Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Found 1,855 reviews matching the search See all 1,876 reviews
Good
Production Worker/ Custodian (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 11, 2018
Good training facility to work. They assist individuals with developmental disabilities find employment. I like working here. They give people a chance to work.
Pros
friendly
CEO is terrible.
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 7, 2018
I worked as a direct care provider for a few years. They pay 9.65$ per hour over weekends. Management does not listen or care. They claim to be Non-profit which technically they are. The money seems to be going to management. If you can ignore all that it will change your life.
Pros
Clients are the best
Cons
Non profit means gift not cash machine
ok
Personal Assistant & Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIDecember 5, 2018
Its ok was a job and didn't have any chance to move up in the organization. there was no more room to advance higher position. Fast paced and had to have patience when working with some of the patients.
Cons
Fun place to work, indifferent managers
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Stratham, NHDecember 5, 2018
My job at Easterseals NH made me smile more times than I could count. I love my job and the people I work with, staff and clients. A month after I started (and the day after my birthday) I got hit in the face by a client. It wasn't a hard hit, but traumatized other staff working and myself because this client went on a rampage and assaulted several staff and clients. I called my manager, who was 10 minutes away, and she advised me to 'give him some space, talk to him in 10 mins in a concerned mom voice, and call if it escalates'. I was so angry I started shaking, and eventually crying and had to excuse myself to the bathroom. That is only one of the many stories I have of that sort of "care" that my managers have shown me and my fellow employees.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
"benefits" take half your already tiny paycheck
Do not anger supervisor
Goodwill Ecommerce Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. I made the mistake of turning in a coworker for breaking privacy rules. This coworker became a manager and made my time at Goodwill miserable. I would have stayed, but this woman made it her mission to get rid of me. I walked out.
Pros
Fun and exciting work
Cons
Manager was horrible
It is enjoyable work
Direct Support Personnel (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TNDecember 4, 2018
I love the clients and enjoy my job. However management was not the best and it was like they did not care about DSP as long as it didn't effect them.
Relaxed place to work.
Unemployed. Stay at home mom. Worked part-time (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 3, 2018
A lot of data entry position. Interaction with school age children was fun. Field trips with the children were fun and the interaction was rewarding. A lot of hands on projects and meeting new people and placing them with the children was fun.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
temporary job.
Fun and energetic workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 30, 2018
It is a fun, energetic- loving place. A typical day at work was getting the kids ready for the day. That mean feeding them, getting them changed, making sure they are safe, doing activities. The job was not hard but it did have challenging days. The most enjoyable part was my children.
Pros
We received gift cards
Cons
Not enough pay
Family Oriented
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2018
Very family oriented, the culture is amazing. I learned so much and the best part was meeting new people everyday. Management feedback was given in a timely manner.
Loved working here
Patient Account Rep/Biller (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 29, 2018
I all around loved working here sad I had to move away I still keep in touch with the staff there. They were amazing no gossip everyone helped everyone
Pros
Lots of food all the time
Cons
Can't think of any
Very active workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 27, 2018
You most definitely get your time plus more if needed. Your daily routine consist of always being on the move. You instantly fall in love with the children.
Very productive fun workplace
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2018
I would recommend to anyone who likes working with kids. They have great staff. It is very family orientated atmosphere. The environment is very comfortable and easy going.
enlighten
Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 26, 2018
In order to train at the Easter Seal Program you must be 55+years
there are about 39 Non- Profit company ,that the Participants are sent to, not a 40 hrs normal 20 or 26 hours weekly I retire from Quest Diagnostic ,after 31 years and receiving Social Security.and Easter
Seals income was a great help, the duration time with Easter Seal
is 4 years,during my 4 years at the organization ,tranfer to different
location working most of my life in Corporate,enjoy and i didnt consider hard part .
Working with clients was the best
Direct care provider (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 24, 2018
Working with clients was one of the best decisions I could have made. They are all so heart warming and working with them didnt feel like a job it felt more like being with family.
Pros
Clients make it worth while to go to work
Cons
Management sucks
Creative Instructor
Community Living Instructor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MONovember 23, 2018
Working with special needs individuals with special needs. My accomplishments with the girls and see the smiles on their faces. To see them accomplish their goals.
Pros
It was fun to work with the girls
Cons
pay, not very good managment, no staff support
Awful
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 23, 2018
Half the people in charge of you and your time card tell you one thing while the other half tell you the complete opposite. It's a lose-lose situation.
Bearable because of your Coworkers and the Kiddos We Help
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 20, 2018
There is nothing inherently fun/exciting about working in an office environment dealing with tons of paperwork and meeting deadlines all day. The people you work with can make it a whole lot better though. I have met some amazing individuals working for Easter Seals and I am thankful to have a great manager. Unfortunately, the low pay is a huge con to working here but helping children with developmental delays is always a rewarding experience that surely makes up for it.
dont do it
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NHNovember 20, 2018
don't do it... if you get hurt good luck getting reimbursed, don't get hurt. if you do work with them make sure you communicate safety at all times with your team.
Stressfull, low pay, good clients
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2018
I recommend having experience in the field before taking this job. The management are not tech-savvy and make you write everything with black ink on paper (including reports). it is stressful. You get paid working with your client a certain amount, BUT if the company has you do anything on their time you get paid minimum wage (meetings, training, exe.). they throw you in the field and send you straight to work after your training is complete. the clients make this job worth while. i have never met a bad client. you get to negotiate your hours with your client to fit your needs. the more clients you have, the more hours you will have. though the company dose not hire full-time ParaProfessionals. you will not get compensated for your gas money even if you are driving your client places. DO NOT take your client to appointments, you will get paid minimum wage. If you can handle all that, this is the job for you.
Pros
the clients are understanding, negotiate your schedule
Cons
stressful work, strict guidelines on documentation, low pay, no gas money compensation, no benefits, no full-time, no to little breaks
N/a
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DENovember 17, 2018
N/A Participants were wonderful and extremely nice to work with. I enjoyed working with some of the employees and my supervisor was wonderful. Excited to work there