Eastern State Hospital Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Not a place you want be working for.
nurses assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 23, 2019
Things that are the upmost importance concerning your safety is not an option. All they're interested in is numbers, dollar bills. They treat employees like they're in human; like a slave master. Mandating staff ever other day. Requests for time off vacation is always denied. You can get if you fine a replacement. It's sad...... always under staff.
was a good place to work but things have change
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 27, 2019
we stay short so its dangerous as a work place.. management is not doing there job to keep staff here.. need staff we cannot keep having job fair but know one stays
Pros
good benefits
Cons
dangerously short
I enjoy work there and see patient succed in community once the Doctor find the right Medication for then.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  4601 around bound roodJanuary 13, 2018
Taking patient to activities. encourage to take their meds. Mandatory overtime. taking vital signs .serving meals . documenting meals and activities daily leaving at time patient might needs encouragement to complaints with their ADL"S .
Pros
Good beneficts such as health insurance and sick time.
Cons
you are exposed to get hurt, The patient can became conbative. Alot mandatory hours.
Management could be more worker friendly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 14, 2017
They need to hire more staff and treat the staff like they are wanted. Also more men are needed at the job for safety. I think night shift is the best shift to work in my opinion because some of the patients are sleeping.
CNA Position
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work would be to come in to relieve the other CNA's , chart vitals, and anything we see in patient charts. change patients bedding, assist with hygiene and feeding. I learned how to work in a very fast pace environment, how to take vitals and document in patient charts. Some co-workers were great to get along with , others had the attitude that they didn't care about their job , they were just there to do it. The hardest part of the job was the training because no one communicated anything, they just expected you to know the routine. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was able to help patients and make them smile.
Pros
fast pace environment, loved working with patients
Cons
lack of training, lack of communication, some staff
You will learn more and more about mental health
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 21, 2016
Since working here I've learn a lot about mental health. Understand of how to recognize the sign of patients when they cycle.
Typical day at work is taking patients to class and charting on them on how they day was, taking their meds. Every day u don't know what its going to be like but you make it the best you can. My coworkers work as a team, with this field we have to. The hardest part about my job is breaking up fights or a patients striking out on you just cause they see someone else or a voice is telling them. The most enjoyable part is seeing the patients have a good day. See them smiling and seeing them discharged and living a normal life like they want
work experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 20, 2014
Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, nonsterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; applying restraints.
Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
State run Mental facility
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 12, 2013
Work included making sure all ADL care was complete for each residnt and documenting any anomalies in chart. I learned that I love Dementia. Management was alright. Co-worker were energetic and appreciated for what they do.
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Not a safe work and productive environment
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 23, 2013
Some of my co-workers were not team players and management was unfair. The hardest part of the job was seeing patient not recovering, but the most enjoyable part was seeing the patients restored and going home. I have learned a great deal of understanding of all the different illnesses and the affects.
Pros
Occasional staff luncheon
Cons
Breaks too short
Only rns get respect
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  VAJune 19, 2013
Managment was very unprofessional told all of buisness that was suppose to be confidental
Pros
Pay
Cons
Leadership, Disrespect