Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awesome hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 11, 2018
Great benefits. Loved 3 days at 12hrs a day. Wide range of patient care. Always learning opportunities. Room for advancement with reimbursement for school.
Great place that takes care of you
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  IdahoOctober 24, 2018
I love the management in the housekeeping department. The work culture is great. I loved working here, I was never bored and never felt over worked. Would highly recommend working here.
This was a very fast pace job that kept you on your feet.
Cerified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 5, 2018
There was very little break time or sitting time. It was run run run pretty much the whole shift. There was not much help when in need. There was 100 things to do in a short amount of time and not much help.
Pros
a Pay check
Cons
no team work and asked too much of.
Pediatric rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 28, 2018
Great patient population, several kind coworkers, new management of pediatric unit great, poor allocation of resources to the pediatric unit of hospital
Pros
Pediatric patients, kind coworkers, management
Cons
Schedule, Gossip on Unit, Eirmc doesn’t out high priority in investing resources to pediatric unit
Labor and Delivery
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Former Employee) –  Labor and deliveryAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working in labor and delivery as a CST. I didn’t mind being on call during the weekend or night. I do wish they would have a full time position for that department. I was not receiving any benefits at the time I was working. I tried to work in the main or but was told I need to choose between Labor and Delivery or the main or.i choose the main or but was told there were no postings available. Work environment in the main or was not the best. Other CST didn’t want to teach me new things, I felt like a burden on them. I was very much disappointed in that. I was excited to learn for great people but I was not thought anything but to stay out of the way and I would never fit in there so why try. This was the feeling I received during the 3 months I worked in the main OR. Labor and delivery was a great place everyone new what there job was. The staff was very friendly and very helpful if I had questions. I miss working there.
I was a nice work place
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 24, 2018
I liked helping people and being able to feel like I was needed. I loved seeing people faces when I would walk into there room asking if they want to do anything. I also loved delivering flower to patiens.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Having so much down time
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 20, 2018
Floor nursing at the hospital is not a good fit for everyone as the hours are long and the work is demanding but rewarding. I have enjoyed working here although I do feel they could look in-house for advancement before looking at others.
Pros
wages are competative
Cons
they don't offer higher wages for longevity
No opportunity for advancement and no recognition for positive achievements
Full Time Technologist (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 24, 2018
No opportunity for advancement and no recognition for positive achievements. No communication between employees and management. You cannot speak up about issues that are troublesome. You are targeted as a trouble maker for speaking up.
Forget Life - Work Balance
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 21, 2018
After filling in on many occasions, on the spot, often on holidays, at the last minute for absentee workers (including those who never called in to let management know they wouldn't be in -- but were neither reprimanded nor terminated), being retaliated against for the "cardinal sin" of having applied for a job with another company, and ultimately being terminated for no discernible reason, I do not have anything good to say about these people.
Pros
Pay was okay.
Cons
Everything else!
Some departments were more cohesive than others.
Surgery Case Management (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 10, 2018
I think most nurses were willing to help each other out. It can be difficult to get all work done in allowed time. There was often times the balance of not allowing overtime, and the other spectrum of having a low census and staff having to stay home.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be stressful with a heavy workload at times.
It has been a long time since I was employed at this place
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for the hospital, but it was a long time ago. The work environment then was good. There were a lot of benefits for employees who worked there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Competitive wage
Enjoyable workplace
Physical Therapy Greeter/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 14, 2018
The Physical Therapists at EIRMC's outpatient PT are very professional and kind. They are family and are very caring of their employees and clients This was a enjoyable place to work.
Eirmc
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 27, 2018
The people I worked with on a daily basis were really great, the main problem is management is poor and they treat employees poorly. I would rather work for someone who appreciates their employees more.
good place
Full-Time CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 17, 2017
loved all the people who I worked with and for, amazing people. I loved the vastly different cultures I was experienced to by the travel nurses, staff, and patients.
Pros
Reduced Lunches, Good Pay, Great co workers
Cons
Long shifts
Professional working environment with exemplary team members
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is being a patient advocate and able to assist patient/families with their needs during their hospital stay and upon discharge. Hours are from 7:30am to 4:00pm but usually unable to leave on time due to late physician discharges. It is a quick-paced day with multiple interruptions due to the constant need of input from case management and social services. Nurses and front-line staff are great team players and advocate for their patients daily.
Pros
The Case Management/Social Services is a collaborative team.
Cons
Many times have to work through lunch.
Less than ideal
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 27, 2017
I worked here for a very very short time and all I saw was a toxic work environment and greedy coworkers. Could not stay there any longer and had to quit.
Great Staff Dynamic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time on the surgical/orthopedic floor. I learned a lot and enjoyed the team dynamic. Everyone I worked with was willing to teach me and answer my questions. The CNAs were amazing and extremely helpful.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
A place that I always learn something new every time I am there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 26, 2017
-Care for patients that have acute illness
-Assist patients in daily activities
-Handle medications to nursing tasks
-Assist physicians in performing procedures
-Every day I learn a new illness, symptoms, treatment, etc.
-It is a team work environment where I work closely with other medical staffs (nurses, CNA, physicians, physical therapist, respiratory therapies, housekeeping, etc.)
-Most enjoyable part of my job is to be involve in helping other get back to the best potential that they can be.
Pros
save lives
Cons
Fast paced busy work environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 16, 2017
Fast paced busy work environment. Must work as a team to accomplish all required tasks and provide patient care. Wide varied of patients. Work with multidisciplines .
I feel this has a good balance
Assistant Supervisor in housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 13, 2017
As long as you do your work and keep up on the education everything is good. Things can get stressful at times but that is with anything. I am excited and privilege to be part of this team.
Pros
Benifits, paid time off, flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight