Easter Seals
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Easter Seals:

Easter Seals Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
This is a good place to start working within the child care industry. There is a lot to learn and management helps when necessary.Everyone is treated like family.
Grateful for the opportunity that I was given. Very safe work place, nice staff. Amazing environment to be in, I learned how to be more patient in certain situations.
Directors and teachers plays favoritism to certain employees. Let's children have free play all day. Teachers are lazy and not nice to kids behind parents back.
The workplace culture is not good and there is no opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on behalf of veterans. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.
Pros
Paid Time-Off
My position required certain tasks be completed, yet during operating hours I was often compelled to fill in for absent teachers, requiring me to finish these tasks after hours.
Pros
Wonderful company doing good things for the community
Cons
workers on the front lines of caretaking had no respect for their importance.
Easter Seals serves families well and the services that the teachers provided was well appreciated. The management was the reason I resigned quickly.

Yet the families and teachers and even the administration was well appreciated.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Lack of management structure
Easter Seals itself is well respected and appears to be a great organization; however their START program is not! In fact, I noticed while on a recent job search, the program has changed it's name.
A typical day would include driving to one of their locations either at a CSB or residential home. There was never a clear directive when it came to where to meet at. This was usually very last minute. I learned that it is very hard to start a program and execute a job role when there is no pre-established job role. Everyone seemed to be lackadaisical and placed little importance on doing much of anything. Workplace culture was terrible. Despite telling my manager multiple times that a co-worker (equal position as mine) was creating a hostile work environment, this worker's behavior was allowed to continue AND EXCUSED, I think partially due to the fact that he and the manager became friends. The hardest part of the job was maintaining pleasantries with hostile co-workers and within a hostile work environment that was allowed to continue despite mediation. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a couple of nice co-workers, but most importantly, getting the heck out of there!
Pros
Cons
Hostile environment encouraged, lack of support, bad health care and benefits package, disorganized!
it is a nice place to work if you have love and patience for children. The parents are nice and staff gets along fairly good. Corporate being upstairs is a plus.
I really enjoyed working here. The concept of an intergenerational center should be available in every community. The best part of my day was in the mornings when the participants would arrive to start their day and when I was able to successfully collaborate with both the family and other health care professionals to ensure the highest quality of care. The most difficult part of the job was knowing that not enough clients were able to take advantage of this type of program. I especially enjoyed being able to interact with the clients and their families.
Pros
Great benefits, generous vacation package, supportive work environment
Great place to gain experience.. staff is very nice.... the clients are amazing gifted people. The mission of the org is wonderful. More people should volunteer with Easter Seals. It will forever change your life.
I have been a volunteer at Easter Seals serving DC|MD|VA for almost two years. The experience has help me advance my skills in HR. In addition to that it also allow me to utilize my research and development. I was given the task of writing their Internal Transfer Policy, which they are currently using. The organization is a great non profit company. They specialize in disabilities, they are an integrated facility, in which they house the elderly and children with disability. The concept works wonders for both generation. In addition to that they also help Veteran's with two programs for both female and male Vets.

I enjoy what I do there, working with people who understanding of human values equal to my own, make easy to volunteer my time there.
Pros
I get the experience working in the HR department.
Cons
No money in the budget to make me a perminate employee
There is a lack of leadership and support within this specific center. because of this imbalance teachers get stressed and leave and the parents notice the disfunction and leave..
Always looking forward to come to work everyday and work provide lots of training. Helps improved my personality, learned how to use online lesson plannings and was offered to Administrator position.

Management are always available when needed and very flexible when it comes to their employees schedule that has other jobs, school, etc.

Workers are very energetic and always helpful to one another.

The hardest part of the job when you have to deal with difficult parents specially when it comes to discussing about their child growth development.

I love working in Easter Seals and enjoyed teaching children.
Pros
Salary increase based on performance, paid vacations, paid holidays, free lunches and giveaways.
Cons
Low salary, don't pay overtime.
I love working with the children who attend Easter Seals, but the management of the Easter Seals with which I am currently employed has horrible management. There is little respect shown to the teachers and staff from management, and there are not many benefits with this job. The pay is also horrible for the long hours of work and the effort put into working here.
Pros
good experience working with children
Cons
very stressful
my cowkers wasn't very nice the parents was the best very loving and understanding. the children was very fun and happy my manger wasn't understanding or caring at all.
the internship is actual work, which is a good thing. I do much more than make copies and stock supplies, I have actual projects and responsibilities.
Great place to work and change lives. help miltary families
I have learned a how to care for elders a little more. i also learned the corrected and professional way to answer business calls.
Veterans want jobs. Employers want the best candidates possible and express a desire to hire veterans. Yet, the unemployment rate for recently separated veterans remains 50% higher than for the general public. The potential is there yet the solution has not been found. The cost to society is billions in unemployment benefits, more in long-term lost potential in the economy, and leaves those who have served on our behalf frustrated. The bottom line— veterans who can do a great job are still unemployed. As hundreds of thousands of service men and women are discharged over the next few years, the problem will grow worse unless we intervene now.
reorganized almost entire 3rd floor
did some data entry

did miscellaneous work for multiple employees
Days are typically long and instead of hearing about the good things you are doing or places that will/could need improvement, you hear nothing but negative comments.
Pros
Being able to change the lives of these young and impressionable children
Cons
The sense of progression and growth is not present
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easter Seals. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight