Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems Employee Reviews

Over worked and under appreciated
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 18, 2018
I would not reccomend applying here unlwes you dont care about yourself and dont care what you do. Once they find how well you do they pile it on and keep it on until you break..
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
management
Stressful Work Environment
Practice Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 17, 2018
Work environment involves a lot of drama and back stabbing. People raise their voices when there is a conflict instead of solving it reasonable. There is a lack of respect.
downhill slide
no comment (Former Employee) –  no commentApril 11, 2018
company is nothing like it used to be. future is uncertain. upper management is totally out of touch. coworkers are awesome. everyone is expendable. no loyalty from company.
Pros
employee food discount.
Cons
the ship is heading into a storm. jump while you can.
For someone who hasn't Gotten a job..
Librarian's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 28, 2018
For someone who is just starting off in the work place its a good job to start with, even if there is no pay involved the understanding of what a work place environment is or what its like is nice as it builds character. I learned the importance of data flow within ones system. The hardest part of this job was the silence, Without conversation work there was very difficult.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No pay
Excellent Employer
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 19, 2018
love the fact you can grow with in company. Continuing education and advancement. Great employees that are team players and helpful. wonderful environment calming and enjoyable to work in.
Good Coworkers
Staff Nurse, Ortho/ Neuro Step Down, MS (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 28, 2018
This place is fast paced and busy but you have a ton a of great support from coworkers and charge nurses. I certainly would love to go back and do another contract.
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 6, 2018
I was a student volunteer and really enjoyed my time there. I got to work on several floors to get a feel of the business as a whole. They were very good to me.
A stressful job, but with co-workers that support you.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 4, 2018
Working in the Nuclear Medicine Department was very stressful at times, and easy at other times. The manager and staff all pull their weight and work together effectively. They have to because the job is impossible without teamwork. You get paid very fairly and people are willing to be flexible with their schedule to help you out. The construction is never ending but the sections that are done are very nice. Work here if you can, because there isn't anything significantly wrong with this place
Pros
Fast paced environment, friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Some departments are too understaffed and lose workers at an alarming rate, many people quit due to the work load.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 2, 2018
When I was not working and wanted to gain employment in the non-clinical medical field, I registered as a volunteer with the hospital allowing me access to see how the company operates and presented various job access.
Never work here. Especially in hospitality or nutrition services.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  EMMCJanuary 25, 2018
Constant understaffing, no help from management, pay barely above minimum wage. All said, the EMMC kitchen is a joke. Even when no one calls in, there is not enough staff. Then add the call ins, you drown every day. The managers just watch you burn, then write you up for not getting everything for the three jobs you are covering done. Good luck and may you never experience a work environment like this one.
Pros
You can leave and never look back.
Cons
Bad management, low pay, constant short staffing
Busy, stressful
Care Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 23, 2018
Busy stressful job. EMMC is the only major employer in the area. Low wages and not chance for upward mobility without years of schooling. A very top heavy organization.
excellent place to work
great working environment
well lit
well heated
cool in summer months
equipment up to industry standards
An Excellent Place to Work
Temporary Third Party Biller (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEJanuary 20, 2018
EMHS is an excellent employer. The team that I worked with had a positive outlook, wonderful teamwork, and dedicated managers. Training was offered, and they were willing to work with me on learning anything that I had an interest in pursuing - especially if it helped with my job. Job advancement was available, as was the option of moving departments if you did not feel like you fit with the area you were working in.
fast paced
Emergency Medicine Fellow (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 4, 2018
fast paced environment, acute patients, lots of turnover and traveling personnel, physician leadership is good, nursing leadership is fair, some old facilities
work
RN supervision, position changes (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 3, 2018
if you like fast paced environment then this is great place to work. everything changes in a second and know two days are the same. great working enviorment
Fun place to work at
OR Attendant/Anesthesia Tech (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 31, 2017
Good place to work.... I work with a great bunch of people. Enjoy working in the OR WITH ALL THE NURSES Cst crna surgeons as well......................
Stressful, over worked,
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 22, 2017
The paid time off is great, you accumulate about 7+ hours per 40 hours worked BUT this also causes a problem with frequent call outs. Management does not have contingencies to call-outs other than to just spread the missing persons work to everyone else. As you may have guessed that makes a difficult day especially with multiple call-outs. It is a rare thing to have days where no one calls out, in the past month there have been 3 days where we were fully staffed and when people are called they don't want to come in due to the large amount of daily stress and lack of compensation.

Training was quick and minimal, more then a year later I am still learning things I should already know.

Most of the people that work there are great and fun but the stressful days cause them, and even me, to be less willing to help each other because we are tired, lack of breaks and large workloads.

The best part of the job is when we are fully staffed, even with surprise events on these days we all have time to adapt to fix them with plenty of help and minimal added stress. These days also give us time to have breaks, relax and communicate (whether it be personally or professionally). It would be an amazing place to work if it were managed more efficiently.

In short, I am actively looking for a new job as is practically everyone else, the department has seen and lost over 65 people in a years time due to bad management of the department and most of us have been penalized for not being able to compleat excessive workloads within the manager's requirements.
Pros
great benefits and paid time off
Cons
excessive work loads and unreasonable time limits. Loss of breaks, Low pay.
Worst place I have ever worked
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 29, 2017
EMMC was the worst job I have ever had the displeasure of having. I was sexually harassed by a co worker and nothing was done to stop it. I was told it was just his personality and it is how he has always been. Management is a joke unless you are buddies.
Cons
Management, co workers
Is an ok place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 15, 2017
Worked on Authorization with little or no supervision which I like.
I learned how the EMMC team works and the different systems.
Hardest part of the job was that there was never any training.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to work overtime.
Pros
Overtime before a replacement employee came in
Cons
Not enough team players
Needs management upgrade
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 14, 2017
Facility management only cares about survey results and numbers. Constant staff turn over due to stress from being overworked.
Must of us only continue to work here because we care about the patients and like our peers.
benefits
Cons
work load, stress