Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Business (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 14, 2018
So many changes happening there that no one knows if they are coming or going. Lots of mistrust and unhappiness. Its a company that lacks integrity and honesty. Very money driven and does not care about patient safety.
excellent
CRNFA- Cardiothoracic Surg (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 13, 2018
very positive. admission to Medical Board very smooth in transition. Very positive with Physicians and staff. I enjoyed the opportunity to have a varied shift to Plastics when the CVT dept was light due to caseload/Physician vacations, etc.
Pros
great Physicians. very welcoming, helpful in adjusting to site & city
Cons
situational
OK if you don't mind not having a voice
Admin (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 5, 2018
Upper management at the hospital is sorely out of touch with how the hospital is managed on a day to day basis from patient flow to ordering supplies, payroll to basic administration. Unit managers are wonderful and understand the struggles, but there is none of that from up top-everything comes down to dollars rather than patients. Compensation is okay, but there is not much room for growth.
OK for a resume
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 30, 2018
If you have worked there for 25 years or are a doctor, you will be offered the world. Otherwise, you truly have no voice, little room for advancement and would be better off finding someplace that treats you like you are a valued member of the staff.
Excellent place to work and grow
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 30, 2018
EMMC provided a safe, clean working environment. They provide areas to grow and to advance. They strive to be the most up-to-date facility, providing modern and excellent healthcare.
Pros
Beautiful new cafeteria, employee discounts
Cons
there is a great divide between management and those who work on the floor/unit
Enjoy my coworkers - more like a family
Medical Records/Practice Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 29, 2018
ringing phones, scanning notes, indexing, validating, forward to provider- loved the people. management like to be a friend more than a manager. hate to leave but I need more.
Pros
close to home
Cons
chaos, too much work, not enough staff, stressful
Fast paced, stressful environment
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 27, 2018
Working in the emergency room was stressful and fast paced, great place to learn more and develop new skills. The company has lots of different choices as far as staying in system.
decent but pay docent raise
Customer Tech Specialist Infrastructure Admin (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEOctober 25, 2018
pay is stagnant slow to increase . people were often hired in same roll making more because the wewre hired later. unfair pay for the work..
Tight knit work family
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR/MONITOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 24, 2018
I loved my work family. They made the job a lot more enjoyable. The upper positions were easy to approach and interacting with patients and their families are something that you hold on to for many years to come
Great place to grow
Credit & Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEOctober 23, 2018
EMHS is a very supportive work environment that allows a person to grow professionally. It is a place to start and retire your employment. I had many great managers who encouraged my growth.
Pros
flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons
self insured
Busy
Surgical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 10, 2018
Its a very busy and professional atmosphere, but I loved it! Some of the doctors are hard to get a long with but after building a rapport with them I enjoyed working with them.
I loved going to the cafeteria for lunch. I also enjoyed knowing that the security there was very strong and present.
I was allowed to work long days which allowed us to rotate Fridays off. The Medical Staff work closely together and for the most part was a cohesive team.
Pros
Flexible daily schedule
Cons
Some strong personalities with medical professionals
One of the best places I've worked
Inpatient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 25, 2018
I really liked the morale and the leadership in the Patient Access department. The rules were fair, everyone was treated equally. There was a great communication and many opportunities to cross train and be involved in continuing education.
Typical Healthcare Organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 18, 2018
Paid well for the rural area but still below national averages.
Resistant to change despite verbally accepting change
Employee engagement was not considered a priority
A Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Applications Analysts Lead (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MESeptember 16, 2018
Eastern Maine was a great place to work. The people are wonderful, management is focused and the organization really does work to fulfill it's mission.
EMMC is my first hospital after working at 3 nursing homes.
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 5, 2018
The moment I stepped on EMMC ground, I fell in love with the environment. My passion to be a CNA is the reason why I kept working throughout college. I have been able to gain nursing skills that I hadn't had the opportunity to learn. The nurse's (most) are so willing to and do "CNA work", fellow CNA's. I know you know what I am talking about~ The ability to learn many new skills such as bladder scans, and actually being able to the blood sugars that we learned in CNA class. However, those Q1 & Q4 blood sugars are a killer, haha. Overall, I would recommend working at EMMC to everyone! Yes, everyone! There is a job for everyone; help is needed everywhere.
Pros
Learning opportunity, seeing new people everyday, working with nurses and observing their skill performance, and the environment.
Cons
working on a med-surge floor, haha. You never know what you're day will be like.
Very poor place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 24, 2018
EMMC does not follow the same rules for their departments. Practice managers treat people different and allow people to get away with different things, whether its a written policy or not. Very poor atmosphere
Very Toxic Enviroment stoked by unqualified Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEAugust 12, 2018
Management at EMHS is horrible, managers have little qualification in leading and are hand picked by others that are not good at leading others, I have witness leadership on the highest levels discussing coworkers in meetings in degrading ways. There is no collaboration, no reward for talent, management is abusive. HR will back incompetent management and hostility. Leaders at the highest level are completely in this for money, they do not care about the community of improving healthcare, this place is corrupt to the max!

This place has consistently gone downhill. Now they want people to reapply for their jobs and sign a Non Disclosure so they can be more abusive to employees while attempting to negotiate contracts with Boston Hospitals. Hopefully they run!
Pros
Skilled coworkers
Cons
Horrible management & leadership
Totally Decent
Care Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 1, 2018
I happen to have a great manager. She was promoted from within. We are lucky to have her as an advocate for us with the executives. The department itself has a lot of strong personalities that occasionally clash. As with all hospital/corporate environments the rumor mill is alive and well as are some rather vicious office politics. This is neither new, nor unique to this or any other hospital whether you have 30 beds, or 10,000 beds.
Systemization
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 16, 2018
Process for becoming a strong system has been chaotic. New thing to track every week. Leadership difficult to follow. Losing autonomy and direction.
Pros
My boss is the best
Cons
Leadership
An interesting place to volunteer, every day provided a different challenge
VOLUNTEER ON-CALL CHAPLAIN (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 15, 2018
I worked as a volunteer and I loved what I did. Working as a Volunteer Chaplain allowed me to complete my Clinical Pastoral Education. I had hoped to get a job there, but the job position was eliminated.