Eastern Connecticut Health Network Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 28, 2018
Fake and ignorant management. They promise you one thing then pretend they never said it. Also, certain doctors are impossible to work with and have malpractice suits awaiting to happen.
Eastern Connecticut Health Network
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 16, 2018
Working as an RN at ECHN has helped me to grow as a nurse. The unit has many experienced nurses that are willing to help
new nurses in developing the management of difficult patients. This may not be true on all units but it is definitely true on the unit that I work on. ECHN has also allowed me to work with a degree of autonomy.
Pros
flexible schedule, good work/home life balance
Cons
not many raises
echn
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 11, 2018
unpaid and over worked, mangement is poor, huge workload that keeps adding up , no raises and constant put downs from managment. Alot of vacacation time but they dictate how to use it
Good variety of job sites to work at
Staff Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJuly 9, 2018
Long time employee with overall positive experience at ECHN. Typical struggles seen are common in many healthcare organizations. Good group of coworkers who care very much about the community they serve and for each other.
Pros
Good work and life balance
Cons
Workflow sometimes slow
wonderful place to work, I miss it!
Staff MRI Technologists (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CT 06066June 28, 2018
I really do miss my job an ECHN, its, a wonderful place to work and the staff members are my friends, had I not had to move back to the south, I would still be there working as an MRI Technologists.
Lots of opportunities to learn, inexperienced supervisors
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CTJune 15, 2018
Well, supervisors need training
Lots of opportunities to learn and find out if you want to stay in the industry. Flexible schedule, hard work co-workers
benefits
Cons
unexperienced bosses
Excellent place to work
Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTJune 14, 2018
When I worked here it was a wonderful place to work. Managers were excellent. Great constructive feedback and excellent opportunity to continue to learn and grow.
Getting better
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 4, 2018
Since the merger with Prospect Medical, administration is actively seeking to improve quality of employment throughout ECHN. Overall, benefits are pretty good and affordable.
Pros
Flexible job schedule
Cons
Money driven
Avoid the Clinical Day School at All Costs
Staff member at school (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 26, 2018
There is a particularly bad workplace environment at the Manchester Hospital Clinical Day School. The administration constantly undermines the teachers and provides no support in the face of unreasonable parents, and occasionally violent students. Consider this carefully and make your own decisions.
Pros
Good dining room if you can afford it
Cons
Where do I begin?
Not a good work environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 15, 2018
Would not recommend working here, management is unethical and not supportive of employees. Work is not about patient care and focused solely on money.
set up for failure-never seen anything like it
nurse, med. assist., administr. duties-everything (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 26, 2018
Not enough training what so ever-thrown into position-no support-very disorganized-poor management-unrealistic high expectations then being written up for not keeping up, high stressed, short staffed- very short of help then responsibilities increase, untruthful coworkers, losing patients-poor work flow, not employee friendly, for profit company, MD's can't even keep up seeing usually over 25 pts/day (20 minutes each), set up for failure- no raises, and ongoing history of being unprofessional, impossible work place.
Pros
vendor lunches
Cons
no bathroom breaks, high expectations, impossible work load, lack of staff replacement, poor management
Poor management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 11, 2018
Management here is atrocious. Complaints can be voiced by numerous people an abundant amount of times and nothing is ever done. There is no quality control, it is absolutely sickening.
Cons
No 40 hours a week
Great Benefits
Medical Assistant/ Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 22, 2017
This company has great employees and excellent benefits. I really enjoy the patients and working with the physicians. The pay is definitely fair and so are the managers.
Worst job I've had
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 1, 2017
The office I worked at was super stressful to work at due to the fact that it was always understaffed. Management is horrible and the pay is very low for the amount of work, responsibility and stress. I got into the medical field because I care about people and ECHN as a company ONLY cares about money these days. I feel like since being bought out things have worsened and there is no sign of things improving.
Cons
expensive insurance, very low pay, lots of job stress, minimal support
High stress enviroment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 10, 2017
Last two years the worst place I have worked in. OR managers are incompetent, level of stress is high resulting in conflicts with staff. Most of the experienced nurses have left. No salary increase in years. Very negative work enviroment!
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Managment
No job security.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsMarch 19, 2017
Worked here for more than 20 years. Almost no raises, no money match for several years, decreased all non-patient care position hours which significantly reduced pension/social security/retirement incomes. Stress level high. Used to be a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good medical benefits, vacation time.
Cons
High stress environment, constantly being asked to do more for same pay, seldom got raises or money match.
Great Community Hospital
HR Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 26, 2016
Great community hospital feel.

The people are kind and the benefits are good if you like a good work/life balance.

Is being acquired by a for profit company.
Pros
Well priced benefits and a lot of Paid Leave time
Cons
Short staffed
Run fast
Manchester Hospital (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 26, 2016
I worked here for a few weeks and it was the worst environment I have ever been in. My "co workers" were mean and rude to from the start. They lied to my manager to get me fired for stupid stuff that never happened. The whole company offers the high school clicks, if you are not a back stabber you will not fit in. They will use everything they got to get you out. Patient access has hired someone new every month for the past year- there is a reason for that. The management has the same history. RUN- don't work here! Trust!
Pros
Heath care
Cons
No salary increase do not motivate people to stay on the job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vernon Rockville, CTJuly 30, 2016
No raise since I started there in 2012. It was non profit then and it is now being taken over by big business. It is not as well though of by the community than it was in the past since its formal inception with ECHN.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
no monetary increases
Excellent Co-workers
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tolland, CTMay 30, 2016
Management and coworkers make the work experience. The pending purchase of the corporation makes for uneasiness within the workforce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Connecticut Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7