Eastern University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace enviroment
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PADecember 2, 2018
Eastern University is a great entry level place to work. It will get you on your feet and prepare you for the real world. I would not recommend this as a permanent place to work. The people are phenomenal but it is somewhat poorly managed. Still, a good place to work.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Lack of Integrity & Transparency
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
There are some great individuals in this institution, however, management and higher up leadership do not have a strategy to move forward. I would not be surprised if this University closes in a couple years.
Loved the department but the college has a fuzzy vision
Adjunct Instructor of Theatre (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAFebruary 27, 2018
My department was amazing. Everyone worked really hard and was extremely dedicated to the students. The university on the whole seems to have an unclear vision for the performing arts at the school. Sometimes the division was praised and sometimes they cut whole departments. It was tricky trying to navigate how theatre fit in to a school that was moving away from its Liberal Arts roots and toward a more Science/Business focus.
Productive and Relaxing
Mail Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAJune 25, 2018
During my tenure working at Eastern University, I found the work environment very relaxing. I was able to work while working on school work. It was very relaxing for me.
Productive and educational enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 8, 2017
You can learn a lot at this company but, you have to want to learn. They give you many opportunities and you can advance as long as your willing to follow the rules and work hard.
Pros
You experience a diverse culture of people and food
Cons
I had to leave my position
Ambiente de trabajo agradable para los estudintes
Asistente de hospitalidad (Former Employee) –  Wayne, Pennsylvania USAJune 5, 2018
Fue una experiencia buena para el desarrollo laboral de los estudiantes que apenas están empezando. El trabajo no era monótono sino que todos los días se hace algo diferente.
Great for students
Teaching Assistant & Writing Fellow (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Only worked here while I was a student, and that worked out well. Culture is fairly relaxed for students, and it provided me good experience for getting a job post-graduation.
Productive and rewarding place to work at department level. Very entrepreneurial
Director of Advancement & Administration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2012
Was a very illuminating experience to be involved with academia having come from a corporate background. Was surprised at the lack of accountability at program level across programs in general and across higher education institutions. Co-workers were great but senior level management had been around a little too long and new ideas and innovation were tough to implement as channels and venues for doing this were limited due to the organizational culture. I learned the value of collegiality and great insight into higher education in general.
Pros
work
Cons
limited internal staff development and advancement opportunities
Friendly faculty, staff and students
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PANovember 14, 2017
Eastern University is going through some financial difficulties due to continued lack of enrollment. Faculty and staff have been getting lay offs and the moral have been dropping.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and tuition benefits
Cons
low pay, moral and very difficult to advance
Be prepared to work hard for little reward
Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PANovember 18, 2014
You really have to take charge of your career; the career progression is not clearly defined. The compensation is low compared to similar positions at larger colleges and universities. Change is very slow, even though there are glaring inefficiencies which can sometimes be a hindrance to progress. The future, however, is looking a little brighter for the first time in a very long time.

Employees go the extra mile to ensure that students have a great experience; that is the pride and joy of working at Eastern. You will be a life changer if you work in the enrollment department, and the people that you work with are some of the best people that you will ever encounter.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor career advancement, low compensation
Eastern - a great place to work
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAMarch 6, 2018
The campus in St. Davids, although it became a challenge due to distance from my home, is beautiful. One of the best locations I've ever worked. The faculty and staff of the university as well as the ESL program are dedicated, and good role models.
No raise in 5 years and hard to move up too much expected for the pay
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  St. Davids, PANovember 5, 2017
I've work at Eastern university for almost 10 years and in those years things have been going downhill. Management are not totally honest with employees and many things are kept hidden. Too much money is spent on cosmetic upgrades to the university and they try to squeeze every single cent out of the students. Security presence on campus is poor and supervisor is rude to the students.
Pros
Friendly students, staff and faculty
Cons
Low pay, too much expected, high tuition and student parking
Poor Management
Network and VMware Windows Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Eastern is a very nice place. The people here are very friendly. However the structure and management of this place is not good. There is no room for growth. Salaries/Compensation is horrible. You do not get salary increases yearly, or bonus's, or cost of living adjustment.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
No Growth, Poor Management
fun workplace
Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Utuado Municipio, PRFebruary 12, 2018
it was a perfect job work whit student loking at their crative minds the way they developed it was an interesting and good jobe to have, i wanted to stay longr but it was a temnporary job
Academic engaging and supportive
FACULTY POSITIONS (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PAFebruary 16, 2014
Eastern is a value-based culture. Students are engaged and serious about their work.
Pros
Relaxing and focused
Cons
Low salary
Everyone felt as if they were a part of my family
Academy Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I was not a permanent employee. I stayed on as an extension from work study. The environment was great and the staff were great. I fell ill and I was unable to stay at the job as long as I had hoped. There also was not a budget to keep me as a full-time employee. However, I recommend working at Eastern University.
Pros
family focused, caring and understanding team
Cons
I do not have any cons regarding the job
Eastern is awesome
Howard Fellows Program Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAJanuary 2, 2018
At Eastern I was apart of a scholarship program that offered great opportunities. I was lucky to be apart of the program and apart of Eastern University!
Great university with good staff and fine students
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Davids, PADecember 12, 2017
Slow-paced as long as students followed university policies and procedures. Resident Staff was the best staff I have ever been a part of both in corporate and university setting.
Eastern
Athletic Event Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 11, 2017
Even though I am an undergraduate student, I have gotten to work with the athletics department at Eastern University. Eastern University needs to develop better planning and strategies within the athletic department, in order for things to run smoothly.
Review
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Davids, PAMay 22, 2017
I love Eastern. I love its mission, I love the people, but the administration is incompetent and compensation is abysmally low. Great professors and great students.