Easter Seals Employee Reviews

Okay
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 14, 2018
The work is very rewarding and definitely can learn a lot in any position here. The pay was not competitive here and management sometimes seemed to be uninterested in the clients or employees.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Low pay
Not a Positive Experience
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95864October 13, 2018
I liked my Clients, my work and a few professional staff.

Requires a lot of Paperwork, but what's new.

Experience with the Clients was very rewarding.

Poor Team Building for Staff
Behavioral Interventionist (RBT) Pros and Cons
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 12, 2018
Being a Behavioral Interventionist (RBT) had its pros and cons.

Pros:
Working with children, making a difference, working part time while in school, and good vacation/holiday benefits.

Cons:
Client cancellations with no pay even if Behavioral Interventionist (RBT) showed up for session, poor communication via the scheduling department, gaps in schedule ( Ex: 9am-11am client session, gap from 11am-1pm (no pay), 1pm-2pm indirect time in office, session 3pm-4:30pm, session 5pm-7pm) expensive health care (have to attain an average of 27 hours which is difficult with frequent cancellations) driving a lot of miles a day (lack of compensation), hard to get a raise (Lack of response from HR department ) and late hours (If client session was in Brentwood from 5pm-7pm, and your residence is in Concord, Behavioral Interventionist would get home at 7:45 pm). The scheduling portion of the job was more stressful than the actual work.
the were very helpful to the employees
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 12, 2018
I love my co workers and had a great time with the company.
always on hand wihen I had questions or need help with the the paperwork or anything and and even help when I had another postion up they help with the transition
Great company and Great opportunity
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 12, 2018
Easter Seals was a great company to work for. Not much growing room for nurses but other employees had the opportunity. I would highly recommend working with Easter Seals.
work place culture
Senior Service Coach (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 3, 2018
I worked in multiple of houses in Easter Seals. In some i work with 4 l clients and for others i worked with 6 clients helping them to meet their daily need. I learned a lot about clients behavior mood swing and how to give client personal space. Management culture is more of cooperation and team spirit. The hardest part of the work is the fear thing everybody was sort of protected his or her job when issues arise it was the culture to look for easy targets. The best part of the job is when you work with like minded people it makes the work easy because the mistakes of others affect you as individual. Some staff can hide their mistakes and it affect everybody.
Great job awesome pay
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 2, 2018
I work here and am looking to relocate to Newacastle Pa so looking for something in that area. I have experience in many different fields and just looking for something interesting. I work very well with people.
Will Not Recommend
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJOctober 2, 2018
Company very unstable. Management constantly changing. The only good thing is that cross training is offered. The company really cared about the mission.
Pros
Cross Training
Cons
Turnaround is bad
N/a
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2018
Working with the student in afterschool and summer program. I assisted them with their homework, doing crafts, drawing, and doing outside activities. We work more times during the summer.
Not the best company to work for
Transition Coordinator (TC) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHOctober 1, 2018
Not the best company to work for. Management is not helpful and they are not easy to speak with. The CEO was very welcoming and offered guidance. The salary is low and does not match with the amount of work required. I would not recommend this company to work for.
benefits
Cons
not the best company to work for
Self Managed
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJOctober 1, 2018
I love working with the family I teamed up with. I manage my timesheets, expenditures, and mileage. Always paid on time. Would recommend to a friend.
awesome place to work
Caregiver and House Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 30, 2018
Nice company, pleasant place to work, flexible, and modern. Great training and on lots of topics. A very professional place to work. Would recommend to anybody.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can't afford insurance
Enjoyable work
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2018
It is nice working with the children. Sometimes the injuries inflicted by the children gets to be a little overwhelming. It is not natural for people to be hit by others it is kind of part of the job but it can become emotionally draining.
Pros
Decent benefits, almost fair pay
Cons
constant physical injury by students.
I have been working with part time about 4 1/2 months.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 28, 2018
As receptionist's my daily tasks will involve:
Meeting and greeting clients.
Booking meetings.
Arranging couriers.
Keeping the reception area tidy.
Answering and forwarding phone calls.
Screening phone calls.
Sorting and distributing post.

The most hardesst part of a receptionist is when all the phone lines lines light at the same time,

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people in need. Being able to be a team player.
Pros
"I worked with a great manager, and got to help people. Flexible schedule for those who desire to go back to school.
Cons
The pay is low and the hours per are low
cuthroat job
Senior Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2018
unprofessional cut throat job with upper management that don't appreciate staff, never communicate between the school or resindential staff and upper management both try to sabotage each other
Good beginner job
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 24, 2018
A very hectic, underfunded program that fails to rehabilitate many of its patients. High turnover rate and a lot of overtime and needing to stay late.
Family Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GASeptember 23, 2018
Easterseals is an awesome place of employment. We help individuals with developmental disabilities. Individuals are connected to resources that are needed to live in their communities.
Most stressful environment
teacher (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2018
Easterseals Arkansas is an extremely stressful place to work. They do not have a formal orientation process, they do not provide adequate training, and when you have not received that said training, you are at fault for that.
over all a regarding place to work
assist them (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
Over all a nice company to work for. It was a really regarding working with clients. I am looking for a place where there is more growth opportunities.
Working with people in recovery
Resident Instructor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NHSeptember 20, 2018
The clients are the main reason I love working there. I can relate and understand what they are going through because I also am a recovered addict. Every day is different.
Pros
Free lunches