Eastern Connecticut State University Employee Reviews

Great place to work. people are fabulous
Head Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 20, 2018
I have worked at Eastern for 17 years and went to school there. It's an incredible
place, but need more of a challenge. Im salary and never wanted to miss a day of work. You take pride in working with the students. Therefore, you have the ability to make the most of your job. I love my job, building relationships, challenging student athletes to be better people and compete at a high level.
Pros
flexibility to work within parameters.
Cons
work life balance was tough
good place
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 17, 2018
Good place to study. Learned lot of things. Friendly environment to study. Class room sizes are small. So can interact with lots of people. Many international students.
Wonderful Experience
Business Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJune 3, 2018
As an intern I gained valuable business experience. My intern leader helped to provide perspectives that might have otherwise been missed had there not been a concerted effort on the part of ESCU to ensure a good experience for all.
I work here as a adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 26, 2018
Its a fine place to work as a professor. I am given ample opportunity to demonstrate my teaching abilities and I enjoy the teaching environment. That's all.
tour guide
Admissions Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 2, 2018
as a tour guide for eastern i was able to show prospective students what eastern would be like for them i was able to help them and show them around campus, i was able to answer any other the questions they might have beofre coming to the school.
Pros
showing off the school
Cons
didnt get paid enough
Fantastic work environment, rewarding experience
Programming Coordinator, Campus Activity Board (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMay 1, 2018
Working as a programming coordinator, I have built connections with numerous companies, agents, and vendors. I have greatly improved my leadership and communication skills, and have managed large budgets along the way. Supervisors are all fantastic and supportive, and this is definitely a place I would recommend working at.
Pros
Work environment, responsibilities
Cons
Pay, benefits
great place
Resident Assistant of housing and residential life (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 25, 2018
I worked as an RA while going to college. I was a fun job that taught me how to manage people effectively that helped me in my current job. I would recommend any college person to be an RA
Great Place to Teach
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 16, 2018
The students are fantastic to work with and my department is very supportive. Every department is different, but I think the University as a whole cares about the lives and education of the students.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Lack of job security for adjuncts
Very positive
Student Writer (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 20, 2018
This office is highly underrated. The entire staff is very supportive and creates an environment that breeds success as well as a friendly relationship between student-employee and manager.
Not the best
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 4, 2018
I learned that even as a student and a resident assistant the people in charge want you to put aside being student to be a resident assistant first. They say that the RAs are compensated fairly but truly they are not.
Internship
Sports Center Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTFebruary 5, 2018
I worked in the office for a percentage grade for a class. Job was simple and straight forward. Worked in the office primarily organizing pictures of student athletes.
Great Place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work and be able to live on campus and not have to pay. Job can be stressful at times and may impact your GPA. But overall a good experience.
Pros
Lots of free stuff
Cons
Can be stressful
great working with the students
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJanuary 11, 2018
its great working with the students and helping them to succeed in achieving their goals. The staff at ECSU are extremely helpful and all share the desire to help the students succeed.
Pros
great staff and students
Cons
little job security
Depends on the day
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJanuary 10, 2018
There is always a lot to do during the beginning of the school year. However once all of that is done there are many days where there is nothing to do, which is nice because you can do your homework. Sometimes it gets boring though. The boss is nice as long as you're on her good side.
Relaxing Enviorment with low stress and
Circulation Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTDecember 18, 2017
Very relaxed and low stressed. Gives me time to do my homework. sometimes a little boring. Easy to get a day off and they are very flexible with my schedule.
Pros
Time to do homework
Student job
Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 9, 2017
My position at the Student Accounting office was in association with a work/study program. It was a wonderful job that allowed me to use my love of numbers and budgets. It was a temporary position and once I found a position that paid more, it terminated employment.
Pros
on campus
Cons
not enough pay or time
Beware if you have multiple responsibilities as a student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 7, 2017
My time as an RA was difficult mostly because I had so many other responsibilities outside of school that it was near impossible for me to keep up. I had a job, I was in military programs, and was working volunteer opportunities locally. Unfortunately, I lost balance of it all and this job is what took the hit. I was having difficulty paying for school so i thought this would help lessen the burden. So lets summarize the experience:

The Good:
1. free room and board
2. free food
3. resume builder (if you do well)
4. Flexible with school

The Bad:
1. Odd hours 12-30 hours depending on the week
2. Night shifts and on call overnight
3. extra programs to develop
4. If your supervisor doesn't like your programs you will redo them
5. Not flexible with outside school activities
6. Must be a part of an RA organization
7. Supervisor strictness varies pending your supervisor

It was a good learning experience, but if you have many responsibilities outside of school beware the implications of this job.
Pros
Free Room/Board
Cons
Varying hours of work
Career Training
Interim Co-Director, Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTOctober 25, 2017
Lots of training and educational advancement programs available. Great network opportunities. Diversity within certain departments. Opportunities to collaborate with other professionals.
Office Life at Eastern Connecticut State University
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTSeptember 25, 2017
Working as an Office Assistant at Eastern Connecticut State University there was always something to do on a daily basis. For the most part, you are super active. While working you get to interact with students and friends, which is the best part.
Undergraduate Student Job
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Typical writing tutor student job. Could only work up to maximum of about 10 hours a week. Pay was alright for the job. Shifts were short and flexible.