Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Labor and Delivery
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Former Employee) –  Labor and deliveryAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working in labor and delivery as a CST. I didn’t mind being on call during the weekend or night. I do wish they would have a full time position for that department. I was not receiving any benefits at the time I was working. I tried to work in the main or but was told I need to choose between Labor and Delivery or the main or.i choose the main or but was told there were no postings available. Work environment in the main or was not the best. Other CST didn’t want to teach me new things, I felt like a burden on them. I was very much disappointed in that. I was excited to learn for great people but I was not thought anything but to stay out of the way and I would never fit in there so why try. This was the feeling I received during the 3 months I worked in the main OR. Labor and delivery was a great place everyone new what there job was. The staff was very friendly and very helpful if I had questions. I miss working there.
I was a nice work place
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 24, 2018
I liked helping people and being able to feel like I was needed. I loved seeing people faces when I would walk into there room asking if they want to do anything. I also loved delivering flower to patiens.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Having so much down time
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 20, 2018
Floor nursing at the hospital is not a good fit for everyone as the hours are long and the work is demanding but rewarding. I have enjoyed working here although I do feel they could look in-house for advancement before looking at others.
Pros
wages are competative
Cons
they don't offer higher wages for longevity
Forget Life - Work Balance
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 21, 2018
After filling in on many occasions, on the spot, often on holidays, at the last minute for absentee workers (including those who never called in to let management know they wouldn't be in -- but were neither reprimanded nor terminated), being retaliated against for the "cardinal sin" of having applied for a job with another company, and ultimately being terminated for no discernible reason, I do not have anything good to say about these people.
Pros
Pay was okay.
Cons
Everything else!
Some departments were more cohesive than others.
Surgery Case Management (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 10, 2018
I think most nurses were willing to help each other out. It can be difficult to get all work done in allowed time. There was often times the balance of not allowing overtime, and the other spectrum of having a low census and staff having to stay home.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be stressful with a heavy workload at times.
It has been a long time since I was employed at this place
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for the hospital, but it was a long time ago. The work environment then was good. There were a lot of benefits for employees who worked there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Competitive wage
good place
Full-Time CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 17, 2017
loved all the people who I worked with and for, amazing people. I loved the vastly different cultures I was experienced to by the travel nurses, staff, and patients.
Pros
Reduced Lunches, Good Pay, Great co workers
Cons
Long shifts
Professional working environment with exemplary team members
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is being a patient advocate and able to assist patient/families with their needs during their hospital stay and upon discharge. Hours are from 7:30am to 4:00pm but usually unable to leave on time due to late physician discharges. It is a quick-paced day with multiple interruptions due to the constant need of input from case management and social services. Nurses and front-line staff are great team players and advocate for their patients daily.
Pros
The Case Management/Social Services is a collaborative team.
Cons
Many times have to work through lunch.
Less than ideal
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 27, 2017
I worked here for a very very short time and all I saw was a toxic work environment and greedy coworkers. Could not stay there any longer and had to quit.
Great Staff Dynamic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time on the surgical/orthopedic floor. I learned a lot and enjoyed the team dynamic. Everyone I worked with was willing to teach me and answer my questions. The CNAs were amazing and extremely helpful.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
A place that I always learn something new every time I am there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 26, 2017
-Care for patients that have acute illness
-Assist patients in daily activities
-Handle medications to nursing tasks
-Assist physicians in performing procedures
-Every day I learn a new illness, symptoms, treatment, etc.
-It is a team work environment where I work closely with other medical staffs (nurses, CNA, physicians, physical therapist, respiratory therapies, housekeeping, etc.)
-Most enjoyable part of my job is to be involve in helping other get back to the best potential that they can be.
Pros
save lives
Cons
I feel this has a good balance
Assistant Supervisor in housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 13, 2017
As long as you do your work and keep up on the education everything is good. Things can get stressful at times but that is with anything. I am excited and privilege to be part of this team.
Pros
Benifits, paid time off, flexibility
Large Hospital for Area
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 13, 2017
Area hospital with many services. It is part of HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) Employees are friendly and try to provide good patient experiences.
As a previous employee, I would never take a loved one here.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 29, 2017
Overall, EIRMC is an outdated facility that has smart employees who simply don't have the resources to perform their jobs safely and competently. The facility is dirty, uses an archaic documentation system, and significantly struggles with recruiting and retaining productive leaders (management, administration) who promote a safety culture.

The units are disorganized, wasteful of supplies, unsafe in how they store products, filthy; short-staffed with mandatory extra shifts. The infection control issues in this hospital reach astronomical numbers.

Policies and procedures that are there to keep everyone safe are never followed appropriately and there is an attitude that this is sufficient. Employees tend to perform only the bare minimum interventions/tasks that are needed immediately to get through their shifts because the time, supplies, staff, and any other resources needed to actually take care of patients do not exist in this facility.

Patients suffer and end up with more problems than they came in with as a result of poor leadership, disorganization and limited resources.
Pros
Smart employees who want to do their best
Cons
Thinking about ever stepping foot in there again induces nausea
Fun working in the office with co-workers and my supervisor.
HIM Receptionist, HIM clerk and Medical Coder I (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 24, 2017
I was able to gain friendship with my supervisor and due my working abilities I was trained as a medical coder by my manager and a co-worker. When I needed to make changes in my schedule, whether it be a temporary change or a permanent change, my supervisor was willing to make it possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunches
Nice facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 16, 2017
It is a very nice facility and the co workers are kind, very helpful, and easy to work with. The benefits are great and the environment is good. There are plenty of resources as well.
Great surgeons
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 22, 2017
Fun place to work. High stress at times. Clinical staff is great to work with. Lots of interaction with surrounding medical facilities. Great surgeons.
Great Training Office
Certified Nursing Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 27, 2016
EIRMC is a great hospital. I learned a lot while doing my internship there with them. The staff was courteous and helpful in accomplishing my training.
No loyalty to employees
Nutrition services (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 21, 2016
Lots of Drama and back stabbing manager always buisy doing thing in other departments Too many brown nosers the rules are for different people for different reasons never any praise the managers play favorites and nothing gets done about complaints lots of stress . Not a great place to work
Pros
Good pay and good Vacation pay
Cons
Drama no loyalty favorites and no praise
great work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at EIRMC and miss all the kind staff. Must be able to work in fast-paced environment but the great staff I worked with was always willing to help out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight