Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Production and Quality Control based business
Medical Kit Processor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2018
Good place to generate a good work ethnic, I learned how to be flexible and work with people from different demographics. also it teaches how to be self assured and positive about the quality of your production.
Great place for family intervention
Particioant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 20, 2018
I would refer this company to a friend or relative that may be seeking training or training to get back into the working environment. This is a place for learning new skills to become employable after being out of work for a period of time.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2018
Great place to work, the staff works every day yo help children with special needs. In our center each student is protected and care with professionalism and love.
Pros
Free lunch, free summer camps and after school programs
Bad
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2018
This company isn’t good but it’s a paycheck I enjoy the individuals but the directors and management suck but it does give you 5hrs of PTO per 40hr work week
Pros
The PTO is great
Work Enviornment
Externship-Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 15, 2018
This job was extremely laid back but fun to learn different things from filing, sorting, receptionist and meeting new people. What I truly loved about this job was that there was an area with special needs kids and walking by them to get to my area they were so cute and pleasant to be around.
Time consuming
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Cape May County, NJJune 13, 2018
very restrictive and management was hard to contact when needed. there was no room for career advancement. the job itself was rewarding because your helping people with disabilities succeed in day to day living.
Excellent Place to Work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 11, 2018
Just a great place to work.....great staff who work together....Great place to understand the needs of young adults who vary in need from Intellectual Disabilities to Autism to Asperger's.
Pros
Staff.....and the Managers who support staff.
Cons
Not really any...
Very pleased
Early Childhood Special Educator (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJune 10, 2018
Easterseals provided me with my first employed experience post graduation. I am beyond pleased with the caliber and expertise of my fellow colleagues.
Exciting
Direct Care Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 10, 2018
I enjoy working with the residence helping them and taking care of them. The management do not communicate with staff in a proper timing, staff seem to be inform about changes at the last minute. I like working over time which I can not do on this job due to contract which states no over time for staff who work 7 days on and 7 days off. The management only wants to allow staff to work over time when convenient for them with half your pay.
Pros
Cons
Respect
Co-workers are great
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 7, 2018
Coworkers are great. The mission is wonderful to support. Being part of corporate operations is difficult at times. Watching other teams promote within while your team does not is hard to stay motivated.
Most rewarding
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2018
It is a great place to work for, there is a great mission/ cause behind it! The children are amazing and most loving! The best part of waking up and knowing you are making a difference in someone else life.
Behavioral Intervention support in home
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2018
Providing in home behavior intervention. Hours are flexible. Easterseals bay area in San Jose has great management. Work culture is supportive. Great for building experience.
Poor upper management
ABA department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
They provide frequent trainings and try to improve your knowledge base. It is a stressful environment if you are not friends with management. Upper management forms cliques and seems to praise those they are friends with and criticize others. HR was not helpful when concerns would be brought to them regarding how employees were being treated by specific upper management.
Cons
Upper management and poor HR
Working at Easter Seals, NY helped me to enhance my office skills.
Contact Host Agencies (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
A typical day at the office has taught me to deal with people in a professional manner no matter what situation I faced. I have learned to how to deal with clients professionally and to give them the proper help that is required. Management was very informative and has an open door policy. The environment to very welcoming. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to new changes within the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that when there is a time of difficulty, the superiors are there to help.
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Can have a few hectic work days
stressful environment
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 4, 2018
with employees quitting/calling out often, it creates a place of high stress and covering peoples work with limited staff can be very difficult at times. previous operations manager was very unorganized and made the work place hectic and chaotic. Since she has been gone, things have been calmer and stuff has been getting done that makes a lot more sense.
Pros
be with kids of all ages/disabilities
Cons
low pay, no benefits if part time, no PTO/vacation days, lots of employees call out/quit often
Esucp review
Mobile Crisis Team Member (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 2, 2018
I have been employed with this company for almost ten years. It has had some growing pains here and there, but not due the company just the effects of the changes in mental health care. It allows you autonomy and the chance to grow as a mental health provider. The work place culture is supportive and caring. Hardest part of the job is not a reflection on the company, but the lack of available community resources available to our agency as a whole in my location. Helping people make the most of their lives and that there is a way of coping with life's challenges is the most enjoyable part of my job.
excellent
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 31, 2018
A professional environment and excellent feedback from the Director. Director is always available to work with you. Addresses any issues amongst employees immediately. Ensures that all children's needs and safety are met.
Pros
Summer job available
Cons
45 minutes lunch.
good program thru internship helping find employment
Intern (Current Employee) –  salvation armyMay 31, 2018
helps find long term employment opportunities and income thru internship also work experience in nonprofit thrift store. the program is geared for people 55 and older and helps older Americans reenter the work force
Pros
income
Cons
not a long term employment solution
poor management that works staff to death
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILMay 30, 2018
They have the highest turnover I have ever seen a company go through. They go through staff as much as how many meetings they have. It is a stressful work environment you are definitely putting in more work hours that what you are supposed to be doing so there is no work / life balance. There is no communication from upper management and overall they're upper management is just horrible except for one or two of the managers other than that it is ridiculous because you can't count on them for anything. Everyone that is promoted are all the same people from management's personal group of friends so staff that has more time and much more experience and qualified don't really stand much of a chance. Everything is micromanaged and if you voice your opinion on something expect to be the next one they get rid of.
Cons
micro manage, work employees to death, too many meetings that are pointless
Poor Management
Disaster Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 30, 2018
The manager expected you to do work when she hardly did work herself. She constantly stayed on her phone, but expected everyone else to work. The manager has no knowledge of the job she is doing, therefore causing the office morale to be extremely stressful.