EASTERN NATIONAL Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Relaxed, fun environment.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSMay 29, 2018
I enjoy working at Eastern National. I have met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. Also, this particular branch is at the beach which is an amazing place to work.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appomattox, VAMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed talking to people, learning about history. meeting different people everyday. i enjoyed the history of appomattox! i also liked the schedule i was working
Enjoy meeting Tourists and helping to make their visit to the National Historic Site a memorable one.
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job at Eastern National is meeting visitors from all over the world. I relay information regarding all the Historic sites in Salem, MA, and surrounding Essex County area. I am responsible for opening and closing registers as well as opening and closing the shop. I have learned a significant amount of history about all our sites that I enjoy sharing with customers.
The management team has been very friendly and always there to help if there is something I am uncertain about.
The hardest part of the job is the slow time in the off season with reduced hours and low pay.
I would strongly recommend this company to anyone who enjoys working with great people and educating young and old alike to the rich history tied to our area.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks no health or dental plan and low hourly wage.
Not a bad place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 24, 2018
If you like a relatively low-key place to work where you meet some interesting people and a learn a lot about history, Eastern National is a pretty good place.
Terrible office to work in
Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Worked there as an admin employee was FT very hard picked on by management if I came in 15 minutes early to check my email even though I was being paid hourly I wasn't expecting that time to be paid I would be told to go sit in the cafeteria until 8:30 came around . Nice people to work with but management terrible. Always trying too many things at once and failing. Poor pay. Benefits ok
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay managers no room for advancement
Working at a National Park is personally rewarding and enjoyable.
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PANovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work is arriving at 8:30 AM and preparing for opening at 9 AM. This doesn't amount to much, maybe 10 to 15 minutes of setting things up. You may be busy at 9 AM and then again you may not see any customers until almost 11 AM. From then on it's a fairly steady flow of customers until 4 PM. AT 4 o'clock we start preparing to close at 4:45. Sometimes it is quite busy as we get tour buses, schools, and military groups that come visit Fort Pulaski. The hardest part of the job is when there aren't many customers and it is slow. The most enjoyable part is meeting all of the different people from all over the United States and the world that come to visit Fort Pulaski. It is also nice to be able to enlighten the customers on the history of Fort Pulaski and answer their myriad of different questions.
Pros
Meeting and interacting with an ever changing clientel.
Cons
Working all but 2 days out of the year on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Sales Clerk/Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Stoystown, PAOctober 11, 2017
Greeting visitors, and providing service to everyone walking into the visitor's center. Provide prompt, courteous service with a customer focused attitude. Perform cash handling and register functions in an accurate and consistent manner. Maintained a calm presence during periods of high volume. I stock product, offer assistance to visitors, and answer visitor's questions about the site, offer to help visitors with directions, offer recommendations on local accommodations. I also offer assistance to the park rangers on duty when needed. I preform basic office duties such as answering phones, taking messages, forwarding calls, and assisting the managers in making preforming inventory checks. I do my best to educate the visitor on Eastern Nationals role at Flight 93 National Memorial and our partnership with the National Park Service.
I learned to help tourists in Salem, MA
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 14, 2017
My job required me to direct tourists to the best spots around town. The Salem Visitor Center is also part of a national park site, The Friendship, so I would give out information about the site as well.
Amazing workplace, with amazing management, Great atmosphere. Overall a perfect job for a sales associate.
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, TNMarch 1, 2017
I would recommend eastern national to anyone looking for a job. It's a great place to work, and really equips you for a sales associate position. It pushes your skills and challenges you to be the best you can be at your job.
Pros
30 minute lunches, as well as 2 15 minute breaks. Flexible hours.
Cons
N/a
Really fun place to work and you learn something new everyday
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2016
It's really fun working with tourists and helping them out. It's a small store yet you're always kept busy. You do have to be very responsible!!!!!!!!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan National Historic Site, PRJanuary 31, 2016
good environment
great team work
good view
great lunch hours
day work
meet new people around the world everyday
exiting and fun place to work
Fun getting to meet people from all over the world
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hodgenville, KYDecember 3, 2015
I loved working at the Nancy Lincoln Inn which was run by Eastern National. My supervisor was very good in training me and my co-workers.
My co-workers and I formed a bond quickly and I will always remember my good experience there.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Seasonal
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  st.johnOctober 7, 2015
that was the best job that I have had and enjoyed the most I must say it was very fun to work their. everyone left there personal life problems at the door and that made it easy to wok their. it was fun it was just said business got slow and I had to leave.
Pros
half an hour
Fun small place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Great management, great staff, low pay due to the fact its a not for profit company.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, many different kinds of people
Cons
far away from home for the small pay
First job. great experience
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hatteras Island, NCNovember 22, 2014
This was my first job but it turned out amazing. I got to learn to open/ close a store by myself, open/close registers, count deposits. It was my first encounter with people from all over the world and I got to meet amazing people through the park service which is partnered with Eastern National.
Pros
Paid lunch, great coworkers, educational and fun
Cons
low wage, no advancement
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2014
productive and fun work place with an friendly environment to work. with a lot of culture involve so you always have some thing new to learn
Great management and co-workers
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Each day, depending on what shift I have, I open up the store and the cash register. Throughout the day, I greet customers, do transactions, and restock the store.
Pros
close to many attractions
Cons
there are no cons
not the best job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  lincoln memorialNovember 17, 2013
most of the workers were not ever doing there jobs and when they were it was because the boss was there. I liked being able to meet different cultures of people and hearing about theirs visits to each memorial site. There were co-workers who i loved working with , they taught me what I know now.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
small space, dust and bugs
Retail in National Parks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 2, 2013
Difficult to earn any benefits or pay increases. Otherwise, it can be enjoyable
Working at the National Park.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2013
Working at Eastern National is great you meet a lot of people and you work at the memorials or monuments book store; for example, the Martin Luther King Memorial.
Pros
working for an historcial and new memorial.
Cons
the was no cons.