Eastern Lift Truck Employee Reviews

A Good Place To Work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJApril 23, 2019
The best part of the job is great co-workers and a fun atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is doing many things that aren't your job.
Sometimes you feel like you are doing more than those around you.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 16, 2019
Worked there for 9 months and had 3 managers in that time. Were fairly new to the area and nothing was meshing the way it should be for a company that size.
Pros
Flexible
Micro management
RailKing Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJMarch 10, 2019
Thought this was going to be my dream job, but I worked in the intermodal division and the manager likes to micromanage and looked to always try and find the bad but never the good. Never asked a vet of 22 years on how to make department efficient! The owner is awesome just does not stay involved with management team!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Micro management, no meetings
Poor management makes for poor company culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PA, Berwick, PAFebruary 9, 2019
This could be a great place to work. The owner doesn't mind doing what it takes to be an industry leader. You are given the tools to crush the competition but that's where the good ends and the very bad begins. Everything after the sale is a bad joke. The management here is weak at best. No follow through on anything. Finger pointing and gossip replaces helping the customer. Unfortunately there are a few people in high places that either lack the leadership ability to bring everyone together or have character issues that cause them to enjoy the drama of workplace friction. Little man syndrome i believe they call it.
If you enjoy gossip, drama and don't mind kissing up to the right person this may be okay for you. You will still have to deal with the inefficiency of finger pointing in place of finding solutions.
Pros
Get the business at any cost.
Cons
Company culture, poor management, terrible workplace environment, no support
If you are looking to get out of the Forklift world this is the place to be!
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, DEJanuary 16, 2019
Wasn’t a good experience for the gate. You are being dissected on every move in every repair you make. If they don’t like it you get written up for it, if you inform them and they don’t tell the customer you get rewritten up for it. All in all it is always your fault not the management. If you are ok with that then then this is your short term place to be.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, lack of support for techs, always threatening to be fired.
stressful and never home
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 15, 2019
job pays well but i do not trust the management. all branches are different though. Alot of the customers in my area do not like to spend money or they feel they are being ripped off.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and stressfull
Dont work at this dump in piscataway nj
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 19, 2018
Leadership is a joke , the pay is behind other companys doing forklift repair and it seams like the yale brothers from Brooklyn have turned this place Into a dump. Go work for crown up the street.
Pros
Cons
Entire places sucks
Do not recommend
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PADecember 6, 2018
Very tense environment. Eyes are constantly on you. Lot of belittling employees. Shop foreman flips out yelling and screaming and throwing tools. Employees feel stuck here and afraid to leave. Lots of older mechanics. Shop foreman flips out if you leave a mess during the repairs.
Pros
Non
Cons
It is a job
Eastern Lift Truck was a good company to work for.
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MDOctober 12, 2018
Was a good company to work for, just was not a good fit for me anymore. The company always strived to make sure that there was work for the employees.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2018
Company does not like to pay out commission to new rep's. Always on my sales number when given updates throughout quarter until last day when I "just missed" it. No process in place for rep's to track their own sales numbers- updates from manager. Commission paid out at discrepancy of GM, direct manager had very little authority everything comes from GM.
Company car, ez-pass, gas card, and phone.
Fair working environment depending on which branch.
Found most employees helpful, company growing fast, a lot of people thinking their chiefs not enough Indians.
Pros
Car, phone, ez-pass, gas card
Cons
A lot of people giving direction not many doing
great place just unpaid
Parts Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJSeptember 18, 2018
great work environment but raises are few and far between. i make under 30,000 a year and work my butt off. my co workers are wonderful and the benefits we are offered are awesome too just low salary for me.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
salary low
Good Place to Work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 12, 2018
Great pay and benefits. Management definitely has issues and had numerous communication problems. Overall a good company to work for. I left to relocate.
Road Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 23, 2018
I’ve been with the company a few years now. Just like everywhere and anywhere it has its ups and downs. One thing I must say when needed the team comes together to fix problems. The owners of the company are very family oriented. Yes managers must be managers at times. With the managers your family oriented as well. Training is a plus.
You must take your training modules on your time. School is 40 hours for one week which is paid. There’s a lot of classes to take due to the material we work on. I joy working for this company and yes I would refer friend to this company. If you come the work and give 100% you have nothing to worry about. Those who play games and goof off that’s another story. Like anything in life you only get what you put into it.
Pros
Company van, Good PTO Time
Cons
Getting help at times due Busy schedules.
Rewarding career if you want it to be!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJJune 20, 2018
Salary and bonus (when you met your quarterly goal) provided a nice, comfortable, annual salary. Company car, gas card and phone were some very nice perks. Overall management was very helpful and motivating. They would do enough to keep you in line, but also allow you to figure out how to use your own skills to succeed. My time with the company was great and I do not regret a single day there!
Pros
Car, gas card, flexibility
Cons
Relying on others
Terrible Place to Work
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJJune 18, 2018
If you are not a middle-aged white man or a gossiping female this is not the place for you. Racist and unethical. A waste of my time and most likely will be a waste of yours.
forklift mechanic (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 10, 2018
I did not like working at this company to much racism and not a very friendly place to work I felt like you had to walk on pins and needles not a very friendly place I felt like I was on the outside didn't fit in the click
Good place to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 14, 2018
I worked here for over 20 years and was always offered opportunities to try different areas of the business. There's a lot of good people to work with, and overall it was a pleasure.
Strap in and get ready to be horse whipped or stabbed in the back!
Road Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Foglesville, paMay 8, 2018
There is no lack of wanting to throw your co-worker under the bus and accuse him of someone else's mistakes before the bus runs him over. This is a typical forklift rental house but they will do work that is not needed to run up charges illegally and cover their tracks among their employees. The parts department will park up prices based on the customers wealth or lack of knowledge of the actual price. Very criminal job! I never worked for a more dishonest group who rips their customers off beyond blind!
Pros
Cons
Expect to be a slave
When you work for a leader, you are expected to perform.
Director of Marketing and Business Development (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 6, 2018
Eastern Lift Truck Co. is a great place to work. Although the company has been in growth mode for the past decade and now employs more than 800 people, it has managed to retain the family atmosphere of a much smaller organization. We've been a leader in the industry (not just our marketplace) for many, many years. So that means there are definitely high expectations for individual and departmental job performance. But it's nothing out of line and responsible hard-working people fit right in almost immediately. Management truly cares about the employees and it is not unusual to receive a supermarket gift card at Thanksgiving, a phone call of concern or maybe a discount on a gym membership. The typical day is fast-paced but often very enjoyable and collaborative. Most people seem to like their job and co-workers. There are many people who have been with the company for decades. We share a common goal of providing top-notch customer service. Successes are celebrated and there is always someone ready to help when things don't go quite according to plan. I highly recommend those in the material handling industry to consider a career with Eastern Lift Truck Co. We always have room for one more great employee.
Pros
An award-winning team
Family Company Culture That Wants Everyone to Succeed
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 13, 2018
I have an atypical situation and Eastern Lift Truck Co. is extremely accommodating. I've never had any issues with management or fellow employees, and I always feel valued, challenged in various tasks, and commended when I complete my job well. My last job for a different company liked to work people to the bone without adequate compensation or recognition. This is not my experience with Eastern Lift Truck Co. While the family atmosphere may hold people to a higher standard (How is this a bad thing?), and occasional important emails or a rare phone call might come in over the weekends, I truly feel that this is a product of a company culture that cares deeply for its employees and customers and would like to see everyone succeed.
Pros
Paid Holidays and Vacations, Sick Pay, Competitive Benefits Offered incl. 401(k) + Matching, Close-knit Workforce, Values Employees, Room for Advancement, Competitive Pay
Cons
Surprisingly, none; I really love my job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern Lift Truck. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight