East West Bank Employee Reviews

Great
Junior Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Marino, CAMay 25, 2018
A typical day at work consists of monitoring different traffic, triaging alerts/threats, communicating with other teams for projects, etc. We attend different meetings with vendors to POC agents and appliances.
Pros
Free lunches often, training, environment
Cons
commute
Poor Managment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAMay 17, 2018
Working at East West Bank was fun and cool job but as time went on I've noticed that management is very poor in handling employee issues and complaints. The work load is manageable, it is a good company to work for.
Work ethics and culture
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 13, 2018
East West Bank has very poor managements using ineffective methods to run the company and not open to process improvement or make any changes. The company is not open to diversify their employees, since it won't match with their culture. There is not job safety and your job can be eliminated immediately. Huge employees turnover, constantly change employees responsibilities, deadlines means nothing, keep non-performing employees and let performing employees go. Not a good or healthy place to work.
Good Organization
Head Enterprise Business Continuity Management (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 26, 2018
East West Bank is a large bank with a global presence. They offer opportunity for people with the right background and cultural fit.

This bank is a good fit for someone with the Asian background and who understands that the bank is still maturing in its risk management practices.
Pros
Strong leadership at the CEO level, and very profitable. Good fit for individuals with from an Asian culture.
Cons
Management needs to acknowledge that their focus on of Risk Management issues needs to mature
Worse company to work for. Avoid at all cost.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2018
Poor management team from immediate management to upper level management. They do not care about you. There are no work ethics. Policies are only followed when they want to follow it. Do not work at this company. Many other banks out there that are better. Higher pay is not worth it.
Cons
Decent company but lots of work to do
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAApril 20, 2018
East West Bank is a good company to work for if you are looking for work-life balance. It has quite distance to go in getting the new technologies in-house. However, it's a stable and reasonable work environment, with average pay for mid-size bank. It's just average overall but it's not bad, nor not good either.
Pros
Work-life balance. Not a sweat shop.
Cons
Average pay
It is a pretty good company until recently
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAApril 6, 2018
Communication is going backwards ..Basic is complete silence..
The organization is becoming multiple layers bureaucracy machines..
Biggest trend in the company right now is hire a chief staff to manage Admin..
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Chance to travel for work
Learned Customer Service, Banking products, Management skills, Communication
Enjoyed working with Co-Workers and Management
Very stressful workplace
Independently Contractor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The workplace was not very employee friendly. The people form clicks and if you are not part of their click it goes downhill very fast. I would not accept a full time job at this place
Pros
Cons
A lot
BSA ANALYST 1 (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I will say that my time at EWB was very rewarding, up until new manager where assigned. I tried to always to the best that I could do however I was never acknowledged for advancement. I would however love to go back to work for them one day.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Managers changed
Very open nice people
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Only work as temp for 11 months and kept it professional. It was a fast paste company and also kept me busy. I enjoin the work and wish I didn't have to leave the company.
Pros
people were nice
Cons
rather not say
bad place
Credit Analyst I (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 1, 2018
This place is not a good place at all. micromanagement, too much politics, too much favouritism, underpay, employees are unappreciated. They expect you to work your head off and not promoting work-life balance at all. None of them are team players except a few.
Great Opportunity
BSA/AML/OFAC Analyst (Paid Temporary Internship) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 17, 2017
East West Bank is headquartered in Pasadena. The Bank provides periodic opportunities for college students who are looking to do part-time paid internships prior to graduation. They offer challenging work that helps prepare these students for the work world when they graduate.
Pros
Friendly collaborative rewarding work and environment
Great Place to work
Senior Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2017
My employment at East West Bank was great. My management team is always supportive and positive. My co-workers were great and always ready to lend a helping hand. Benefits were good. The only bad thing was the low pay.
East West Bank
Assistant Vice President & Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 2, 2017
East West Bank was a good place to work.
I only worked at East West Bank for a fairly short time but I enjoyed working there. They have good benefits and the pay is good.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Language Barrier, mostly Asian
Terrible Place to Work
Banker (Former Employee) –  east west bankSeptember 8, 2017
Upper Management is incompetent. A lot of micromanagement. Terrible work environment. Super outdated systems. A lot of customer complaints. High employee turnover.
Great learning experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rowland, CASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work is coming in to work about 30 mins before opening to set up workspace and prepare cash drawers. Taking care of customers is number priority before doing any other work. When it is not busy, I will do daily reports and file documents. As it gets close to end of the work day, I will start balancing my cash drawer to make sure everything is not short or over and start scanning the day's worth of transactions onto the system. We do the closing procedure before leaving work. I've learned so much banking materials during my time at East West Bank, but I felt like there was no advancement for me to learn more due to lack of management. There was too many work dramas and would have lack of teamwork at times when coworkers are clashing and not getting along. I've gain a lot of customer experience and problem-solving skills during this job and have taken a lot of knowledge from there.
Pros
Free lunches at times, close to home, nearby a lot of businesses.
Cons
Bad teamwork and lacking management
It's not the bank you want to work for. If you're in banking, look elsewhere
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 5, 2017
Management there are everything but professional. There had been some good ones but they can't survive in this hostile work environment. They will work you to the ground and micromanage you, and they may be rude sometimes.
Pros
It's a job after all
Cons
Management is awful and the pay is low
Horrible Culture
Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 29, 2017
The management style here is from 20 years ago, they micromanage you and your information isn't safe there. I found customer information from over 15 years ago, brought it up to management and they told me to shred it as if I worked there 15 years ago and never took care of it.

It is a bad environment to work in, and will make you feel like your life is being wasted away.
Family culture and pretty good place to work at
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 22, 2017
a typical day includes many different transactions and issues that may arise from different customers that would need to be resolved in a timely manner.