Eastern New Mexico Medical Center Employee Reviews

The down fall of ENMMC
Perioperative Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 25, 2018
The things that needed to be fixed, I learned a lot about HR, upper management Hardest: Corporate staff showed up and let people go. OR . great OR staff.
Pros
jewelry sales and annual party for hospital anniversery
Cons
clean house so to speak starting at the administrative level. Administration was great.
Fast paced, busy with good work flow and excellent LIS.
Full time Generalist (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 10, 2018
Excellent Lab Manager
95 % bench work.
5% Patient contact.
Best Part, good equipment, well maintained. Great work flow with few interruptions.
Excellent Blood Bank.
Hardest part, abrasive personalities.
Pros
High Quality Lab Manager. Can do it all.
Cons
Lab in basement, old and stuffy and warm.
good facilities, but in a rural community
PACU NURSE SPECIALTY (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMFebruary 11, 2018
modern and nice structure,but few people in the community,slow paced but modern facility,life is so slow and simple, nice employee and nice to work with.
Its been a while
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 27, 2017
When I used to work at ENMMC about ten years ago, the morale couldn't get worse. People were jumping ship and moving to a new hospital that had just been built. Much could have changed, I am unsure of the current culture.
Hard times
Clinical Quality Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 7, 2017
Unfortunately the facility was under deep review at the time I worked there and the agencies were in and out every other week. The deadlines for producing review material was very harsh.
Na
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 6, 2017
Loved seeing and taking care of my patients. Loved my job But office was poorly managed. Staff was treated different from others. And no teamwork at this office.
Pros
Na
Cons
Poor management.
A Great Hospital and Wonderful Opportunity
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMOctober 16, 2017
The job that was described to me when I was hired did not turn out to be the one that I was working. The duties were not clear and I was not advancing into coding. It was more of a medical records job. However, I did get some on the job coding experience and valuable experience in abstracting and completing medical records.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
no educational support when requested, duties not balanced, no upward movement into coding, no support from supervisor
poor mangement
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMSeptember 30, 2017
Very Poorly run healthcare company. No advancement, poor communication.The management lacks everyday guidance.
The best aspect of the position was caring for the patients. and making a difference.
Nice facility
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 29, 2017
Hospital management takes much of the strategic direction from their for-profit parent company CHS. That makes it difficult to handle certain responsibilities.
Immediate boss was the best ever. Great leadership. After that management was poor.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 31, 2017
Had a terrific time where I worked. Boss and co-workers sure. Hospital CEO and Nurse Managers were treated poorly with a huge turnover. Overall good experience
Pros
Pay, benefits, immediate boss. Friendly HR personnel
Cons
Ceo
Excellent hospital surroundings with very nice staff
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 4, 2017
Enjoyed working in hospital environment. Enjoyed working in a department that worked together to accomplish their goals. I deposited monies for various clinics each day and worked several accounts in A/P. Management was super. I enjoyed coming to work each day as I loved my job detail.
Pros
Professional people to work with.
Cons
No cons. Loved my job
No culture of what it is to be a team
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 23, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I really loved my job there getting to help out patients really made my day. The only bad thing is that there is no developed work culture that we are all there to assist and help the patient's and that to help each other as well.
Good Place to start and gain experince
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 12, 2017
Everything is pretty good expect being short staff that you work many hours which is good and bad at the same time. Good because everyone needs money but bad because you never have time to do anything. The pay could be a lot better other hospitals around pay for the same job three to five dollar different. some departments need to have better management.
Pros
hours and some people there
Cons
Not Enough pay
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 30, 2017
I have really enjoyed working for a company that allowed me to make my own schedule as I worked through Nursing school. Great place.

They are flexible and caring and understand the demands that school can place on a person and allow for time needed to complete my studies.
icu and ms nurse
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 8, 2017
Work mostly in an icu that did not use standers used by most icu places. There was no interventional cardiac there at that time. and staff was often 50% or more agency. but it was never a difficult job. The most difficult part of the job was the nurse mgr had tried to organize an uprising against some changes that happened and this seemed to leave here edgy. I left when i was recruited by the heart hospital.
Pros
easy work
Cons
strange going ons
Ed
Registered Nurse/Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 15, 2016
Great team to work with in the ED. Very short staffed at times. Overall, good place to work at. I would take another contract at this facility.
sinking ship
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMFebruary 18, 2016
I had worked there on there critical care unit which is a combined step down/ ICU. A typical day would be under staffed and assigned a patient load that was not easy to manage. Mandatory overtime which I was not told about in the interview it was the only way they could have shifts covered. Only 80 hrs vacation a year but you would never get it approved due to being understaffed. Management was not accessible the director was forced to be administrator on duty a lot and could not run his ICU the way he wanted too. However, he had a great vision for the facility which has 160 beds but half the units are shut down. ENMMC once was a thriving hospital. Co workers the travelers had bad attitudes but were needed for their experience but they did not provide much in guidance or mentoring like they were supposed to. The hired on staff were mostly out of state nurses from markets with a glut of nurses but they had a desire to be ICU nurses but did not get the proper precepting. The patients were grateful for the most part and always thankful. Most of them being local do not know anything else. My self coming from a mid size metro with a University Medical Center, top ranked college of medicine I can tell you I would not want to be a patient at ENMMC. I do feel sorry for the locals they deserve better.
Pros
hospital nursing experience
Cons
lack of lunch break, mandatory overtime, no vacation time
Co-workers are usually nice
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMOctober 24, 2015
Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected at a large company. I keep myself busy so the work day goes by fast.
Pros
Full time, over time available
Cons
No advancement opportunities within my department
employees are amazing
Medical-Surgical Floor Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMOctober 2, 2015
I absolutely love my job! The employees and supervisors are amazing! They are very accommodating to my work and family schedule.
Ideal position close to home
Office Assistant / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruidoso, NMJuly 9, 2015
managing patient care and working close with the doctor as well as co workers made this job easy and fun. Assisting in patient care giving injections running tests assisting in procedures filing faxing copying doing referral verifying ins ordering supplies and sterilizing supplies it was very time consuming allowing for the day to race by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastern New Mexico Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Eastern New Mexico Medical Center Reviews by Location