Eastern Oregon University Employee Reviews

Eou
Lab Aid Technician/DSO Worker (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORAugust 3, 2018
This Job provided me skills in working with peers and different cultures and provided me with sets of skills necessary to help me in the real job market.
Good with Schooling
Sales/ Marketing (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 8, 2017
This job really kept me going through my one year at EOU. With being a student /athlete at the college, I had my hands in the mix of plenty of activities for events and working for the college made it even better.
Good Place, Good People
Coach (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORNovember 2, 2017
Depending on your role at EOU, you can be extremely over worked, or you can have good work life balance. It is in a nice but small town with a lot to do if you enjoy outdoor sports.
Pros
Good Healthcare
Cons
Work Life Balance
Tutor in the Online Writing Lab (OWL) (Former Employee) –  La Grande, OROctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed my job although it was temporary. I was a tutor in the online writing lab, and really enjoyed helping students with their papers. They appreciated my help. It was a rewarding job.
Good place to gain experience
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORMay 21, 2017
EOU provides many student jobs in many different categories. There is something for everyone and not shortage of skills to learn. Honestly as a student worker, I do not get full benefits so I cant provide that much information. I wouldn't even bother with this, if indeed wasn't making me.
Friendly and organized work environment
Supervisor- Cheryl Higgins (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJanuary 13, 2017
If I worked mornings I would take the previous days mail to the post office and drop that off along with picking up the current days mail. Then I would return to the college and sort all the mail and then deliver it to the offices on campus. Along with picking up any out going mail. I then would return to the office and sort that mail along with meter any outgoing mail to prepare it to take it back to the post office at the end of the morning shift.
The afternoon shift I would just deliver and pick up the mail from the offices. Then meter the out going mail and get it ready for the next morning shift.
I learned how to organized my work in an efficient way. Also how to deliver my route in a timely manner. On every shift I had two supervisors who I would sometimes answer phones for and take small packages for. I also would have a co-worker to split the routes into two. I would always let the co-worker pick the route because I enjoyed both routes. The hardest part about my job was billing day because there was ten times more mail to meter. The most enjoyable part of the day was that I got to walk around and interact people.
Pros
On your feet
Cons
Bad weather
not as diverse
Phone sales (Former Employee) –  La Grande, OROctober 18, 2016
would do better if diversity was present there. it is hard to be successful with out reaching out to the minorities. my experience was good once I got the job before I was treated way different.
Fun and inviting place to work!
Box Office Manager-Theater Department (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORSeptember 1, 2016
My job was tied in with my life as a college student, so they worked around my class schedule, which was nice and very convenient. I worked in the Theater department, so I learned a lot about the business side of Theater and gained so much knowledge! The most enjoyable part of my work was getting to see the productions happen from start to finish and to see all the hard work the crew, directors, and actors put into a piece of theater. The hardest part of the job was when we didn't have plays or productions happening and there wasn't much to do, so there was a lot of sitting around.
Pros
Cool atmosphere!
Cons
Dead time!
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 4, 2016
My supervisor was nice and so were my coworkers. It usually stayed busy and I always had something I could do to stay productive.
Great Culture
PRACTICUM & INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 16, 2016
Amazing people and community with abundant outdoor activities. Relaxed atmosphere with loads of opportunities for personal growth and development
One basket for all your eggs
misc employee (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORJanuary 4, 2016
EOU's main downside is job security. Being such a small state university, it always seems like EOU is on the legislative chopping block, and if it ever did go down, there would be nowhere else to work in the region that could compare, pay-wise.
Pros
Great environment, beautiful area, educational benefits are great
Cons
health benefits get worse and worse every year. earning potential is pretty limited.
EOU Student Volunteer
Volunteer Distance Education Tutor (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORNovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed assisting other students with school work, but the the work load did not allow for a social life. Some faculty are supportive, while others are only out for a paycheck and get a few students while they are it. The new budget and administration changes have negatively impacted the school. Glad I graduated when I did.
Pros
Laid back student body, Beautiful nature
Cons
Some faculty are negative
It was very easy and it was what I liked to do, plus it worked with my schedule.
IT/AV Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORNovember 3, 2015
I would make sure that the computer labs were cleaned up after every class and make sure that all missing items were taken care of properly. I would also work on the electronics where the work needed to be taken place at.
Pros
I enjoyed the work, temperature was always at a great level of comfort, it also worked around my classes.
Amazing Athletics
ASSISTANT SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORSeptember 14, 2015
Eastern Oregon University offered a great education and promoted parallel success in athletics. All athletes are considered students first. The Athletic Director offered collaboration and support during my time as the Sports Information Director. The coaches, staff, and student body worked together to promote great sportsmanship as well as integrity.
Great Part Time Job For College Students
Eocene Apartment Managers (Current Employee) –  La Grande OregonSeptember 10, 2015
Cleaning, helping Tenants, check in/out. Basically you are the medium between the tenants and Easter Oregon Universities Resident life office
college jobs
Broadcasting Instructor (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 12, 2014
what more can we say about them? just giving kids faux power over other kids while paying them very little for it.
Rewarding, and productive work environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  La Grande, OROctober 20, 2014
A typical day would be working one-two hour shifts around scheduled class times. In the math lab, I assisted students at every level of math offered at the university. I learned to adjust to an ever-changing work dynamic. No students' needs are ever the same. Co-workers were all friends in the math department, we all excelled at our own levels. It was nice to be able to ask co-workers for help or refer students to someone with more expertise in an certain area. Hardest part of the job was getting attached to the students I helped. It was amazing to see their progress over the years and to leave was really hard.
Pros
Being able to use math to help others
Cons
Not a competitive field.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at work was greeting my fellow employees, then headed straight to my desk to began working. i learned billing and accounts, returns and financial knowledge. management was great, i couldnt have asked for better managers. they have great communication and understanding. i loved my co-workers we make a great team and always tackle our work loads. the hardest part of the job was rearranging the storage. the most enjoyable part was the customers, having regular customers made work a lot better.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
great employees
Fun Place to work
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different college students every day. I communicate with them all the time until they meet their needs.
Small Town college atmosphere
Defensive Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJanuary 24, 2014
Nice place to live in the Blue Mountains. Good people, that love the area and the students.