Eastern Virginia Medical School Employee Reviews

Experince
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working with this company. Being hired without having any medical assisting experience has motivated me to do my best and strive. I recommend that management do not micro manage and stand over there employees.
Great place to work. It's a family type of atmosphere
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2018
It is an enjoyable environment to work in. I like the job and work environment, and I would definitely recommend it to others. I have no regrets about accepting the job offer, and I look at it as a blessing.
Pros
Relaxing and enjoyable
Cons
Growth and advancement
Great plact to work
Student Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 29, 2018
Great place to work. Many people have been at the company 15+ years. The only con is there is no no tuition reimbursement or higher education benefits for staff.
Pros
not micro-managed
Cons
no tuition reimbursement
Fun, learning experience about Diabetes, mentors were research and Physician on location.
Medical Laboratory Technician - Generalist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 25, 2018
/fun, fulfilling job. The lab was organized and run well. Everyone knoew there responisibility. high quality work and results. team work orientated. Up to date analyzers, good quality control system. good computer, patient demographics and laboratory results. good working conditions. would recommend to colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very busy, and time consuming. little time for break.
Good environment to work
Police Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2018
A good health and educational environment to work. Students, staff, and other members of this community do not hesitate to engage and provide assistance to others.
Pros
Good Environment
Fun environment
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 10, 2018
Friendly enriching work place with professional & courteous staff. Two days are never the same. Environment where you are always learning new and innovative procedures.
Very stressful.. Ceo and managers out of touch
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 5, 2018
Receptionist in ob office are treated as if it is a call center. Docs dont even know their schedule. Manadatory meetings every month but your opinions dont count or matter. Rude managers and you areconstantly micromanaged. Patients get mad at how there is never any availability for appointments or they never receive calls from mgmt. Phyysicians always quit or never know their schedule. And if you have an issue going through chain of command. Only makes thing worse.
Pros
I got off at 430
Cons
Shortbreaks. Pay lower compared to sentara and other places
Fast paced
MFM/OBGYN (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2018
My typical day is scheduling appointments and speaking with other offices about high risk patients. Running up and down the halls to add patients on to the schedule. Very productive days.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long wait times
Harmonic workers
MLT (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 9, 2018
good report with Physicians in the Diabetes Clinic and the laboratory. Great research Doctor Vinik, learned so much about pancreas and the disease. Very enjoyable bunch of co-workers and overall transparent. I did every aspeck of Laboratory practice including phlebotomy and ordering lab tests.
Pros
Expert opinions
Cons
low pay
Good place to work - lots of good being done
Faculty Instructor and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 6, 2018
Workload is manageable. I learned a great deal about the advances in medicine, research, and cadaver plastination. The management is ok , as is the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is running out of time on really busy days and not being allowed to work overtime to finish the task. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our medical students graduate.
Pros
really smart people...I love to work with them
Cons
parking is a real problem, along with no place to go eat close by
Great Organization to Work For
Licensed Practical Nurse, Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMarch 12, 2018
EVMS is a great organization to work for. They provide you multiple opportunities to advance and consistently offer training to help enhance your job performance.
Pros
Benefits, environment, opportunities to advance
Cons
Salary
Evms
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 5, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. I really enjoyed doing my externship at EVMS Otolaryngology Dept. I would recommend this job to anyone. There are some very amazing people that work here.
Great Job Security
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 28, 2018
Company has a great rotational culture that allows you to rotate every 2 years. In 8 years, it is not uncommon to get experience in finance, rates and budgets, supply chain, and planning.
this was a great experience for an social work intern
Intern Counselor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 19, 2018
I loved this environment and thoroughly enjoyed working at the clinic both in Norfolk and Portsmouth. It was stressful and yet it was a learning environment. The collaboration and teamwork was amazing.
Pros
A great learning environment
Cons
It was only an internship
medical assistant
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2018
EVMS as a whole is a great place to work. There are several departments within the school and room for growth is limited depending on the department. I enjoyed my time here but if you don't stay up on pay you wouldn't know you were the lowest paid in your department.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
mininum growth options
workplace typical of many enviroments
Health Care Quality Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 16, 2018
fast-pace work environment
manager violated the confidential rule about employees health status who were out of work, lots of gossip
Learn more about the disease process of diabtes
hardest part of the job was fear of termination /elimination of position
Very much typical of many work environments
Pros
free lunch, milage payment when I had job assignments off campus
Cons
lack of confidentiality among mangement
Poor management
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2018
Scheduling appts, front and back office, great MDs... Lack of management communication, I enjoyed working with patients, I learned about ENT, audiology the workplace culture was very diverse and i liked it.
Pros
Some co workers were awesome
Cons
Seniority given regardless of right or wrong, communication
Great Working Environment
Institution Review Board Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Not one day was a dull day. Being in the middle of a learning hospital was great. The management was awesome and the workplace culture was enjoyable. Everyone worked well together.
Excellent work place
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 25, 2018
I had to relocate to take care of a family matter.
Working at EVMS was a good. Experience and the training was constant and professional. At EVMS there is room to grow. I highly recommend EVMS.
Evms
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 23, 2018
EVMS/ Jones Institute is a wonderful place to work, learning environment, fast paced, culturally diversed environment, coworker are always willing to help and teach.
Pros
patients
Cons
lack of breaks