EASTERN DENTAL Employee Reviews

Productive, fun and a caring enviroment to work in!
Manager/RDA (Current Employee) –  Woodbury Heights, NJApril 16, 2018
I have been with Eastern Dental for 20 years! It is a family environment and they really care about their staff and most importantly their patient care! Truley is a wonderful place to work!
No team work
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJApril 4, 2018
Everyone including manger are only looking out for self no one id helpful and very few are friendly benefits are super expensive and hr is out of state and impossible to reach or get a phone call back
Do Not Recommend
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Not a great place to work. I was there for 6 months and had 2 Supervisor quit from front desk because of management. Very cliquey and no room for growth, low pay.
Hostile
DENTAL OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 28, 2017
The corporate office is good but the management within the office is not do not want to write a review have nothing to say it’s very busy and hectic staff is spiteful and has no loyalty to each ither
Cons
For your happiness, apply else where
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 14, 2017
1. The company is money hungry. The only smile corporate is worried about is their own. The actual employees care though and are great from my point of view.
2. You won't be trained. They will show you and you will catch on or catch heat. If you actually like to learn about the job, it's hard to do here. Asking questions, good idea. However, hope everyone is in a good mood that day.
3. If your hired for one position, you'll end up doing 5 others... for the same pay. You may gain experience but you won't gain income, unless it's annual or you become a supervisor.
4. The company is ran like a zoo. You are the animal and corporate is the zoo keeper. This zoo keeper, has no experience in running an office though apparently. Perhaps they weren't taught how to do their jobs either.

If you get lucky you'll be working with great people and if you do get hired get experience and get out or 9/10 times you'll be stuck and miserable. The stuff you have to deal with isn't worth the benefit. You'll be saving yourself from a lot of unnecessary stress not working here.
Pros
Co-workers, experience
Cons
Corporate, pay, no good training
Poor management, no training, and they expect you to do everyone elses job!
Financial (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJAugust 31, 2017
When I applied here I wrote on my application "No dental experience," when I interviewed I also told the Manager the same thing "I have no dental experience, but I can learn." I was hired. I was then not even TRAINED! I was shown how to do things a couple times, and then thrown into it. Whenever I asked the Managers questions, they got annoyed! I learned quite a lot by watching others, and asking questions no matter how annoyed anyone got.. My job that I was HIRED FOR was "Financial" meaning I handled the money.. I didn't make ANY mistakes with this. But once I had to "cover another employees position" I made THREE MISTAKES in a MONTH with NO TRAINING! AND THEY WERE MINOR MISTAKES! and I was "let go" for that reason.. NOT EVEN HAVING TO DO WITH ANYTHING THAT I WAS HIRED FOR! What did I make mistakes on? Codes, that were barely taught to me, and me ASKING FOR HELP with them.. meant "I didnt want to learn." according to the supervisor that threw all of her work at me while I was also trying to do mine. God forbid I asked the Regional Manager ANYTHING, it was like I was bothering her soul! She wasn't a friendly lady either. I went into this place everyday and tried my best, and was friendly to everyone. Guess you can only work here if you can build rome in a day.
Pros
Nice patients.
Cons
No training and poor management.
Friendly Enviroment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJAugust 9, 2017
Friendly Enviroment
Typical workday consisted of insurance breakdowns,calling to confirm patient appointments and review procedures being performed,insurance breakdowns,and recalls
Busy workplace that provides the opportunity to learn new skills,
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 28, 2017
I worked in a different work environment every few months and was provided the opportunity to learn many different aspects of the dental field, The staff was young and creative, management was young and innovative.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement and the chance to advance into a dental career, always willing to teach new responsibilites to those that wanted to advance, office staff was very friendly
Cons
A lot of office gossip, raises were hard to come by, once you were used to working one environment you would be moved to a different job.
Busy but fun environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 15, 2017
I always got along with all of the other office personnel. Great hours and great benefits. Always busy but that is always a good thing! It helped me realize I wanted to take the next step in my career.
Very productive office
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJFebruary 25, 2017
Everyone helped each other for the most part. Very friendly work place. During down time i always found things to keep me busy
Pros
Friendly like family ... Always busy
Cons
Some of the girls were to cliquish.....
over worked
Specialty Supervisor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Lots of room for growth was promoted to office manager
Support from Regional Manager
Staff in offices are great
quarterly meetings with company teams
Job Stability

Cons

Medical insurance cost to much to enroll
Employees should start at a reasonable rate
No communication from most staff (HR,Payroll and other corporate teams)
often times set unrealistic goals
High assistant role over due to being burnt out over Dr Schedules
Pros
stability
Cons
no room for growth
Good balance of independence and security
Associate Dentist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJNovember 11, 2016
Your schedule is as busy as you choose to make it.
Time management is a very important thing I learnt .
Loved my co-workers!!
Pros
Great
great place to start career
Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  nortfield, new jerseySeptember 5, 2016
Dental assistants are concerned with preparation of the patient, equipment, and instruments. In addition to readying the patient for treatment, the dental assistant may process x-rays, apply topical anesthetic, and insert or remove equipment or materials from the patients mouth as needed also assist dentists during procedures or surgery, by handing them instruments, or applying suction or rinse.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJAugust 17, 2016
Keep pretty busy. I learned how to efficiently assist. Management is okay. Most of the staff is great. Handling everything going on is the hardest part. But keeping busy is great too.
great work atmosphere
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 15, 2015
great work place to learn and advance in all fields of dental assisting excellent experience and stepping stone in all phases of dentistry along with working with a variety of doctors and co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Patient Oriented Work Place
Front Desk & File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vineland,NJOctober 25, 2015
Confirming patients appointments, to doing treatment plans and collecting copays from the patients. Very on my own to learn how to do things very trial and error. Took care of filing and pulling charts for the next work day. The hardest part was being afraid to ask for help since it was always an issue. The most enjoyable part was making relationships with patients.
Not the job for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 17, 2015
I am a big believer of "love your work place" so you can be happy and do a good job,
I honestly found the receptionist job isn't right for me
Get your experience and go
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Over worked and underpaid. Sucky benefits. They don't want people working there, they want robots. Run around working your hardest and it's still not appreciated. No matter how fast you are, you're still not fast enough. Some of the staff are so unprofessional. I've NEVER worked with a bunch of adults who talk about their coworkers in such negative manners. Its crazy because the boss being the main one. How do you disrespect your employees, call them names and belittle them amongst other staff? Not cool!! The use of profane language at an all high....of course not in front of patients but still, amongst other staff.Then right as that staff member is walking pass....talking about them. Ridiclious. I work in exams, and they usually finish a hour early everyday, leaving the remaining time for hygiene, so I don't even see 40hrs. Which I wasn't informed of during my interview. A few minutes early some days, is what I was told. Big difference from hours a week. I was suppose to start at one pay rate, got first check, it wasn't what was discussed. Was told it would change, still hasn't. Point is, no growth in this company, no respect in this company. I've been an assistant for years. An exceptional one at that. I go over and beyond to please my patients and employers. It should be reciprocated. Employers need to understand, if you treat your team well, they will always have employees who don't mind going the extra mile, staying late, doing overtime, training people, etc. whatever. Treat you employees right and they will make sure your business stays good. Period.
Great job for a multi tasker that likes to be busy!!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LawrencevilleJuly 22, 2015
If you like to keep busy and can multi task this is a great place to work. You are in a fast paced environment that challenges you on a daily basis. It is a great place if you are eager and willing to learn new things and branch out into new areas of the dental world! They provide training in areas of dental and medical billing, dental assisting, sterilization and reception skills. They offer paid time vacation that increases the longer you work there and as a longevity bonus you get your birthday as a paid holiday! I get off on my birthday every year no questions asked!!! If you work hard and can give exceptional customer service when people are not so nice to you, (because let's face it, who really likes going to the dentist?) you can go far and earn a good hourly wage. It is fast paced and stressful, you can get burnt out quickly if you are not able to multi task like crazy!!!
Pros
Great paid time off.
Cons
Expensive benefits, high stress
For the most part I enjoyed working there
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 19, 2015
A fast paced job at times. Liked for the most part my co workers. Management at that time was ok. I learned that people can be mean. If you asked a coworker for help most would help. Hardest part of job was getting your direct co worker to help you and the enjoyable part was the down time because it was a fast paced office