Eastern University Employee Reviews

good place
Student Success Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJuly 20, 2018
This is nice place to work, the campus is beautiful, the tuition remission benefit is generous. People are great to work with.
The team environments are good. Easy access to public transportation, close to good food places.
Lack of Integrity & Transparency
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
There are some great individuals in this institution, however, management and higher up leadership do not have a strategy to move forward. I would not be surprised if this University closes in a couple years.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable para los estudintes
Asistente de hospitalidad (Former Employee) –  Wayne, Pennsylvania USAJune 5, 2018
Fue una experiencia buena para el desarrollo laboral de los estudiantes que apenas están empezando. El trabajo no era monótono sino que todos los días se hace algo diferente.
Eastern - a great place to work
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAMarch 6, 2018
The campus in St. Davids, although it became a challenge due to distance from my home, is beautiful. One of the best locations I've ever worked. The faculty and staff of the university as well as the ESL program are dedicated, and good role models.
Loved the department but the college has a fuzzy vision
Adjunct Instructor of Theatre (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAFebruary 27, 2018
My department was amazing. Everyone worked really hard and was extremely dedicated to the students. The university on the whole seems to have an unclear vision for the performing arts at the school. Sometimes the division was praised and sometimes they cut whole departments. It was tricky trying to navigate how theatre fit in to a school that was moving away from its Liberal Arts roots and toward a more Science/Business focus.
fun workplace
Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Utuado Municipio, PRFebruary 12, 2018
it was a perfect job work whit student loking at their crative minds the way they developed it was an interesting and good jobe to have, i wanted to stay longr but it was a temnporary job
Everyone felt as if they were a part of my family
Academy Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I was not a permanent employee. I stayed on as an extension from work study. The environment was great and the staff were great. I fell ill and I was unable to stay at the job as long as I had hoped. There also was not a budget to keep me as a full-time employee. However, I recommend working at Eastern University.
Pros
family focused, caring and understanding team
Cons
I do not have any cons regarding the job
Great for students
Teaching Assistant & Writing Fellow (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Only worked here while I was a student, and that worked out well. Culture is fairly relaxed for students, and it provided me good experience for getting a job post-graduation.
Eastern is awesome
Howard Fellows Program Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAJanuary 2, 2018
At Eastern I was apart of a scholarship program that offered great opportunities. I was lucky to be apart of the program and apart of Eastern University!
Great university with good staff and fine students
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PADecember 12, 2017
Slow-paced as long as students followed university policies and procedures. Resident Staff was the best staff I have ever been a part of both in corporate and university setting.
Eastern
Athletic Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 11, 2017
Even though I am an undergraduate student, I have gotten to work with the athletics department at Eastern University. Eastern University needs to develop better planning and strategies within the athletic department, in order for things to run smoothly.
Good
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2017
it's a good place to be a federal student-employee. They are respectful and considerate with others.
It is a great place with multicultural and religious believes.
Friendly faculty, staff and students
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PANovember 14, 2017
Eastern University is going through some financial difficulties due to continued lack of enrollment. Faculty and staff have been getting lay offs and the moral have been dropping.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and tuition benefits
Cons
low pay, moral and very difficult to advance
No raise in 5 years and hard to move up too much expected for the pay
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PANovember 5, 2017
I've work at Eastern university for almost 10 years and in those years things have been going downhill. Management are not totally honest with employees and many things are kept hidden. Too much money is spent on cosmetic upgrades to the university and they try to squeeze every single cent out of the students. Security presence on campus is poor and supervisor is rude to the students.
Pros
Friendly students, staff and faculty
Cons
Low pay, too much expected, high tuition and student parking
Productive and educational enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 8, 2017
You can learn a lot at this company but, you have to want to learn. They give you many opportunities and you can advance as long as your willing to follow the rules and work hard.
Pros
You experience a diverse culture of people and food
Cons
I had to leave my position
Educational Work Enviroment
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAAugust 22, 2017
Eastern University is an excellent place to learn, grow, and meet people. All of the employees are excited and willing to assist each individual who they come into contact with.
Pros
committed work enviroment
Cons
low pay
Develops Leaders
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAAugust 14, 2017
My work as a resident assistant at Eastern was positive in that Eastern strove to teach me more about being a positive leader within the community. Eastern pushed me to be better and to go outside of my comfort zone.
layoff
Computer Services / Reference Librarian (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJune 10, 2017
I was caught in a major restructuring which resulted in 40 layoffs at the University. there were significan financial issues which resulted in many years of wage freezes and downsizing.
Review
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAMay 22, 2017
I love Eastern. I love its mission, I love the people, but the administration is incompetent and compensation is abysmally low. Great professors and great students.
Productive & Understanding Staff
Enrollment Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PAMay 4, 2017
Working here as a student has many benefits. The staff is understanding of you having to balance work and studies. Overall they are good at communicating their expectations of you and others.