Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Found 1,654 reviews matching the search See all 1,670 reviews
Independent nurse contractor
Independent Contractor Nurse (Current Employee) –  North DakotaAugust 17, 2018
I have been with this company for over a year. If you are a nurse who wants to take a step back from the politics of patient care and would like to have the opportunity to do some one-on-one care, while still being able to pay your bills, I strongly recommend you give this a try! You make your own schedule so work it with your current job for extra $$ each month or take on different nursing assignments for more stability. It is flexible and up to you.
The casemangers are very kind, flexible, and willing to work with your strengths. They always have time for me when I just stop in the office for something. The office staff are very kind and professional (and I am not just saying that).
The only minor set back is you will need to obtain your own insurance before you can work independently and not 'orientation'. But it is worth it once you are settled.
Pros
You make your schedule
Cons
Monthy pay
Relaxed invoronment
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2018
1. Get ladies from program and return home. assist with toileting for those who needed. Have a recreation period. Make dinner or give medication-duties are allternated daily. Then there showering and bedtime.
2. As far as work I've done this since 2001. The knowledge is there. When it comes to supervisors, I've leard that I have to always take notes. and find out who their supervisor is I say this because supervisors alwys say that they will like you to come to them with any issues. Even if you do there is nothing done about it
3.Present supervisor treat staff as if they are her personal assistant
Its always "listen to what Im saying. I don't want to hear what you have to say"
4. Usually the hardest part is working with some staff. This time its the supervisor. And wwhen you talk to her supervisor about it nothing changes.
Working with the individuals and staff. We all work together.
the enoyable part is when you see the progress you've made with the indivduals
Life skills Coach II
Life Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 16, 2018
Easter Seals was my first employer non-profit organization I enjoyed working there with all the individuals plus staff the support of management of knowing of family and ongoing situations were well supportive during the time of employment I have always enjoyed my position as a life skills coach to behavioral Department
Pros
Reward incentives based on your appraisals are excellent
Cons
Na
Though slow paced, great interactions made it worth it
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2018
Teaching basic ADL's on a daily basis seemed tedious. Once it clicked and some of the patrons was able to do it without prompts, there's a feeling of more than just an accomplishment.
Hard worker, excellent attendance
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
I feel like I’m a great worker I bring great quality to the team and I’m passionate about the service I provided to our students.Great attendance etc.
Accounts Receiveable
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 13, 2018
This was your laid-back career in a busy office. It was a great location and a fun place to work. Small group and very loving. I loved living in NC and having a job close to home.
Pros
Outstanding group of teammates
Fun people and very helpful
Home caregiver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 12, 2018
They did all they could to make life easier and the job less stressful always available to answer questions and helpful with new programs and schedules
Pros
Made my own vacation and hrs
Cons
A culture of bullying by management, gossiping, and hostile work environment
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTAugust 12, 2018
There is very little training at all and you are thrown into your position blindly. Little to no communication between management and employees unless it’s to bully and intimidate. You can not bring any ideas to management without being criticized and made to feel inferior. The compensation is subpar for the work you do and i would not recommend this if you need to survive.
Pros
Hours are good. Monday thru Friday usually out by 4
Cons
Hostile work environment, subpar compensation, bullying, no real HR to go to with real issues.
I'm a productive person.
Resident Assistant/Personal Care (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the is meeting difference people. The hardest part of the job, for me is going into a person home the first time. The workplace culture is good. A typical day a work is difference everyday.
Pros
A good place to work
Cons
Take to long to find you a new clients.
workplace culture
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
The work environment is comfortable. I actually enjoy coming to work and I find it peaceful for the most part. Our company mission, values and expectations are well established and communicated to all employees and deep rooted into the communities, in which we provide services.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Limited Career Advancement
A lot if complaints and must be used to working
Community Activities Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2018
Everyday, you work with people with disabilities and you must have a heart for people. Don't care what you do, you will get complaints and dirty looks from community.
Pros
Work with adults
Cons
Lot of community complaints
Dedicated, Caring Staff
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 8, 2018
The staff at Easter Seals were open to train me as a Certified Peer Support Specialist. I followed different PSS's, they answered my questions. If they didn't have an answer, they would point me in the right direction. I did a lot of research. Then I was assigned individuals. Helping individuals help themselves was the best part of the job.
Pros
Open caring staff
Rewarding
Direct Care Staff- Lead (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 7, 2018
Rewarding job working with individuals with ASD. Building professional relationships with your consumers, supervisors, and families tha tyou work with.
Exceptional Service, education and outreach to help those with disabilities live a full life
Supervisor Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 6, 2018
The company truly cares about the clients they serve and wanting to help them live a full life. They are always looking for ways to make our jobs more efficient, so they can better serve their clients.
Pros
Great people to work with each day.
Cons
Not much room for growth. Most promotions are a lateral move in salary.
Awesome
Specialized Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 6, 2018
I loved the job, and the environment. I was able to assist the residents with every day things, and it made me feel like i was doing a great service.
Great Part-Time Job
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 6, 2018
It's all about the clients. (the kids) If you're good with kids then working for this company will be great. If you're not, don't do it.
Getting a child's motivation is one of the hardest things to do. Especially if they are under the spectrum. Management is good, but having a good supervisor, (PM) is another crucial aspect of the job. They keep you centered, making sure you are running the programs properly.

Although the pay is decent starting, after a year of proving yourself, they should give more than a .25 cent raise.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a child who was once non-verbal, speak. And knowing it was because of your hard work that made it possible. Priceless.
Pros
Helping children, flexible hours.
Cons
The pay raises should be much higher.
You have the benifit of helping others
Care taker/personal attendent (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEAugust 5, 2018
It is what you make it.I work taking care of one person so I don't have a lot of different personalities to deal with being that you sometimes have to work with the disable.
Pros
Cons
No health care
N/a
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 4, 2018
Not enough pay but the staff was good to work with and the benefits wasn't so good but enjoy working with children of all ages and they don't give out raises
Needs better pay rates
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TNAugust 4, 2018
Do not receive equal pay as other companies in this same field, and the employees aren't appreciated as much as they should be, if they would hire more people the other employees wouldn't have to take up so much slack
Productive place to work
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TNAugust 3, 2018
A typical day at work for me is traveling and ensuring that my staff are completing the job task requirements for the job. I learned a lot being at this job. Learning new skills that will enable me to grow and pursue my career goals in life. The hardest part of this job is developing a team that will work together for the greater good of the company and will help us grow the company. What I enjoy most about my job is the smiles that my members put on their face when I am able to help them with what they need. The workplace culture is filled with talented people with so many skills. We have a lot of leaders within the company. I would like to see us work together more to come up with creative ways for us to improve as a whole.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
staff shortages