Easter Seals Employee Reviews

I like it, cause you your own boss.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed my job, cause I like to help people. I just want God to use me, so I can be blessing to others. And God gets the glory for my work. People can see the God in me.
Pros
I set my our schedule for work.
Cons
No benefits and no taxes taken out
The salary only real problem
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
Pay more appreciate the staff for all the hard work. Saying that because most of the residents are in wheel chairs. Sometimes it can really get hard to do when the residents have behaviors.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Every day something is wrong
horrible managemant
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 21, 2018
They do not respect their employees. If you are new your word doesn't matter to upper management. The consumers are great people to work with it is just the horrible staff.
Cons
THe company is good to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  3321 winter Heaven drive,LarvaneMay 19, 2018
A typical work day which is the normal routine when the clients get back from day program. We as team begin to prepare for their arrival and also snacks for them to take. Getting feedback from the staff from the day program about each individual help us to know how to deal with the individuals.
Management will always support us when help is needed in any ramification.
Work place culture is like having a routine which is a guideline for all staff
Hardest part of the Job is when communication among staff is not properly communicated when it concern being successful on the shift
The most enjoyable part of the Job is when our individuals are happy
Pros
Everything is fine
Cons
No problem
Enjoyable place to work
Personal Care and Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 19, 2018
Easter seals was a very interesting and at times challenging place to work as well as fun. I always enjoyed the participants there and enjoyed just making them smile and helping them to have a great day
Very uplifting work plsce cant wait to go to work
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Canton massMay 19, 2018
Great place to work ,staff were always wanting to help. SLONG WITH MANAGEMENT People Were SO NICE , the rec department was always there to help out during summer camp l love working there.5 stars
Pros
Love helping the children
Cons
Not yo many
Very good
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2018
I enjoyed the variety of work. Everyone I worked with was very kind and helpful. I would recommend this company to others. I learned a lot while I was there.
excellent boss and work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BCMay 14, 2018
when I worked at easter seals camp I had a very good respectful boss which allowed her staff to expand themselves to different aspects of the camp if willing. great experiance
Pros
everything there. kids and councilors were great to inter act with. had a great time there
Cons
non
Great place to work with families in need
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 14, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy working one on one with clients. I enjoy working with parents and children so that they are able to work with their disability
Pros
working with the families
Cons
communication
Would never go back
Autism Specialist (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 14, 2018
The training for their Autism Specialist position is terrible. They expect you to do "therapy" even if you are not a qualified therapist. Leadership was terrible at the location i worked at. They also told you when you interviewed you'd have to work some evenings. But in reality, if you had an open evening, they would expect you to schedule clients every evening you had open. You were supposed to have a certain amount of hours with clients a month. They would expect you to get these hours even if you had nowhere near the amount of clients to be able to obtain the hours.
Pros
Pay was pretty good and get reimbursed mileage
Cons
Terrible leadership, terrible expectations & training
great representation of older generation
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 14, 2018
On a typical day I make sure medications are taken, and that all hygiene needs are taken care of. As well as housework grocery shopping etc are taking care of and bills. The hardest part of my job is seeing the family not be very attentive to their loved one.
Pros
we have great conversations
Cons
When her family upsets her.
Beneficial mentally
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working there but no one communicated and the management was poor. It truly is a mentally beneficial job but can be tiring after a while.
Pros
Getting to work with such amazing individuals
Cons
Bad management
Awesome people and great environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 13, 2018
The company is an incredible company that is solely based on giving their participants the best solutions possible and the work environment is awesome with the people in the office and therapists. Upbeat and easy going, the work load is manageable with the teams.
Easy going work place. Great co-workers and team building activities. Great client interactions.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 10, 2018
I loved my job here and I know I made a difference. I was sad to go, but I had been there many years, serving children and adults with disabilities in every range. I had to make changes in my work life to adjust to changes in my kids lives. I was able to do my job, with proper training, continued education and team supports.
Pros
Great client and family connections, Positive feel to the office and staff attitudes, Team based approaches to problem solving, Fun trips to conferences out of town.
Cons
Sometimes stressful when families had struggles, sometimes I was overloaded with monthly paperwork to get done.
nice place to work at the time I worked
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working there the staffing was nice at the time of my employment I didn't care for the house Manger at the time but over all nice place to work
Pros
I can only go buy my experience it was a layed back steady job
Cons
if you can deal with different personalities and mental challenges this is the job for you
Good workplace to advance and made a steady income and get holidays and weekends off.
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 8, 2018
Working with the clients is very self-fulfilling and gratifying. You really feel like you've made a difference at the end of the day. It can be a relaxed workplace but it can also get a little hectic at times as well. You need to have a lot of understanding and patience for this job. It's not for everyone but if you're a very nurturing and caring person and would like to work with people that have disabilities, this is the perfect job.
Pros
get weekends and holidays off.
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Get place to work
Team Support - LUNA (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 8, 2018
Easterseals is a great place to work and advance your career. They promote a healthy work / life balance and ensure each employee receives the care and attention they need.
Pros
performance bonus, paid time off
Good company if your fulltime or in management
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 7, 2018
Working as a BI you are at the mercy of the schedulers to schedule you for work. They are slow and your supervisor will do nothing to help you cause they don't supervise that area.
Fun place to work and offers great experiences for therapy interns!
Speech Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL and Bloomington, ILMay 6, 2018
This was a great place to do my internship for my graduate program for speech-language pathology. I loved my supervisor and the other therapy staff. I learned a lot about speech therapy in the outpatient and EI settings, as well as about other therapy's disciplines and roles in these settings.

Everyone is very welcoming and eager to lend a helping hand to a student wanting to learn! Was given many great opportunities at Easterseals to build upon my knowledge and develop my skills!
Never a dull moment
Member of Volunteer Club (Present) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2018
Helping at Easter Seals is very rewarding. I have the chance to work with so many different people. Many may find working with disabled adults difficult but they are so sweet and amazing it is truly an incredible experience