you are docked for it. No advancement
wonderful organization
Medical Assistant/Laboratory (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 6, 2017
Wonderful organization for children and parents. Devoted and competent employees. Management staff wonderful. Executive staff questionable. All around wonderful organization for patients and their families.
Great company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 20, 2016
I loved working at Childrens! They have amazing benefits, which I have yet to find elsewhere. There is not a lot of chance for promotions. Just wish they paid a little bit better.
Pros
Benefits, environment
Cons
Pay
Etch
RN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 19, 2016
Busy place, however it is a great place to learn. People are kind and the job is rewarding. If you go to school or have children, it is pretty easy to find people to switch out shifts with.
Pros
Employees are willing to rearrange schedule
Cons
Not the highest paying hospital in the area.
Very fun place
Medication reconciliation technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 1, 2016
exciting place to work and vey nice co-workers and management. work environment was very clean and enjoyable to work in.
good benefits
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 3, 2016
benefits are good, pay is less then market rate
hours manageable
management nice and caring
coworkers are fun
lots of drama
nice Christmas presents
Productive and busy work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 24, 2016
I work in a very busy, face pace work environment. The hardest part of my job is my schedule and not getting to see my family and friends. The thing I love the most about my job is constantly being able to learn new things and helping others.
Pros
I enjoy what I do and helping others.
Cons
My schedule
Productive and fun workplace
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 13, 2016
Love my job and what I bring to Children's Hospital. Love working to my coworkers and staff. Love talking care of babies and the parents. Always friendly and helpful.
Great Place to work
ER Technician/ Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 10, 2016
Great Staff, great place to work we just need more employees and a bigger ER to help out with how busy we always are. Management is great and are always willing to help,
Pros
Staff is great
Cons
understaffed
great place
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 9, 2016
ETCH is a great place to work. Staff is welcoming and very helpful. Management is very easy to work with and makes you feel at ease.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Tennessee Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

East Tennessee Children's Hospital Reviews by Location